Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Red v3 triton led blinkers

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 02:21 AM
infinitieva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red v3 triton led blinkers

I'm looking to buy this kit for $100 for a 2012 S sedan and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this system, doesn't seem to be simple plug and play and I'm curious about the brightness (possibly too bright). Any info would be appreciated.

RED V3 TRITON LED SYSTEM | 1 PAIR
Old 08-07-2013, 12:38 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
I have not experienced any LED being too bright. It's usually the other way, so the brighter the better. You can choose the adaptor for your harness type (in this case, 7443/7440). The only thing I worry about is the bulb itself fitting in our housing. The base of the bulb doesn't seem like it would fit or lock into your housing.

For $100, I recommend you contact this guy and get the conversion kit.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...led-rings.html
Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 PM
infinitieva

I also felt like it wouldn't lock into the housing. That guy that changed his to led are his brake lights also, I'm looking to keep brakes and turn signal separate (OEM). So the turn signal is within the center outer most brake light LED so that is where this LED bulb will go. I think ill just be the guinea pig and try it out, ill post pics of the process and result if I can get it to work.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:40 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
I've tried many LED bulbs in the OEM spot. To be honest, I think it is a bad design. No matter how bright the bulb is, I find that the blinker is hard to see when the brake lights are on. During the day, it is even more difficult. The problem with LED bulbs is most of them are not as bright as stock. But let us know how it goes...maybe these are bright enough.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (09-20-2014)
Old 08-07-2013, 01:55 PM
infinitieva

I just got off the phone with them, I placed my order. They ensured me that these are brighter than OEM in the day and night. He gave me a small "special" discount for pretty much being the first to try these out for a G37 (odd as that sounds). He said he would be willing to provide the forum with a discount code assuming my install/operation of the LED blinkers went as planned. Ill be sure to take lots of pics/video.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:42 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Dude!! they are super bright! I have them and they will hurt your eyes at night they are so bright!
Old 08-07-2013, 06:13 PM
infinitieva

I don't suppose you have a YouTube video of them?
Old 08-08-2013, 02:53 AM
blondesamurai
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have these, well I have the switchbacks in the front and the ambers in the rear(planning a jdm swap). They are pretty damn bright. I think they look brighter than stock. It is plug and play, biggest issue is using their machine screws to mimic your socket nubs. Then trying to adjust the focal point for max brightness. But I'm very happy with my bulbs. I have the 1st gens, got them when they first came out, had them in since. Zero issues.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:40 AM
rpkg37xs
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i also have the 6k switckbacks 2nd gen but they blew my parking light fuse within a couple of days of install yes they are plug and play so i don't know what the problem was i emailed them but no haven't heard back so i removed them and looking to sell them also the control modules get very hot.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:33 PM
infinitieva

Originally Posted by blondesamurai
I have these, well I have the switchbacks in the front and the ambers in the rear(planning a jdm swap). They are pretty damn bright. I think they look brighter than stock. It is plug and play, biggest issue is using their machine screws to mimic your socket nubs. Then trying to adjust the focal point for max brightness. But I'm very happy with my bulbs. I have the 1st gens, got them when they first came out, had them in since. Zero issues.
Good to know the quality is there, I think LED signals just look good, something all luxury/sport cars should have, its a real shame infiniti didn't implement them from the start. If the rear blinks turn out well ill snag the front amber bulbs for sure. I hope there is room in the back for that control module.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Dungy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im gunna have to get some!
Old 08-10-2013, 07:50 PM
infinitieva

So I just got my car back, install complete. They look OEM. They are bright but nothing like a police car's LED flashers so it's not awkwardly bright. The install is so freaking easy after inspecting the work my audio shop did im a little upset I was charged half an hours work ($30 lol) for something I could have actually done myself!

All I can really say is they look perfectly OEM, something the car should have been sold with.

VLEDs gave me 10% off these with coupon code "10off813" The sales rep did say I should contact him for an exclusive forum promo code if my install went well.

Total spent on the bulbs was $92.97 USD after 10% off. I am confident that they will give us a 15-20% off promo code, I will be buying the front LED amber blinkers next.

I will try to upload some pictures and a video to youtube within a few days, all I have is my HTC one camera and its not the best pic/vid quality.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:24 PM
wowwed
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Which fronts do you plan on buying? The amber switchback or just plain white? I'm planning to do the amber switchback and the guy said depends on the filament. We need to have a dual filament for the white to be activated if not we need to run a wire from the parking light to have the white lit up. Can't wait to see which one you buy and read your reviews.