Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Water dripping on my foot

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 11:07 PM
Nadine Langlois

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water dripping on my foot

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2009 G37 sedan/130k miles. About 3 weeks ago I had to have the command & control module replaced. Today I was driving in flip flops w/ heavy rain & noticed water was dripping down steadily onto my left foot. When I parked the car I looked to see where the source was & it was coming down in the vicinity of the emergency brake. My spouse says the mechanic at the dealership may have forgotten a cover/gasket/seal, etc. I don’t know anything about what replacing the C&C module entailed & if that scenario could be a possibility...is this likely or could something else have ‘gone’ as this is an older car?
Old 10-09-2018, 01:13 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Welcome to the site.

You are most likely suffering from a clogged artery...er, sunroof drain. Could also be the drain grommet in the firewall has hardened and failed. A lower probability cause is the windshield seal.

A lot of G owners have had this problem.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:34 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Nadine Langlois
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2009 G37 sedan/130k miles. About 3 weeks ago I had to have the command & control module replaced. Today I was driving in flip flops w/ heavy rain & noticed water was dripping down steadily onto my left foot. When I parked the car I looked to see where the source was & it was coming down in the vicinity of the emergency brake. My spouse says the mechanic at the dealership may have forgotten a cover/gasket/seal, etc. I don’t know anything about what replacing the C&C module entailed & if that scenario could be a possibility...is this likely or could something else have ‘gone’ as this is an older car?
Many years ago while still in college I had a 1940 Pontiac. One day in very heavy rain I gave a ride to one of my college professors. She complained that water was dripping on her foot on the passenger side.
This problem has been going on for a long time.

Telcoman