Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Help Installing Load Resistors

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Installing Load Resistors

Guys I just received my front turn signal LED's from Diode Dynamics, upon opening the hood to inspect how to get to the headlight, I just have a few questions on how you guys did yours.

1. How am I suppose to get to the turn signal bulb on my '12 sedan? Do I have to remove the bumper? take off the front wheel splash shield?

2. I also received the load resistors, how hard is it to install and how is the Infiniti plug for the bulb laid out? is it a 3-wire or the normal 2?

thanks guys! I wish our cars had the relay for the blinkers so it would save us the pain of using load resistors.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:41 AM
DeamonG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also didn't get much info from peeps lol I got a friend coming by later to install the resistors for me. If I remember ill take piks and write up a diy.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by DeamonG37s
I also didn't get much info from peeps lol I got a friend coming by later to install the resistors for me. If I remember ill take piks and write up a diy.
PLEASE DO!! I will pay you...

..with kind words obv
Old 07-03-2012, 02:00 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Goonz
Guys I just received my front turn signal LED's from Diode Dynamics, upon opening the hood to inspect how to get to the headlight, I just have a few questions on how you guys did yours.

1. How am I suppose to get to the turn signal bulb on my '12 sedan? Do I have to remove the bumper? take off the front wheel splash shield?

2. I also received the load resistors, how hard is it to install and how is the Infiniti plug for the bulb laid out? is it a 3-wire or the normal 2?

thanks guys! I wish our cars had the relay for the blinkers so it would save us the pain of using load resistors.
I can't tell you how to get to the front signals, as I didn't change them. But as far as resistors, they are easy to install. Front signals, I believe, have 3 wires. Use the T-Taps that came with your resistors. If it didn't, you can get them at any auto parts store. Just tap one wire from the resistor to the ground wire on your harness (black) with the T Taps. Tap the other wire from the resistor to the power for the signal on your harness (i think green).
Old 07-04-2012, 05:17 AM
blondesamurai
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have an 11 sedan and I got to mine by taking out my intakes. Once you get them out, it's slightly toward the outside of the car in front of where the intakes were. Kind of a tight squeeze but I was able to get to them that way.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:58 PM
2009G37Bandit

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Someone (A Vendor) should just post a quick video on how to put in the resistors, or provide a set of pics. A Picture/Video is worth a thousand words!
Old 07-04-2012, 02:36 PM
DeamonG37s

Check my thread ill post pics soon
Old 07-04-2012, 08:00 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by 2009G37Bandit
Someone (A Vendor) should just post a quick video on how to put in the resistors, or provide a set of pics. A Picture/Video is worth a thousand words!

just follow the 1st part of the video using the t-taps. the yellow is your power wire from your harness. the black wire is from the resistor. repeat with the ground wire on your harness and the other wire from the resistor. so you need 2 taps for each resistors. 1 6ohm50w resistor for each LED.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by DeamonG37s
Check my thread ill post pics soon
still waiting!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:58 PM
JDUB916

Hey, I just saw this

Are you having issues putting the bulbs into your 2012 turn signals? If I read it right that is what you are saying?

I bought the switchback bulbs for my 2012 Sedan, and They almost wouldnt fit. They are too snug and do not easily slide in as they should. I had to work at it, carefully for a while until I got it figured out but you have to basically get that top part diagnally in and then screw it sort of and once you can get that top peice in, the rest falls into place. To get to the bulb, you need to bend back your wheel inner cover, but since the turn signals are so far in there, it may be easier to just take off your wheel, but I was able to do it without doing so.

As far as the resistor, to make it easier I just wired mine up in the rear of the car onto the tailight turn signal bulb. Its all the same "circuit", but its easier to get to, manage, and properly install without breaking your back.

Good luck!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

well im having a couple of issues, my LED's aren't even turning on, im trying to switch the sides to for the polarity thing but either way they aren't lighting up. Not sure if this is a defect or not but its quite strange that BOTH bulbs aren't working. I've contacted diode dynamics but they aren't responding. Not sure what is going on.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:58 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

guys just a quick question regarding t-taping the correct wires, there are 3 wires connected to the socket, green w/white line, green w/black like and white w/black line. I know the white w/black line is the ground, which one is other wire I should be connecting the load resistor to? Here's a pic below.

Name:  turnLEDphoto.jpg
Views: 1252
Size:  718.2 KB
Old 09-10-2012, 10:33 PM
ATC_24

Any updates to this guys?
Old 09-12-2012, 07:15 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In for updates too. This one is on my mod list...
Old 09-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Goonz
well im having a couple of issues, my LED's aren't even turning on, im trying to switch the sides to for the polarity thing but either way they aren't lighting up. Not sure if this is a defect or not but its quite strange that BOTH bulbs aren't working. I've contacted diode dynamics but they aren't responding. Not sure what is going on.
What is your email address?

I'm posting a DIY vid on resistor install later today.

Thanks,
Paul

Quick Reply: Help Installing Load Resistors