Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Fog Lamp Conversion Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Superteeth

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Fog Lamp Conversion Kit?

Hello everyone. I am currently in the process of purchasing an aero/IPL bumper for my 2012 G37S Coupe. However, when I asked Sewell Infiniti if I would need any additional components to swap the bumper, they stated that I would need a fog lamp conversion kit. I have searched on the internet for pictures of this fog lamp conversion kit, but came up with nothing.

Sewell Infiniti said that they did not know what the conversion kit was, and asking Infiniti did not get them much information either. All that they know is that it is stated to be required for 2011+ models.

However, as far as I can tell from pictures, the fog lights for the IPL are the same as the ones for all the other coupes. The car I have came with fog lights in the exact same place as the ones for the IPL. Reading posts by others about installing the aero bumper tell me nothing about whether or not they came across a situation where they needed a fog lamp conversion kit for their 2011+ model coupe. It seemed that everyone simply swapped the bumper.

The question is this: What exactly is the fog lamp conversion kit, why would it be needed for the 2011+ models (which already have fog lights), and will I actually need it for the aero/IPL bumper swap? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Kevalteam

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts
I don't think you need anything else if you already have the fog lights in your current one. just swap bumper and plug and play. Usually 2008 G37 needs a slim washer tank, fog light assembly left and right and pig tail to make th fog lights work. in your case I think they don't know what they are talking about.....
Old 02-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Superteeth

Originally Posted by Kevalteam
I don't think you need anything else if you already have the fog lights in your current one. just swap bumper and plug and play. Usually 2008 G37 needs a slim washer tank, fog light assembly left and right and pig tail to make th fog lights work. in your case I think they don't know what they are talking about.....
Thanks for the response. Do you have any idea what it could be? Because it is only $113 online, it cannot be the actual fog light assembly. For some reason, no one seems to know exactly what it is or what it is used for, and I am still not sure if I will need it. Can someone who has a 2011+ model G37 Coupe who did an aero bumper swap chime in on this?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Kevalteam

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts
you have a pic or link or part number? t see what they are talking about?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Superteeth

Originally Posted by Kevalteam
you have a pic or link or part number? t see what they are talking about?
Yes. The part number is B61E5-GCOUPE. However, this will get you nothing, as there are no actual pictures of the part (that I have found, anyways). The pictures associated with the part number on the parts website are pictures of the car with the aero kit.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:22 PM
slawek65
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2011 coupe, I just did swap. You don't needed nothing. Just swap fogs from OEM bumper to IPL bumper and You are done.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Superteeth

Originally Posted by slawek65
2011 coupe, I just did swap. You don't needed nothing. Just swap fogs from OEM bumper to IPL bumper and You are done.
So did you have to remove the fog lamps at all, or did you just remove the old bumper and put on the aero/IPL bumper? I am guessing that the fog lamp assembly stays in place after you remove the bumper (or do the fog lights come out with the bezel in the bumper)? By the way, I now have a picture from Sewell of the fog lamp conversion kit. I will not purchase it unless I find that I need it somehow. Thanks, slawek65. By the way, could you put up an up-close picture of the lower part of your aero bumper on the car so I can see if I would need the kit?

Also, could anyone who purchased the aero bumper from a dealership (either online or in person) tell me whether or not the bumper came with the fog lamp bezel (the faux vent areas around the fog lamp and the faux vent area in between the fog lamps)? Basically, I want to know if the fog lamp conversion kit pieces that I posted a picture of were already in the bumper when you purchased it (along with the middle vent area). Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Fog Lamp Conversion Kit?-image001.jpg   Fog Lamp Conversion Kit?-image002.jpg  

Last edited by Superteeth; 03-01-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:05 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Superteeth
So did you have to remove the fog lamps at all, or did you just remove the old bumper and put on the aero/IPL bumper? I am guessing that the fog lamp assembly stays in place after you remove the bumper (or do the fog lights come out with the bezel in the bumper)? By the way, I now have a picture from Sewell of the fog lamp conversion kit. I will not purchase it unless I find that I need it somehow. Thanks, slawek65. By the way, could you put up an up-close picture of the lower part of your aero bumper on the car so I can see if I would need the kit?

Also, could anyone who purchased the aero bumper from a dealership (either online or in person) tell me whether or not the bumper came with the fog lamp bezel (the faux vent areas around the fog lamp and the faux vent area in between the fog lamps)? Basically, I want to know if the fog lamp conversion kit pieces that I posted a picture of were already in the bumper when you purchased it (along with the middle vent area). Thanks in advance.
Remove your bumper, remove your fog lamps from your bumper, remove upper grill from your bumper.
Install upper grille, and fogs in your new bumper, install bumper.

Thats it.

Stop asking about the conversion kit, you don't need it.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:40 PM
slawek65
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Remove your bumper, remove your fog lamps from your bumper, remove upper grill from your bumper.

Thats it.

+1 NO CONVERSION KIT !!!! ONE MORE TIME. 1- remove old bumper, fog lights and upper grill from old bumper 2 - install fog lights and upper grille on new bumper 3 - install new bumper 3 - YOU ARE DONE !!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
TwoThree (05-02-2014)
Old 03-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Superteeth

Originally Posted by TVPostSound

Thats it.

Originally Posted by slawek65
+1 NO CONVERSION KIT !!!! ONE MORE TIME. 1- remove old bumper, fog lights and upper grill from old bumper 2 - install fog lights and upper grille on new bumper 3 - install new bumper 3 - YOU ARE DONE !!!!!!
Alright, fair enough. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Superteeth

Originally Posted by Superteeth
Alright, fair enough. Thanks for the help.
Alright, so Sewell sent me photos of the bumper that they received today, and the faux vents do not have fog lamp bezels in them. That is what the conversion kit is for, and it appears that I will have to buy it now.

However, I find it odd that all the pictures online are of aero front bumpers with the fog light bezel. I know plenty of people are fitting the aero bumper to their 2008-2010 model G37 Coupe, and are being left with two holes in their bumper where the fog lamps should go.

That said, I will soon have a pair of faux vents without the fog lamp holes, so if anyone still has holes in their aero bumper that they do not want to get fog lamps for can ask me for the faux vents.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:19 PM
chris5o4

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
theres a difference between IPL bumper and anniversary bumper.. IPL has foglight holes. Anniversary doesn't. Simply find someone who is willing to swap with you or buy the only in classified for $140. Once again like what the other members said... THERE IS NO CONVERSION KIT!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Superteeth

Originally Posted by chris5o4
theres a difference between IPL bumper and anniversary bumper.. IPL has foglight holes. Anniversary doesn't. Simply find someone who is willing to swap with you or buy the only in classified for $140. Once again like what the other members said... THERE IS NO CONVERSION KIT!
Please do not yell at me. You are wrong. There is a conversion kit, specifically for people purchasing what, at the time, was the anniversary bumper. To put the "anniversary" aero bumper on a 2011+ model (which has the fog lamps in the lower area of the bumper), you need to acquire the bezels with the fog lamp holes in them. This is the fog light conversion kit. I do not know why it is called that, because it is confusing, but it is what it is.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:57 PM
chris5o4

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
so when i put foglights in my 2010 g37s i did it wrong? lol.. cmon man.. the fog light holes arent sold separately.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Superteeth

Originally Posted by chris5o4
so when i put foglights in my 2010 g37s i did it wrong? lol.. cmon man.. the fog light holes arent sold separately.
Did you even see the pictures I uploaded? They are the faux vents with the fog lamp bezels (i.e., "the fog light holes sold separately"). They replace the faux vents without the holes on the aero bumper. Apparently, they are called the fog lamp conversion kit, part number B61E51VP00. The IPL bumper is simply the aero bumper with the fog lamp bezels already in place.

Quick Reply: Fog Lamp Conversion Kit?