Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Fog Lamp Conversion Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Superteeth
The color is QAA (Moonlight White). I believe the "actual" "IPL" bumper (i.e., with the fog light holes) would only come in Malbec Black and Graphite Shadow. That, I believe, is why the fog light conversion kit is listed for all the other color codes. However, I see that some people are somehow acquiring factory-painted aero bumpers with the fog light holes already there. This leads me to believe that whoever is selling them advertised as "factory-painted" may be lying (although it would not make financial sense to re-paint the IPL bumper and sell it for less than the IPL bumper).

Or, come to think of it, whoever is selling these bumpers could just be putting the fog light conversion kit into the factory-painted bumpers of colors other than the IPL's colors (again, this would not make financial sense, and customers would not usually be happy to have two holes in their plastic mesh that they cannot fix without buying fog lamps).

I really do not know what is really going on. I was hoping I would be able to get the aero bumper with the fog light holes, since so many people are posting pictures of it, but that is not what happened.

Infiniti parts
Old 03-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Superteeth

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Huh. I guess I was wrong. At any rate, the total price for the anniversary edition aero bumper (factory painted in QAA), plus the conversion kit, plus shipping from Sewell Infiniti came out to $1,160 (minus taxes).
Old 03-11-2013, 09:49 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Huh. I guess I was wrong. At any rate, the total price for the anniversary edition aero bumper (factory painted in QAA), plus the conversion kit, plus shipping from Sewell Infiniti came out to $1,160 (minus taxes).
You did well.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:59 PM
G Nepal

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
You did well.
Lol. Like I said I was lucky to have a K23 nd get it for $283.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Superteeth

You did well.
Turns out I did not do too well. I installed my bumper, only to find that the color is close to a pure white color with very little pearl. The difference between the two colors is very obvious with the bumper installed (not so much with the bumper just sitting in my room).

I am currently in the process of correcting this issue with Sewell Infiniti. They told me to go to my local dealership (Austin Infiniti) and show them the issue, and that they would be able to fill out the paperwork necessary to get a warranty replacement due to a manufacturer defect.

However, when I called Austin Infiniti, they said that any issues with factory-painted parts need to be taken up with the selling dealership. So I called Sewell Infiniti again, and their parts department told me to give them the name of the person I spoke to who said that, and the number for the dealership.

I did this, and now Sewell Infiniti has called Austin Infiniti and told me that they left a message, and will get back to me when they receive a response. I do not know what is going on, or who is supposed to handle this issue, but I am getting rather frustrated.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:15 PM
G Nepal

Turns out I did not do too well. I installed my bumper, only to find that the color is close to a pure white color with very little pearl. The difference between the two colors is very obvious with the bumper installed (not so much with the bumper just sitting in my room).

I am currently in the process of correcting this issue with Sewell Infiniti. They told me to go to my local dealership (Austin Infiniti) and show them the issue, and that they would be able to fill out the paperwork necessary to get a warranty replacement due to a manufacturer defect.

However, when I called Austin Infiniti, they said that any issues with factory-painted parts need to be taken up with the selling dealership. So I called Sewell Infiniti again, and their parts department told me to give them the name of the person I spoke to who said that, and the number for the dealership.

I did this, and now Sewell Infiniti has called Austin Infiniti and told me that they left a message, and will get back to me when they receive a response. I do not know what is going on, or who is supposed to handle this issue, but I am getting rather frustrated.
Good luck buddy... dealing with dealership is not always easy. I had my fair share. In fact having it right now..
Old 03-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Superteeth

Originally Posted by G Nepal
Good luck buddy... dealing with dealership is not always easy. I had my fair share. In fact having it right now..
I am thinking of just returning the bumper and buying another one that should be factory-painted. Hopefully it will turn out correctly. However, I do not feel Sewell will let me do this until the matter is resolved through the manufacturer defect warranty process, which may take a while.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:46 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

I am thinking of just returning the bumper and buying another one that should be factory-painted. Hopefully it will turn out correctly. However, I do not feel Sewell will let me do this until the matter is resolved through the manufacturer defect warranty process, which may take a while.
What concerns me, is that Sewell is selling ALL bumper colors for $999.00 online.

From other dealers the Moonlight White, and Obsidian Black are $1600.00, and all other colors are $283.00 , including my buddy James at OC Infinity here.

Im thinking they are buying unfinished Aero bumpers, and painting them White, and Black in their shop. Selling them for $999.00.

An unfinished bumper MSRPs for $399, making the dealer cost $200, add paint and labor at cost ($100), thats $300 they pay for a bumper sold at $999.00

Just sayin'

Just because Im paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:55 PM
G Nepal

I would just give it sometime .
Old 03-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Superteeth

What concerns me, is that Sewell is selling ALL bumper colors for $999.00 online.

From other dealers the Moonlight White, and Obsidian Black are $1600.00, and all other colors are $283.00 , including my buddy James at OC Infinity here.

Im thinking they are buying unfinished Aero bumpers, and painting them White, and Black in their shop. Selling them for $999.00.

An unfinished bumper MSRPs for $399, making the dealer cost $200, add paint and labor at cost ($100), thats $300 they pay for a bumper sold at $999.00

Just sayin'

Just because Im paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me!!!
My thoughts exactly. I thought it was odd that they were selling all the bumpers at that cost, not to mention that another dealership said that Sewell was selling below cost at $999 for QAA. However, Sewell is currently trying to get me to make a warranty claim at Austin Infiniti.

Surely, if Sewell really did get the bumper from Infiniti, and it was painted at the factory, then Sewell would be able to prove it and the warranty claim should go through. If not, then there would be trouble for Sewell, and a lot of it, so I am not really sure they would risk so much to make a little bit of extra money on the side.

Although, maybe they are all being sold at that cost to even out the fact that another place is selling some colors for $283 and $1600 for select colors? Perhaps it averages out for the dealer.

Either way, I will make sure that this is straightened out.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:17 PM
G Nepal

Possible
Old 03-13-2013, 05:42 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Possible
Why don't you raise your post count with something relevant to say.
Are you in a hurry to post in the classifieds??
Old 03-13-2013, 06:14 PM
G Nepal

Why don't you raise your post count with something relevant to say.
Are you in a hurry to post in the classifieds??
Take a chill pill bro! I've no clue wht u talking abt. If I reply then that's gonna raise my post count. So whats the big deal abt it? I'm pouring my thoughts here. Any problem with that? Take a nice ride on ur G. Ull be alright take it eG myaann

OP, I just talked to Greg( parts manager at SEWELL). He sounds like a nice guy. I ordered IPL side sills nd splash guards frm there which he said is gonna be here Saturday. Let me knw if I can do anything to help u out since I'm going there Saturday .
Old 03-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Superteeth

Take a chill pill bro! I've no clue wht u talking abt. If I reply then that's gonna raise my post count. So whats the big deal abt it? I'm pouring my thoughts here. Any problem with that? Take a nice ride on ur G. Ull be alright take it eG myaann

OP, I just talked to Greg( parts manager at SEWELL). He sounds like a nice guy. I ordered IPL side sills nd splash guards frm there which he said is gonna be here Saturday. Let me knw if I can do anything to help u out since I'm going there Saturday .
Sewell Infiniti has turned the issue to my local dealer, Austin Infiniti, to deal with the warranty claim. Hopefully it will be accepted. I do not believe Sewell will need to be involved with this issue anymore, but thanks for the offer of help. I will let you know if something comes up between now and Saturday, though.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:43 PM
G Nepal

Sure thing. Just holler if u need anything. Do post pictures when u put em on

Quick Reply: Fog Lamp Conversion Kit?