Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Help with G37x Sedan No way through Firewall?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 09:33 AM
DrippDroppz
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with G37x Sedan No way through Firewall?

Hey guys, recently I tried putting a PA system in my 2013 Infiniti G37x sedan. I can’t figure out a way to get the wires through the firewall underneath the steering wheel and I need at least 1/2” clearance for the end of the wireconnector to fit through somehow. Does anyone have any ideas where I could fit the wires through?

-Here I have a picture of my hardwired PA Siren and I was able to neatly lay it onthe right side of engine bay in front of the brake fluid reservoir. Now I have the data cord that needs to be put through somewhere so it can get inside the vehicle preferable on the driver side.

-The Second photo (Hopefully they uploaded lol) is underneath my steering wheel. I’ve heard people say try and find a spot where the clutch would be IF it was a manual but I don’t see jack. Someone help me please haha it would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails Help with G37x Sedan No way through Firewall?-d18c82e1-ac67-4c1a-a11e-41683699c926.jpeg   Help with G37x Sedan No way through Firewall?-e0da1a49-51ad-4d4e-958d-2e85c82e7c96.jpeg  
Old 12-15-2018, 10:39 AM
Bostonreefer

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
dont know if you need drivers side but when i wired my amp i went through firewall on pasengar side and it wad a piece of cake. just remove plastic trim pieces around bottom pf windshield behind battery and will se in existing hole/grommet oem where they ran there wires i wad able to get a.4gauge wire through there. good luck
The following users liked this post:
DrippDroppz (05-25-2019)
Old 12-16-2018, 09:12 AM
DrippDroppz
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally had time to do this 😁

Thanks for the response! I’ll try and look at it when I get home from work and get back to ya!

UPDATE: 5/25/19
So, i’m not lazy LOL. It is unbelievably busy with work and school (other priorities) but now since it’s memorial day weekend, I finally had time to do it it did not take me more than an hour to perfect what I needed. Thanks for your help I was able to feed the wire through that harness take out my glove box and find the wire. Most helpful tip I could say to anyone would be to flash flashlight down the hall so you could see where the wires going when you look. Thanks again

Last edited by DrippDroppz; 05-25-2019 at 01:30 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 12-17-2018, 11:04 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
I put a slit in the passenger size bulkhead and ran wires through it into the passenger footwell, then ran them behind the carpet to the drivers side, pretty easy routing IMO.
About halfway down this post I show what I did
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...ml#post3513723
The following users liked this post:
DrippDroppz (05-25-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 12:40 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by DrippDroppz
Thanks for the response! I’ll try and look at it when I get home from work and get back to ya!

UPDATE: 5/25/19
So, i’m not lazy LOL. It is unbelievably busy with work and school (other priorities) but now since it’s memorial day weekend, I finally had time to do it it did not take me more than an hour to perfect what I needed. Thanks for your help I was able to feed the wire through that harness take out my glove box and find the wire. Most helpful tip I could say to anyone would be to flash flashlight down the hall so you could see where the wires going when you look. Thanks again
Any pictures you can post? I will be doing the same thing but I may use the hole near the battery and see how it end up