Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

LED v3 Triton Switchbacks + Other LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 06:13 PM
JonMS

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
With the VLEDS up front and their internal resistors, you do not need resistors for the rear turn signal correct?
Old 11-14-2015, 09:00 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by JonMS
With the VLEDS up front and their internal resistors, you do not need resistors for the rear turn signal correct?
Incorrect.

The resistors built into the triton system is only good for the triton bulb system.

Meaning if you have triton up front with the resistors built in and some other type of rear led signals, you will still need to install resistors for the rear.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:52 AM
JonMS

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I've read elsewhere on here that it's 6 ohm per side or 3 ohm per corner from someone with tritons. I'll do more digging. Thanks for the reply
Old 11-22-2015, 02:40 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
LED v3 Triton Switchbacks + Other LEDs

Originally Posted by qmantran
Incorrect.

The resistors built into the triton system is only good for the triton bulb system.

Meaning if you have triton up front with the resistors built in and some other type of rear led signals, you will still need to install resistors for the rear.
That's correct only if you're talking about the 6Ohm resistors, but if you get their V resistors or whatever those sleek black resistors are called in 3Ohm option, you'll only need one pair (2) of them for front snd back together which is what I have, I have them in the back, by my taillights and I'm using them for my sequential taillights specifically turn signals, and they're great with the pigtail connectors, because anytime they go bad(if they do at all?) they can be just swapped out for new ones by unplugging the and plugging new ones in

Originally Posted by JonMS
I've read elsewhere on here that it's 6 ohm per side or 3 ohm per corner from someone with tritons. I'll do more digging. Thanks for the reply
Yes sir, see my reply above It's either 6Ohm per corner or 3Ohm per side
Old 11-22-2015, 09:53 AM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
Can anyone offer tips on where is ost practical to mount the load resistors for the front LED switchback bulbs?

(not Triton specific, but figured wouldn't hurt to ask here)
Old 11-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Mr Nurner

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I've been very pleased with my V3 tritons, super bright and so far very reliable. As far as the resistors, I mounted mine on the inside of the trunk, behind the carpet, on a body "shelf" so to speak, under the tail lights and screwed them to the body so as to absorb some of the heat. Sadly I don't have pictures but its mostly isolated from anything touching it and melting. They are on either side of the car on the rear, not on the side quarters.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:26 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Can anyone offer tips on where is ost practical to mount the load resistors for the front LED switchback bulbs?

(not Triton specific, but figured wouldn't hurt to ask here)

A clean flat, metal surface in the engine bay.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:54 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mr Nurner
I've been very pleased with my V3 tritons, super bright and so far very reliable. As far as the resistors, I mounted mine on the inside of the trunk, behind the carpet, on a body "shelf" so to speak, under the tail lights and screwed them to the body so as to absorb some of the heat. Sadly I don't have pictures but its mostly isolated from anything touching it and melting. They are on either side of the car on the rear, not on the side quarters.
I think you misread his post. He was asking for the front signals not the rears lol

I have tritons and they have a built in resistor. I mounted the control box kind of near the air filters on the metal frame of the car
Old 11-23-2015, 03:53 PM
Mr Nurner

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by qmantran
I think you misread his post. He was asking for the front signals not the rears lol

I have tritons and they have a built in resistor. I mounted the control box kind of near the air filters on the metal frame of the car
I may have mis read, but The front and rear signals are on the same circuit so as long as there is one resistor per side installed in either the front or the rear, LEDs in both front and rear will function properly. Unless you buy the additional in line resistor the only resistors needed are one per side tapped into the front OR back. Hope this helps. I should note that this applies when you have leds in the front AND back as I do.. As, if there is still a filament bulb in the rear you may not need a resistor at all.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:34 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mr Nurner
I may have mis read, but The front and rear signals are on the same circuit so as long as there is one resistor per side installed in either the front or the rear, LEDs in both front and rear will function properly. Unless you buy the additional in line resistor the only resistors needed are one per side tapped into the front OR back. Hope this helps. I should note that this applies when you have leds in the front AND back as I do.. As, if there is still a filament bulb in the rear you may not need a resistor at all.
You're absolutely right lol
Old 11-23-2015, 05:03 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
I went with these for switchbacks and they are very close to the CBIs. There is also a sale going on:

High Power 1157 3157 7443 Switchback LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs

I got these for the rear turns. I was on the fence with the tail-as-turn, decided to just change to LED. It's more 'me' I guess. Sorta middle-of-the road. I'll have to turn in my light-geek membership card. (sorry Mike, after all your help and everything)

15-SMD-5730 LED Bulbs For Turn Signal, DRL, Backup, Tail Lights

I don't have any pictures as of yet...

Sean
Old 11-23-2015, 07:57 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VIVID
I went with these for switchbacks and they are very close to the CBIs. There is also a sale going on:

High Power 1157 3157 7443 Switchback LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs

I got these for the rear turns. I was on the fence with the tail-as-turn, decided to just change to LED. It's more 'me' I guess. Sorta middle-of-the road. I'll have to turn in my light-geek membership card. (sorry Mike, after all your help and everything)

15-SMD-5730 LED Bulbs For Turn Signal, DRL, Backup, Tail Lights

I don't have any pictures as of yet...

Sean
Please get some pictures and videos of your front switchbacks. I've heard nothing but negative things about the quality of ijdmtoy products (LEDs and relay harnesses) from Acurazine which is my forum for my 08 TL.

I had their relay harness for use with LED DRL bulbs and the harness failed within weeks.

Many other bought their DRL plug-n-play kit which includes bulbs and harness for the 07-08 TL and everyone had negative things to say.

Because of my experience and others from Acurazine I have been trying to stay away from everything with ijdmtoy written on it.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:05 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
I will definitely do that. I'm probably going to install some LED fogs this weekend and I'll get some visuals of the whole set-up.

Also, I will say, I've only had the switch-backs in for a couple of weeks, so it's probably too early to give any feedback on quality. Just visuals.

Sean
Old 05-31-2016, 08:38 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
^any chance you got around to this?

Finally bought a set of front V3 switchbacks. Any tips or tricks for install? Which washer did you guys use? How about dialing the bulb adjustment?

Is the consensus that engine bay is best access point? Looks like air boxes are easy enough to remove.

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2016, 10:32 AM
Furlow

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
^any chance you got around to this?

Finally bought a set of front V3 switchbacks. Any tips or tricks for install? Which washer did you guys use? How about dialing the bulb adjustment?

Is the consensus that engine bay is best access point? Looks like air boxes are easy enough to remove.

Thanks!
Did you install these? Curious what color you purchased and if you have any pictures?

I'm going to try these, but confused about 5000k or 6000k. I have the DD 5000k HID fog lights, and I ordered the 5000k DD headlight and city light bulbs. I'd like the color to match and from the OP's post, it sounds like 6000k is the answer.

Also wondering if for the sedan, do I need the standard or "CK" base?

Quick Reply: LED v3 Triton Switchbacks + Other LEDs