Window Tinting G37 Sedan - Page 3 - MyG37

Go Back  MyG37 > Tech Area > Body Interior Exterior Lighting
Reload this Page >

Window Tinting G37 Sedan

Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Tinting G37 Sedan

Closed Thread

 
 
 
Old 03-18-2014, 05:39 PM
  #31  
jsheets
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 114
Thanked 36 Times in 18 Posts
I ended up going 18% ceramic tint, paid $300 for a lifetime warranty. Very glad I went with the darker tint. Here is a crappy cell pic of the before/after.

jsheets is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 06:00 PM
  #32  
sniper27
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: S. Cal
Posts: 2,827
Thanked 71 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov View Post
All those hazards you listed are valid, and in a way make my point, i.e., that too many drivers don’t give a rip about driving laws because they lack a basic willingness to follow our laws. After all, having a “cool” looking car is much more important as long as they feel that “I can see just fine at night”. It’s a mindset, perhaps more common on this site, that cannot be solved so easily.

I would certainly like to see some data on illegal tint causing night accidents and killing people. I guess we’ll have to wait on that, but all I can say is that other automobile safety requirements, like TPMS and seat belts, ARE based on actual highway deaths.
Driving in the rain or any kind of inclement weather is more dangerous than driving with tinted windows. I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the population (.1% being you) will agree with me that we can see out our tinted windows with no issues, while not being able to see pass 50ft in a severe rain storm, yet it isn't illegal. Do you consider everyone driving in the rain endangering your life? Do you drive in the rain? Do you drive with both hands on 10 and 2 100% of the time? Do you drive within the speed limit 100% of the time? Driving is a hazard. Tints have nothing to do with looking cool. It keeps the car cooler and block harmful UV rays from the sun, hence states like NM, AZ, or NV have less strict tint laws. Not because those states don't care about human life. Maybe because the lack of data that proves fatalities linked to tints is the reason? What if a person has a skin allergy/disorder and is prescribed by the Dr to have tints? Is he breaking the law and have no care for human life? Perhaps your eyes are in no condition to drive with tints. I don't know. But don't assume we all can't see out of ours.
sniper27 is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 07:35 PM
  #33  
Chekov
Senior Citizen
 
Chekov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,988
Thanked 86 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27 View Post
Driving in the rain or any kind of inclement weather is more dangerous than driving with tinted windows. I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the population (.1% being you) will agree with me that we can see out our tinted windows with no issues, while not being able to see pass 50ft in a severe rain storm, yet it isn't illegal. Do you consider everyone driving in the rain endangering your life? Do you drive in the rain? Do you drive with both hands on 10 and 2 100% of the time? Do you drive within the speed limit 100% of the time? Driving is a hazard. Tints have nothing to do with looking cool. It keeps the car cooler and block harmful UV rays from the sun, hence states like NM, AZ, or NV have less strict tint laws. Not because those states don't care about human life. Maybe because the lack of data that proves fatalities linked to tints is the reason? What if a person has a skin allergy/disorder and is prescribed by the Dr to have tints? Is he breaking the law and have no care for human life? Perhaps your eyes are in no condition to drive with tints. I don't know. But don't assume we all can't see out of ours.
Pointing out other driving hazards (e.g., rain) to justify your own self-generated hazards such as illegal tints is a false argument, slick but without merit. Certainly there are more road accidents in the rain than on dry days. But that doesnít mean we should stop driving on rainy days. All we must do is take the necessary measures to drive safely in the rain. Again, you make a clever but silly argument.

But to play in your ballpark, the current population in the U.S. is around 320 million, and that if I am .1% as you say, thatís 320,000 people who believe that illegally tinted windows restricts visibility at night and is inherently dangerous. Iíll stick with that group.

And BTW anyone who has a skin or visual disorder can get a doctorís note (at least in California) that allows for certain tints. Of course, the legislators were not easily fooled so they wrote the law to include that such tints must be removed for night driving.
Chekov is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 11:23 PM
  #34  
STownSaint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington VA
Posts: 1,287
Thanked 163 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov View Post
I agree with you regarding New Mexicoís generous tint law. If I lived there I would be petitioning my state legislators to stiffen the law somewhat, perhaps going to 70% on the side windows, which is more common among the other states.
STownSaint is offline  
Old 03-19-2014, 12:03 AM
  #35  
blnewt
Administr8r&DIY cheapsk8
iTrader: (12)
 
blnewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 24,405
Thanked 4,703 Times in 4,006 Posts
Living in New Mexico I see no real reason to live here other than the generous tint laws, 1/2 the state should only be seen through heavy tinting, trust me
blnewt is offline  
Old 03-19-2014, 01:12 PM
  #36  
sniper27
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: S. Cal
Posts: 2,827
Thanked 71 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov View Post
Pointing out other driving hazards (e.g., rain) to justify your own self-generated hazards such as illegal tints is a false argument, slick but without merit. Certainly there are more road accidents in the rain than on dry days. But that doesnít mean we should stop driving on rainy days. All we must do is take the necessary measures to drive safely in the rain. Again, you make a clever but silly argument.

But to play in your ballpark, the current population in the U.S. is around 320 million, and that if I am .1% as you say, thatís 320,000 people who believe that illegally tinted windows restricts visibility at night and is inherently dangerous. Iíll stick with that group.

And BTW anyone who has a skin or visual disorder can get a doctorís note (at least in California) that allows for certain tints. Of course, the legislators were not easily fooled so they wrote the law to include that such tints must be removed for night driving.
You didn't answer my questions. Do you drive with both hands on 10 and 2 100% of the time? Do you drive within the speed limit 100% of the time? Do you follow the 2 second rule 100% of the time? Do you follow the sign that says 25mph on a curved on or off ramp 100% of the time? Do you ever do anything that is unlawful and is considered dangerous by the law? If you can look in the mirror and honestly say NO, then your face should be on the wall of every DMV in CA. If you can't, then your relentless pursuit to make yourself look like a model tint law abiding citizen is only making you silly and without merit.
sniper27 is offline  
Old 03-19-2014, 01:47 PM
  #37  
connoisseurr
Premier Member
iTrader: (5)
 
connoisseurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: DMV
Posts: 1,374
Thanked 179 Times in 127 Posts
Guys this is no forum to be getting into a pissing match with eachother. Take it to PM
connoisseurr is offline  
Old 03-19-2014, 02:02 PM
  #38  
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater
iTrader: (8)
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 13,842
Thanked 2,683 Times in 2,091 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr View Post
Guys this is no forum to be getting into a pissing match with eachother. Take it to PM
Some people can't help themselves.

Chekov, go back and read the original post and see how well your comments contribute to Jon.jordan1996's questions. Looks to me that your very first sentence was the only thing actually on-topic and helpful. Everything else is just rude, trolling BS.

With all due respect, GTFO.
Rochester is online now  
Old 03-19-2014, 02:07 PM
  #39  
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater
iTrader: (8)
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 13,842
Thanked 2,683 Times in 2,091 Posts
OP, my car came tinted from the previous owner. It's a very dark 3M tint, and I don't know the percentage, even though I'm sure it's not legal here in NY. However, he only tinted the two back-door windows and the rear. I suspect that's why I can get away with it, but I really don't know.

I'm bringing this up as an example of an alternative approach. Some people really don't like the look, thinking it's an unbalanced or unfinished approach to tint. Personally, I like how it's unique and kind of VIP. Here's a picture.

Rochester is online now  
Old 03-19-2014, 02:41 PM
  #40  
Chekov
Senior Citizen
 
Chekov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,988
Thanked 86 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27 View Post
You didn't answer my questions. Do you drive with both hands on 10 and 2 100% of the time? Do you drive within the speed limit 100% of the time? Do you follow the 2 second rule 100% of the time? Do you follow the sign that says 25mph on a curved on or off ramp 100% of the time? Do you ever do anything that is unlawful and is considered dangerous by the law? If you can look in the mirror and honestly say NO, then your face should be on the wall of every DMV in CA. If you can't, then your relentless pursuit to make yourself look like a model tint law abiding citizen is only making you silly and without merit.
I didnít answer your questions because theyíre designed to either paint a picture of me as some complete nut job or to play gotcha if I were to admit not following all those rules 100% of the time. Your questions were just another attempt to change the subject by pointing out other bad behavior to somehow justify the dangers of illegal tint. You sound like a lawyer to me.
Chekov is offline  
Old 03-19-2014, 03:06 PM
  #41  
blnewt
Administr8r&DIY cheapsk8
iTrader: (12)
 
blnewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 24,405
Thanked 4,703 Times in 4,006 Posts
It seems the thread has run its' course, thanks for playing
blnewt is offline  
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
OBG37
G37 Sedan
17
11-07-2018 05:19 PM
superjoey
D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications
25
10-16-2018 01:38 PM
G37xhibeet
Build Threads
41
11-15-2016 10:29 AM
ericmadGRR
G's FS
3
04-26-2016 02:27 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Window Tinting G37 Sedan


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.