Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Ceramic Window Tint?? Who's Got It??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 01:22 PM
The Pope
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Goonz
yea but isn't that illegal in your states? I know it is here in the Northeast.
Yes, it's illegal in N.C., but to my point, the person doing the inspection would need to "know" it was there, as it's so clear, it's very hard to notice.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:32 PM
hobbs
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by The Pope
For anyone interested in fully tenting their front windshield, ask for "Blue 80". I've seen this being installed and if I hadn't I wouldn't have know that it was there! It does a very good job of blocking UV and Heat.
That is what is on my side windows and you cannot tell they have a film AND it really blocks the heat.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:41 AM
PandaX
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Should I consider to put tint on my car? I mean I live in NY, and the law here is at least 70% lighting goes in for front and back. I want to go lower but don't want to deal with cop. It definitely looks like with tint on though.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:36 PM
KungFooFireman
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Finally got my tint done and went with Formula 1 Pinnacle series ceramic tint. Looks great and I can feel a big difference in the heat. Lifetime warranty too.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:06 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Just had mine done with the Formula 1 Comfort series. Only been 3 days but looks good so far. Only thing I'll say is, I got 20% and I can't really see a huge difference between that and 35% for those of you going back and forth between the two. The only time I'd say it makes a difference is beyond 60 ft. closer than that the difference isn't huge in terms of darkness.

The comfort series is a 40% claimed heat reduction where I believe the Pinnacle is 60%? Comfort is a dyed application where like kirk mentioned above, the Pinnacle is ceramic. I can definitely notice a difference with the heat reduction of this tint compared to the standard I had on my Mazda. Car is always cool and we've seen 65+ here the past three days.
Paid $280 for mine due to a misquote but they honored the quote. Otherwise you're looking at $320. Lifetime warranty on any product kind of negates the longevity since you can always have it replaced; so standard dyed applications vs. ceramic doesn't really come into play here. It's mainly a heat reduction comparison and with the bubbling our cars are prone to, a heat reduction application is a no brainer.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:27 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by enewkirk1
Finally got my tint done and went with Formula 1 Pinnacle series ceramic tint. Looks great and I can feel a big difference in the heat. Lifetime warranty too.
I started using this tint since my last coupe after using Suntek for all my previous cars. I love the look of the Pinnacle, it looks darker than it is and just looks clean.
The following users liked this post:
KungFooFireman (03-25-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 09:54 PM
KungFooFireman
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB5190
The comfort series is a 40% claimed heat reduction where I believe the Pinnacle is 60%? Comfort is a dyed application where like kirk mentioned above, the Pinnacle is ceramic. I can definitely notice a difference with the heat reduction of this tint compared to the standard I had on my Mazda.
Yeah, I had NO tint so anything would have been an improvement.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:46 AM
SheLLz
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
For the ones with their front windshield tinted in a state where they have inspections, I'm imagining the inspection sticker on top of the film and the inspector using a blade to scrape it off to replace it. Wouldn't that mess the film up? One time I mentioned doing the front windshield ceramic to my tint guy and he said he could do a strip but not the whole glass.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:37 PM
The Pope
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by SheLLz
For the ones with their front windshield tinted in a state where they have inspections, I'm imagining the inspection sticker on top of the film and the inspector using a blade to scrape it off to replace it. Wouldn't that mess the film up? One time I mentioned doing the front windshield ceramic to my tint guy and he said he could do a strip but not the whole glass.
No window sticker for inspection in my state (N.C.). It's all part of the Property Tax & Plate renewal process. If you haven't had the car inspected within a couple of months of trying to renew your tag, it will not let you do the renewal.

And yes, if you're in a state that still has the inspection sticker on the windshield, the process of removing the old inspection sticker and installing a new one will damage the film.

And another point, if you do have the front windshield fully tinted and if you like getting your car washed by someone else or at a car wash business, you would need to tell them to not use a blade on the inside of the windshield during the cleaning process for the same reason listed above.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:37 PM
MoonLight_Lily
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Definitely worth the extra expense. Had the regular dyed tint previously and then changed to ceramic and the difference is almost palpable, especially in the TX heat.

Also had the windshield tinted with 70% ceramic and one of the biggest difference came from this alone. Here we are required to have a sticker for vehicle registration and this is what we ended up doing as a work around after having the windshield tinted.

https://www.amazon.com/DMV-Clip-Windshield-Muni-meter-Parking/dp/B00KC5BRXC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1493840140&sr=8-2&keywords=dmv+holder https://www.amazon.com/DMV-Clip-Windshield-Muni-meter-Parking/dp/B00KC5BRXC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1493840140&sr=8-2&keywords=dmv+holder

Hope this helps.