BC Coilover question:

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 01:48 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
the problem doesnt sound too too bad... you get what you pay for, what did you all expect for 900 dollar coils? I still think you got a bargin even if they are alil noisy.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:05 AM
fireboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmm i am waiting for tein.. for sure
Old 05-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Does not sound right, I am still saying something was not done right on the install. I have NO issues whatsoever and I know at least 4 or 5 guys in my club who have been rocking these coils for a while also with no issues.

Unless there was some sort of factory defect on all your kits you should not be hearing anything.

Last edited by Kidcane; 05-29-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:45 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
YEa its too much of a coicidience (sp) thats 4 people are describing the same thing...
Old 05-29-2008, 10:56 AM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
the problem doesnt sound too too bad... you get what you pay for, what did you all expect for 900 dollar coils? I still think you got a bargin even if they are alil noisy.
haha thats true for sure!!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Pete@BC

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey everyone,

sorry I haven't had the opportunity to come in as we have been running some events here lately.

The rear install is not as simple as the fronts. The rears need to be adjusted evenly. Whatever changes are done to the spring need to be done over to the shock as well to maintain it's balance and keep everything tight. It sounds as there may be something loose. Also, the lower rear isolater from factory is to be used. I've heard of some using our assembly upside down. I know I have some pics, let me see if i can get some posted up here.

If your not sure on the equal adjustments in the rear, your gonna want to go in and release the lower bolt to the shock. Once this is done using a jack put load on the spring seat. Once the spring is loaded as if the car was on the ground, make sure the shock end is not longer or shorter than needed. You will want it to be slightly shorter (1/8-1/4 inch). I would also double check all the bolts and nuts that were worked on. The upper bolts to the shock, those I've heard of people stripping, even snapping. Be careful on not overtorquing those. If anyone has questions, please feel free to contact us. 321-206-6381
Old 05-29-2008, 11:19 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Originally Posted by Pete@BC
Hey everyone,

sorry I haven't had the opportunity to come in as we have been running some events here lately.

The rear install is not as simple as the fronts. The rears need to be adjusted evenly. Whatever changes are done to the spring need to be done over to the shock as well to maintain it's balance and keep everything tight. It sounds as there may be something loose. Also, the lower rear isolater from factory is to be used. I've heard of some using our assembly upside down. I know I have some pics, let me see if i can get some posted up here.

If your not sure on the equal adjustments in the rear, your gonna want to go in and release the lower bolt to the shock. Once this is done using a jack put load on the spring seat. Once the spring is loaded as if the car was on the ground, make sure the shock end is not longer or shorter than needed. You will want it to be slightly shorter (1/8-1/4 inch). I would also double check all the bolts and nuts that were worked on. The upper bolts to the shock, those I've heard of people stripping, even snapping. Be careful on not overtorquing those. If anyone has questions, please feel free to contact us. 321-206-6381
Do you mean slightly shorter than the Factory Strut?
Old 05-29-2008, 12:29 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lol and people were claiming these to be on par with bilsteins and motons lol
Old 05-29-2008, 12:30 PM
IP37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
Old 05-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

If you install Bilsteins or Motons wrong you will have issues too.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:43 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by Kidcane
If you install Bilsteins or Motons wrong you will have issues too.
So all these people either installed them wrong or have shops that dont know what they are doing? I dont think so
Old 05-29-2008, 01:10 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

I dont think anyone actually said these were the quality of those 2 companies...
I think whoever it was that was argueing with you said something about the price and efficiency... im too lazy to find the arguement tho so i may be wrong...
Old 05-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I've ridden in Max's car and it feels fine. I really like the way the BC's feel and handle. Rode in his car at ZDayz. I can tell a nice improvement from stock.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

So all these people either installed them wrong or have shops that dont know what they are doing? I dont think so
That or a factory defect. I believe 2 or 3 of the 4 did install themselves so they easily could have messed it up but Sharif did Max's so that is strange since I know he knows what he is doing. Although Pete from BC did the install on mine and there was still a rattle in the front so I had to take it back to find out that we just did not tighten down the sway bar end link all the way. So its not impossible that it was just done wrong.

It's a little wierd because like I said, of every car I researched and every person I spoke to or know, this is the first set of problems.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:26 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
I dont think anyone actually said these were the quality of those 2 companies...
I think whoever it was that was argueing with you said something about the price and efficiency... im too lazy to find the arguement tho so i may be wrong...
no he was saying there was nothing to show that BC's were not on the level of the bilsteins or motons and nothing to prove why the others were better systems.

Quick Reply: BC Coilover question: