BC Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 02:06 PM
ChOy BoY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TimG37S
I installed my new BC Coiloverls this weekend, I am pretty stoked on how easy they were to install. It took me about 3 hours (with beer drinking) to do the install by myself. I had a couple issues getting the preload in the rear, unfortunately i did the install on the weekend and no one answered the phone at BC, I'm guessing there not open on the weekend.

I found some good advice in the suspension section of the forum and had the problem fixed in no time...Thanks for the help

As for how the car handles now!! It's like night and day, i can't believe how much harder you can drive this car. The body roll is almost unnoticeable now, and you can get on the gas so much earlier as you exit the corners. I have a Z as my go fast car, but now with the new BC coilovers it's gonna be hard to chose what to drive more often.

All i need now is some boost!!!

I will be posting the pics tonight or tomorrow.
So no rattles?
Old 03-30-2009, 02:45 PM
TimG37S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None at all, but by the end of the day i will have about 100 miles on the car sense the install. Let's see how the rest of the week goes. I plan on driving the G everyday this week. I'll keep everyone posted on that.

I was a little nervous going with the BC Coilovers, but once i had them on the car and drove it i was immediately satisfied with them. I have had coilovers on almost every car i have owned, and the differences between these and some of the other higher end ones i have owned is almost unnoticeable.

I am very happy with my decision
Old 03-30-2009, 04:42 PM
THMotorsports
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by TimG37S
I was a little nervous going with the BC Coilovers, but once i had them on the car and drove it i was immediately satisfied with them. I have had coilovers on almost every car i have owned, and the differences between these and some of the other higher end ones i have owned is almost unnoticeable.
Have they been redesigned? We sold three sets of the originals and all three people had problems with them.

I had them on an SRT4 and Tim is right, they felt good, but the longetivity wasn't there. After one winter, the seals were gone on two of the shocks and they leaked. The design on the BCs good and they do put some thought into their spring and valving choices, but the price point means they can't be as well made as some of the other choices like HKS.

The KWs are still my favorite, but the BCs cost half as much for very similar performance on the track.

Last edited by THMotorsports; 03-30-2009 at 05:01 PM.