Question for those w/ BC Racing Coil Overs...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Black Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by solopresident
wait it out IMHO
Why?
Originally Posted by solopresident
u should buy tein.
Why?
Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
i neeed these...
You really do
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
should have waiting KW>BC anyday. its night and day. the BC's are good no doubt but they are not on the same level as KW...
How can you compare something you havent tested? Or have you tested both on your vehicle?
Bilstein’s and Moton's are priced way above the rest also but does that mean they are just over priced versions of BC's and other's that are cheaper? no there is a reason they are priced so high. because they are far better then the rest. you get what you pay for.....
I've driven cars with Bilsteins, and motons, and I think they're great. But personally, Im not willing to pay x,xxx for suspension, as other peoples, and not everyone can afford to drop that kind of cash on suspension. Im a track driver, every single one of my cars have been tracked. I like the stiffest ride possible, even when daily driving. Not only are BC's bang for your buck, but I guarantee that you will not be disappointed with the ride of BC racing coilovers. Dont knock it till you try it is all im saying.

The websites speak for themselves. Bilstein and Moton are the considered the two top suspension in the world. Used on all the top race cars and teams around the world. These are not your every day tuner systems. they are pure track bred systems that are made for the true track junkie and racer.

http://www.motonsuspension.com/

http://www.bilstein.com/tech.php

on a side not bilstein just released their new PSS10 system. i am really hoping they make a set of the 37...
No doubt they're on top of their game. But what are the major differences between the PSS10 system and BC racing coilovers? Besides name and cost? Both are monotube, BC's offer 32 levels of dampening, for those who like street use, and for those who like tracks can be happy, vs Bilsteins 10 levels, im not saying more levels of dampening makes them better, but more adjustability for those who like a street ride sometimes, or an in between ride, or a track ride. Both are GREAT quality products as well. But I guess since Bilstein and Moton have baller websites, they win the battle

Just my honest opinions as a driver, not as BG@PF .
Old 04-23-2008, 01:38 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Guy
Why?

Why?

You really do

How can you compare something you havent tested? Or have you tested both on your vehicle?

I've driven cars with Bilsteins, and motons, and I think they're great. But personally, Im not willing to pay x,xxx for suspension, as other peoples, and not everyone can afford to drop that kind of cash on suspension. Im a track driver, every single one of my cars have been tracked. I like the stiffest ride possible, even when daily driving. Not only are BC's bang for your buck, but I guarantee that you will not be disappointed with the ride of BC racing coilovers. Dont knock it till you try it is all im saying.

No doubt they're on top of their game. But what are the major differences between the PSS10 system and BC racing coilovers? Besides name and cost? Both are monotube, BC's offer 32 levels of dampening, for those who like street use, and for those who like tracks can be happy, vs Bilsteins 10 levels, im not saying more levels of dampening makes them better, but more adjustability for those who like a street ride sometimes, or an in between ride, or a track ride. Both are GREAT quality products as well. But I guess since Bilstein and Moton have baller websites, they win the battle

Just my honest opinions as a driver, not as BG@PF .
No i have not tried the G37 KW's or BC's G37's.. but i have driven on many KW's and i have also driven on Megan suspension(made by BC) and while yes the internal specs may be different from the megan to BC the fact is they are both produced by the same company to close specs. the apple doesnt fall far from the tree and the KW's were better then the megans. as far as the difference between the bilstein to the BC. like you stated more clicks does not mean a better suspension. it sure seems like your trying to argue that the BC's are better then the bilsteins which is you are a true racer you know this is not even close to true. the PSS10's are bilsteins latest evolution of their top of the line suspension system. there is a reason why all the top teams around the world use these systems. what top major teams use BC? none.... ya sure a couple smaller shops do but i dont see any BC's on formula one, nascar, ALMS, LMS and so on cars. the teams that do use them are not using them because of name. they are using them because bilstein has been deveploing the some of the best suspension components for years and years and they just continued that with the PSS10. I wont even bother discusing the motons because there is no point in trying to point out why they are better then BC. i can understand the point of saying BC may be better then some teins or tanabe or others like that. i'm not trying to say they are bad coilovers, i have said throughout this thread that for the money they are great coilovers and best bang for you buck. I under stand not everyone can afford 3k+ suspension systems and for those budget buyers these are perfect for them. but when your trying to argue that they are better or on par with bilstein or moton you no longer sound like a racer you sound like a sales men.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Black Guy

No i have not tried the G37 KW's or BC's G37's.. but i have driven on many KW's and i have also driven on Megan suspension(made by BC) and while yes the internal specs may be different from the megan to BC the fact is they are both produced by the same company to close specs. the apple doesnt fall far from the tree and the KW's were better then the megans. as far as the difference between the bilstein to the BC. like you stated more clicks does not mean a better suspension. it sure seems like your trying to argue that the BC's are better then the bilsteins which is you are a true racer you know this is not even close to true. the PSS10's are bilsteins latest evolution of their top of the line suspension system. there is a reason why all the top teams around the world use these systems. what top major teams use BC? none.... ya sure a couple smaller shops do but i dont see any BC's on formula one, nascar, ALMS, LMS and so on cars. the teams that do use them are not using them because of name. they are using them because bilstein has been deveploing the some of the best suspension components for years and years and they just continued that with the PSS10. I wont even bother discusing the motons because there is no point in trying to point out why they are better then BC. i can understand the point of saying BC may be better then some teins or tanabe or others like that. i'm not trying to say they are bad coilovers, i have said throughout this thread that for the money they are great coilovers and best bang for you buck. I under stand not everyone can afford 3k+ suspension systems and for those budget buyers these are perfect for them. but when your trying to argue that they are better or on par with bilstein or moton you no longer sound like a racer you sound like a sales men.
I never said X is better than X, Im just saying id rather purchase such and such, for such and such reason. But you seem to be stuck on top teams using bilsteins and moton and blah blah. If I give you a million bucks, you're going to put my product on your car and advertise it. Simple. Not discrediting their product, nor am I doubting its ability to perform. But I'm not going to pay 1600++++ for coilovers that perform just as well as 999$ coilovers in my opinion. Everyone has their own opinion. But feel free to state the obvious reasons why X is better than X suspension system. I'd love to learn something new today. And tell me im not a racer, or call me a bad driver, I know what I can do behind the wheel of a car.
Like this bone stock 240sx for instance

or this
or a stock miata on springs

or an rx7 with blown shocks

or a camaro with no sway bars
Old 04-23-2008, 03:28 PM
UNV-IT46

I never said X is better than X, Im just saying id rather purchase such and such, for such and such reason. But you seem to be stuck on top teams using bilsteins and moton and blah blah. If I give you a million bucks, you're going to put my product on your car and advertise it. Simple. Not discrediting their product, nor am I doubting its ability to perform. But I'm not going to pay 1600++++ for coilovers that perform just as well as 999$ coilovers in my opinion. Everyone has their own opinion. But feel free to state the obvious reasons why X is better than X suspension system. I'd love to learn something new today. And tell me im not a racer, or call me a bad driver, I know what I can do behind the wheel of a car.
Like this bone stock 240sx for instance

or this
or a stock miata on springs

or an rx7 with blown shocks

or a camaro with no sway bars
i'm not a drifter not my thing. I am not looking to slide. can i do it sure. but not what i am worried about. I am a track junkie. i am worried about shaving tenths and hundreds of a tenth of my times. what you can do on a stock suspension is great. but when you are talking about pure time around a track we both know drifting is not the fastest way around. so for me i want the best suspension that is going to shave off the most time. i can promise you in fact i am willing to bet any about of money that a driver put in the same car set up the same way one on bilstein's and one on BC's the car with the bilsteins are going to be faster. if all coil overs where created equal and all did the same thing then no one would buy top name ones. they would all buy ground control and be done with it.I know from personally experience that when i switched from teins to bilsteins on my E46 M3 I shaved over a second off my track time because the bilstein is that much better. When i drove my friends E46 M3 which had the same suspension bits i did just using moton coils instead i shaved another half second on my time on sebring. numbers dont lie. i didnt just magically get faster. a car with better suspension is going to go faster around a track.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Black Guy

i'm not a drifter not my thing. I am not looking to slide. can i do it sure. but not what i am worried about. I am a track junkie. i am worried about shaving tenths and hundreds of a tenth of my times. what you can do on a stock suspension is great. but when you are talking about pure time around a track we both know drifting is not the fastest way around. so for me i want the best suspension that is going to shave off the most time. i can promise you in fact i am willing to bet any about of money that a driver put in the same car set up the same way one on bilstein's and one on BC's the car with the bilsteins are going to be faster. if all coil overs where created equal and all did the same thing then no one would buy top name ones. they would all buy ground control and be done with it.I know from personally experience that when i switched from teins to bilsteins on my E46 M3 I shaved over a second off my track time because the bilstein is that much better. When i drove my friends E46 M3 which had the same suspension bits i did just using moton coils instead i shaved another half second on my time on sebring. numbers dont lie. i didnt just magically get faster. a car with better suspension is going to go faster around a track.
I only showed you those pictures just to be sure you werent doubting my driving ability, or if I even actually drive. I started off time attacking/auto xing, before I started drifting. And I understand a car with better suspension will go faster around track. But you're making assumptions on a suspension set up that you've never driven on. I still havent heard what makes X and X better than X, other than the top race teams use them.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:07 AM
chucky

timex-vs- rolex

Guys, let me inject a little old school wisdom 3 pages of post that ends up leaving me with this thought. you're comparing a timex to a rolex! Remember the old commerical. (oop's maybe you guys are to young) a timex theys a lickin and keeps on tickin! A good time piece at a great price. No disrepect to anyone. You are all helping me build a kickin G37. Still mine will be a timex and someone else will have the rolex. I paid for a timex the other person paid for a rolex. I'm very comfortable with my timex.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:26 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
very old school.... ^ lol
Old 04-24-2008, 09:16 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ironman To The Rescue!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Black Guy

Not to mention I watched BC's G35 walk all over Robispecs Evo with KW suspension over the weekend in St Louis. 1:05 vs 1:07. Just throwing that out there.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:46 PM
UNV-IT46

Not to mention I watched BC's G35 walk all over Robispecs Evo with KW suspension over the weekend in St Louis. 1:05 vs 1:07. Just throwing that out there.
compairing apples to oranges you cant compair the time of a 35 to an evo... two different cars. that doesnt really mean anything.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Black Guy

compairing apples to oranges you cant compair the time of a 35 to an evo... two different cars. that doesnt really mean anything.
But its exactly what you're doing. You havent tested either on your car. And im not sure if you've driven any vehicle with BC's on them. Bench racing, if you will. But there is no sense in continuing this, its really going no where. User preference is what it boils down to. I like my set up, you like yours.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Pete's G is sick! He needs to let me drive that biotch.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Black Guy

Originally Posted by Kidcane
Pete's G is sick! He needs to let me drive that biotch.
Haha yea, I still havent ridden it yet. But if im lucky, Ill get to slide it really soon .