Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

LED Fogs

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 05:51 PM
NYYanks7823

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LED Fogs

Hi all, bought the iJDMTOY led fogs. On a 2011 G37 sedan, how exactly do you remove the fog light/housing? I know there is one screw to remove and then something about clips, and it should come out through the front of the car. Can someone clarify. Remember, this is a 2011 sedan. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:08 PM
Baby Jumpman
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
If you have the bumper off, remove the screw then use something to push the clips in while you pull from the front. The chrome ring stays but the little faux vents comes off.

Are you just swapping in the led bulbs? Some people have luck just pulling back the fender liner although the washer resovoir gets in the way on the passenger side.

Last edited by Baby Jumpman; 07-23-2015 at 03:31 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:09 PM
35Sport

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by NYYanks7823
Hi all, bought the iJDMTOY led fogs. On a 2011 G37 sedan, how exactly do you remove the fog light/housing? I know there is one screw to remove and then something about clips, and it should come out through the front of the car. Can someone clarify. Remember, this is a 2011 sedan. Thanks.
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G37/Sedan/2011/EXL.pdf

Page 179 has the information you need.

For future reference the entire Factory Service Manual is available online and stickied in the sedan forum at top.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...for-sedan.html

Welcome aboard
Old 07-22-2015, 10:46 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
I have a 2011 g37 sedan and installed my led fogs through the wheel well and underneath the car. Didn't remove bumper or fog light housing
Old 07-23-2015, 08:07 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,575 Likes on 3,426 Posts
Are these the ones you bought?

Nissan Infiniti OEM Fit 18W LED Fog Lights with Angel Eye Halo Rings

I've been on-again, off-again interested in those since I first saw them online. Can you describe the outer lens please? Is it smooth, or sculpted? Does it fit flush with the assembly at the edge, or is there a gap? I'm asking because I like having amber tint on my fogs, and am wondering if that's still feasible with these.

Also, if it were me, I'd pass on the stand-alone halo, and prefer it be wired to go on with the fogs themselves. I'm guessing that's easy enough to accomplish, yes?

Hoping you take pics off the car and on the car.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:26 AM
jroyalty7
Premier Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Are these the ones you bought?

Nissan Infiniti OEM Fit 18W LED Fog Lights with Angel Eye Halo Rings

I've been on-again, off-again interested in those since I first saw them online. Can you describe the outer lens please? Is it smooth, or sculpted? Does it fit flush with the assembly at the edge, or is there a gap? I'm asking because I like having amber tint on my fogs, and am wondering if that's still feasible with these.

Also, if it were me, I'd pass on the stand-alone halo, and prefer it be wired to go on with the fogs themselves. I'm guessing that's easy enough to accomplish, yes?

Hoping you take pics off the car and on the car.
Hey Rochester,
I actually have these installed, its kind of what started me on this unparalleled personal path of modifications I've been on for almost a year now. They're of reasonable quality, the surface is smooth glads, I've had them on for a year in October, and they've held up very nice. They do fit flush for the most part, however I remember one fitting a little loose (it wiggled a small amount) in the plastic fascia so I believe I tucked a piece of folded electrical tape underneath the bottom and it's been fine ever since. The other side fit spot on! I hardwired them in with my fog lights so when you turn on the fogs it is the main high output led (like your regular fogs). Then when you switch the fogs off it is only the halo that lights up (yes the halo is always on then, this is the design of their unit). I went in through the back fender using just rhino ramps, however that was a pain in the a**, but I was to nervous to take the bumper off back then... lol ohhhhhh how things can change in a year. Anyways with the halo I was hoping it would be bright white like the main led, unfortunately it appears more of a bluish tone, but I actually still like it quite a bit. I'll attach a pic, not the greatest, but it's what I have.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (07-23-2015)
Old 07-23-2015, 09:29 AM
jroyalty7
Premier Member

Oh and you will need to buy extra wiring as the wire you see in the pic is all you get, I think I used 22 awg if I'm not mistaken. Any questions I'm glad to help, as you have helped me numerous times already
Attached Thumbnails LED Fogs-20141223_205132.jpg  
Old 07-23-2015, 09:34 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by jroyalty7
Oh and you will need to buy extra wiring as the wire you see in the pic is all you get, I think I used 22 awg if I'm not mistaken. Any questions I'm glad to help, as you have helped me numerous times already
Extra wiring if you want to wire the halos... is that what you mean? Pretty sure I'd just tape them up and ignore the halos. Not a halo guy.

I've had these things on my list for a while, pushed down the line as something to play with someday. I'm holding out for a period where I'm not spent money on the car for a while. (Still waiting... sigh.) If would be great if someone attending the August Sedan Meet-up had these on their car, so I could check them out in person.

Thanks, jroyalty7.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:37 AM
jroyalty7
Premier Member

Op, they have install instructions on their website, not specifically for g37 but I believe I followed the Scion instructions mostly and then referencing a couple of the others I was able to complete the install. There is a single screw holding the housing in, then it will slide right out, just make sure you unclipped everything, the hardest part was holding the clips in to get the faux vent out. And taking off the bumper is highly recommended!
Install Scion FR-S LED Fog Lights Assembly with Halo Angel Eyes
Old 07-23-2015, 09:41 AM
jroyalty7
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Extra wiring if you want to wire the halos... is that what you mean? Pretty sure I'd just tape them up and ignore the halos. Not a halo guy.
Lol, guess I should've figured you wouldn't go for the halos! But yes the extra wiring is strictly for the halos, otherwise they are plug and play. The main led is really nice, very bright! I have not ruled out going to the meet yet the timing is just really bad. Once my classes are over for the summer semester and the baby's here, 7 days , I will try and figure out my scheduling etc...
Old 07-24-2015, 10:29 AM
MILcityBoi

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Rochester: I see you said you have amber tint on your fogs and were eyeing those LED fogs that jroyalty7 has....I am assuming you like the LED/HID brightness but also want the yellow for the fogs so I just wanted to say that I myself just bought some LED fogs but the actual bulbs. http://www.ebay.com/itm/221521624648?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT off of Ebay and man I am impress....The yellow is awesome on here but I removed the tint since I have all white for everything else. Just thought you may want to know. Brightness is spot on, only downside was getting the passenger one to fit in but I got it in there.

The ones I have linked reminded me of the diodedynamics set but for a 1/3 of the cost. Pics don't do justice so I won't even post them. Just giving you a heads up.
The following users liked this post:
jroyalty7 (07-24-2015)
Old 07-24-2015, 10:51 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by MILcityBoi
Rochester: I see you said you have amber tint on your fogs and were eyeing those LED fogs that jroyalty7 has....I am assuming you like the LED/HID brightness but also want the yellow for the fogs
You're close, but not exactly.

The amber tint looks more orange than yellow. And it's not so much the color of the fogs when they're lit that I like (which I do), it's the fact that the lens has that same color when unlit. IMO, it's a really good look on a Moonlight White car. That whole creamsicle thing, LOL.

I want to do this (below) to those LED fogs. Is that feasible given the design of the lens?

It's been three years now since I tinted the lenses, and they're starting to show their age with tiny nicks and bubbles, so I'm thinking it's time to re-do the fogs. You really only see it close-up and if you look for it... but I see it. The point being, new lenses would be nice, a bright-white LED light would be nicer, and seeing that light filtered through an orange window tint even better yet (IMO).

Last edited by Rochester; 07-24-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:24 AM
roshannagin

Lol, guess I should've figured you wouldn't go for the halos! But yes the extra wiring is strictly for the halos, otherwise they are plug and play. The main led is really nice, very bright! I have not ruled out going to the meet yet the timing is just really bad. Once my classes are over for the summer semester and the baby's here, 7 days , I will try and figure out my scheduling etc...
How long did it take to install royalty? I just ordered these too and am gonna have to wing it to install them. I'm going to check out the scion link you posted above though. Without the additional wiring to make the halo's always on, it is a simple plug and play? I may just install and leave it that way for now and then do the halos another time.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:11 PM
jroyalty7
Premier Member

Yeah man without the hard wiring of the fogs it is pretty much plug and play, but honestly if youre going to be in there and plan on doing it in the future you mine as well just get it over with lol. My local radio shack had a spool of the correct size wire and I used waterproof/marine grade butt connectors (yes they really are called butt connectors lol) and electrical tape to connect the new wire with the jdmtoy leds, then I just spliced into the fog wiring and wrapped up real good. It took me a good few hours but that was with trips to home depot and radio shack lol. Like I said above dropping the bumper would make your life a heck of a lot easier or at least take the wheels off if you're going to access the fogs from the wheel well, I did neither and that is another reason it took me longer. Good luck man you'll love it when they're done.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:12 PM
NYYanks7823

Op, they have install instructions on their website, not specifically for g37 but I believe I followed the Scion instructions mostly and then referencing a couple of the others I was able to complete the install. There is a single screw holding the housing in, then it will slide right out, just make sure you unclipped everything, the hardest part was holding the clips in to get the faux vent out. And taking off the bumper is highly recommended!
Install Scion FR-S LED Fog Lights Assembly with Halo Angel Eyes
Thanks everyone for the info. Going through the wheel well, able to access the fogs, I see the one mounting screw, however confused as to how the clips work so I can slide it out forward. Can you explain how many clips (believe it's 4 on non sport), where they are located, and how exactly to disengage them? I am referring to the clips that hold the chrome ring. Sorry for the newbie questions. Thanks!

Last edited by NYYanks7823; 07-24-2015 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Adding on

Quick Reply: LED Fogs