Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Switchback LED's w/ DRL, need a relay?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 09:44 AM
gatorglaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Switchback LED's w/ DRL, need a relay?

So i know switchbacks have been mentioned a lot, and i know what I need to do but just to cover all bases: I'm planning on installing my switchbacks and then connecting the positive white LED to an ACC circuit in the car so its always on when the car is on.

Does anyone think a relay is needed for this too and draw power from the battery? I know when I installed HID kits and aftermarket foglights in previous cars I needed a relay installed as well but I'm not so sure about this low power application for just the parking light being always on. Any thoughts?
Old 10-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
I would just to be safe
Old 10-20-2017, 03:25 PM
slotterjordan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gatorglaze
So i know switchbacks have been mentioned a lot, and i know what I need to do but just to cover all bases: I'm planning on installing my switchbacks and then connecting the positive white LED to an ACC circuit in the car so its always on when the car is on.

Does anyone think a relay is needed for this too and draw power from the battery? I know when I installed HID kits and aftermarket foglights in previous cars I needed a relay installed as well but I'm not so sure about this low power application for just the parking light being always on. Any thoughts?
Personally I wouldn't. You're connecting to the ACC.it wouldn't draw power when the car is off .