Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Need exterior suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 01:30 AM
Armeng37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need exterior suggestions

So I have a couple ideas haven't done anything on my g37 yet. So I have a white g sedan 2013, and I wanna vinyl wrap the roof gloss black, and wheels black the grill black and the spoiler trunk black, any other suggestions? And will the vinyl wrap match the car?
Old 11-12-2013, 12:36 PM
kaashia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've thought of doing that to my roof as well. But then I wonder about the vinyl getting nicks in it from a random rock. It would be nice if someone that's done it before could post pics
Old 11-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Envee
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@kaashia:
i don't know what a rock would be doing flying that high into the air (unless you're sniffing a semi's *** lol -- in which case i dont recommend you follow so closely) but i'd rather the vinyl get nicked/scratched over my paint wouldn't you agree?

@armeng37:
If its chrome, make it gloss black (grille and front + rear emblems). Vinyl wrapping your roof gloss black would look awesome. I would definitely powder coat your rims gloss black to match. If the rear spoiler/trunk lip is chrome, paint it black too. If its white, leave it alone. I would also highly recommend you tint your tail lights to tie everything in. Tinted tails look so much better on a white G37 then the stock red lenses. Lastly, you can debadge your trunk (infiniti/g37 lettering--leave the emblem). I personally like the cleaner look; but its whatever you prefer.

Take a look at these photos for reference:

Roof:
Name:  DSC_1844.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  127.3 KB

Tinted tails + debadged:
Name:  IMG_7777.jpg
Views: 2067
Size:  103.1 KB

That's what I'd do anyway. If you're on a budget, use Plastidip. A proper paint job will always look cleaner though. And don't get someone to tint your tail lights; its super easy. Remove your taillights, wet sand with 1500 grit followed by 2000 grit sandpaper. Paint with VHT Nite Shades, throw on 3 coats of clear, SLOWLY polish and wax with orbital buffer, kick back, drink a beer and admire the sexyness.

Staying consistent is key. As a rule of thumb, try not to mix too many colours imho. If you take a look at the first picture, notice the owner has went with white/black/silver/chrome; it looks too busy. If you're going to go white/black/chrome; do it carefully

Have fun!
-B

Last edited by Envee; 11-12-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:06 PM
dkmesa350z
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
I suggest you do what you think will look good. Does that help?

My personal opinion is that the gloss black roof and grill look sweet. Wheels will be tough to vinyl wrap and I am not a fan of black stock wheels.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Envee
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dkmesa350z
I suggest you do what you think will look good. Does that help?

My personal opinion is that the gloss black roof and grill look sweet. Wheels will be tough to vinyl wrap and I am not a fan of black stock wheels.
Woah there Mesa, don't empower the people too much or you end up with **** like this lol:

Need exterior suggestions-jas1qen.jpg

But really though, as Mesa said, do what you like. Your car is an outward expression of yourself.