MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Body Interior Exterior Lighting (https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-interior-exterior-lighting-314/)
-   -   Need exterior suggestions (https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-interior-exterior-lighting/252175-need-exterior-suggestions.html)

Armeng37 10-25-2013 01:30 AM

Need exterior suggestions

So I have a couple ideas haven't done anything on my g37 yet. So I have a white g sedan 2013, and I wanna vinyl wrap the roof gloss black, and wheels black the grill black and the spoiler trunk black, any other suggestions? And will the vinyl wrap match the car?

kaashia 11-12-2013 12:36 PM

I've thought of doing that to my roof as well. But then I wonder about the vinyl getting nicks in it from a random rock. It would be nice if someone that's done it before could post pics :)

Envee 11-12-2013 01:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
@kaashia:
i don't know what a rock would be doing flying that high into the air (unless you're sniffing a semi's *** lol -- in which case i dont recommend you follow so closely) but i'd rather the vinyl get nicked/scratched over my paint wouldn't you agree?

@armeng37:
If its chrome, make it gloss black (grille and front + rear emblems). Vinyl wrapping your roof gloss black would look awesome. I would definitely powder coat your rims gloss black to match. If the rear spoiler/trunk lip is chrome, paint it black too. If its white, leave it alone. I would also highly recommend you tint your tail lights to tie everything in. Tinted tails look so much better on a white G37 then the stock red lenses. Lastly, you can debadge your trunk (infiniti/g37 lettering--leave the emblem). I personally like the cleaner look; but its whatever you prefer.

Take a look at these photos for reference:

Roof:
Attachment 149900

Tinted tails + debadged:
Attachment 149901

That's what I'd do anyway. If you're on a budget, use Plastidip. A proper paint job will always look cleaner though. And don't get someone to tint your tail lights; its super easy. Remove your taillights, wet sand with 1500 grit followed by 2000 grit sandpaper. Paint with VHT Nite Shades, throw on 3 coats of clear, SLOWLY polish and wax with orbital buffer, kick back, drink a beer and admire the sexyness.

Staying consistent is key. As a rule of thumb, try not to mix too many colours imho. If you take a look at the first picture, notice the owner has went with white/black/silver/chrome; it looks too busy. If you're going to go white/black/chrome; do it carefully :)

Have fun!
-B

dkmesa350z 11-12-2013 02:06 PM

I suggest you do what you think will look good. Does that help?

My personal opinion is that the gloss black roof and grill look sweet. Wheels will be tough to vinyl wrap and I am not a fan of black stock wheels.

Envee 11-12-2013 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dkmesa350z (Post 3700375)
I suggest you do what you think will look good. Does that help?

My personal opinion is that the gloss black roof and grill look sweet. Wheels will be tough to vinyl wrap and I am not a fan of black stock wheels.

Woah there Mesa, don't empower the people too much or you end up with **** like this lol:

Attachment 189363

But really though, as Mesa said, do what you like. Your car is an outward expression of yourself.