Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Help Sedan - rear bumper options

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Jethro
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Sedan - rear bumper options

So are there any good replacements for sedans for the rear bumper? My car has had some clear coat bubbling issues on the rear bumper, so I was going to replace it anyway. Figured now would be the time if I would go with something else.

I have seen several rear apron style bits, such as Tommy Kaira (ugly and expensive) Impul (kinda chunky looking and expensive) or Wald.

Also have seen one of the Autokits X kit (which looked rice-tastic). And Kenstyle makes some rear spats. And there is always Access Evolution.

I may just end up with a new rear OEM bumper, but figured I ask if anyone knew of anything else that is out there?
Old 10-31-2014, 01:37 PM
lippstuh

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I have something in the works, but won't be ready for production until early next year. still figuring out design so it may take a while.
The following 2 users liked this post by lippstuh:
Jethro (11-01-2014), Kuro (11-02-2014)
Old 11-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Jethro
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Thanks for the response. Sounds pretty interesting. Would love to hear what you are thinking of getting made. My car is really an OEM plus sort of style right now, so something crazy or real aggressive may not be a direction I would ideally want to go. But the more options the better...
Old 11-03-2014, 03:28 PM
lippstuh

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Not sure yet. Still doing mockups.

I'm a bit torn on what to produce; either a rear lip/diffuser or a complete bumper replacement.

A complete bumper replacement is a big investment and a more involved mod in a sense. You're looking to spend upwards of ~$850 for purchase + paint.

A rear lip will be cheaper and you won't have another part sitting in your garage. Of course, there's an extra line that takes away from the clean look and the design is limited. If we take this route, I think it is important that the rear lip looks good as a bolt on and molded into the stock bumper.

I'm working with the shop to decide what is produced, but this will come after the front bumper project. Whatever we decide, my goal is to bring hard, straight and clean lines to the G sedan. I think the rear diffuser is too curved and takes away from the sportiness and classiness of the sedan.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:17 PM
R37sedan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am leaning towards the rear end that can be found at Conceptzperformance.com. Mainly because I am interested in a diffuser that doesnt cause any weird protrosions like autokitx because it's not just a diffuser, it's a full rear end wrap around with a diffuser in the middle. I was originally planning on going with wald international's black Bisson rear end but my exhaust system won't work with it either, but Access Evolution makes the most widely copied versions especially the "before M/C" version on their website. But in the end VIS and carid.com have the largest collection of body options, though none I really like myself.