Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Co-ordinating headlights and interior lighting in rain

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 05:46 PM
seadoo9010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Co-ordinating headlights and interior lighting in rain

Hey all,

Has anyone else wondered if it is possible to have on the front lights without the interior LCD and gauge backlights dimming simultaneously?

For example, when it's raining outside, but still daytime, it's the law in Georgia to have your lights on. As you know, when you turn on the headlights on the left stalk, the tail lights come on and the indoor lighting/backlight automatically dim also. If I want to turn the interior lighting back up for the LCD screen and gauges, I have to do so manually by pressing the button with the moon/sun on it and by pressing the "+" button by the speedometer. And of course, if you turn off the car to get out, the continuous chime sounds, alerting you that you left your lights on!

Is there any way around this? I wanna be able to have my front lights on only, without having to manually increase the interior brightness after I turn them on manually.

Does anyone else have this pet peeve, or is it just me?

Thanks
Old 01-25-2011, 05:51 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by seadoo9010
Hey all,

Has anyone else wondered if it is possible to have on the front lights without the interior LCD and gauge backlights dimming simultaneously?

For example, when it's raining outside, but still daytime, it's the law in Georgia to have your lights on. As you know, when you turn on the headlights on the left stalk, the tail lights come on and the indoor lighting/backlight automatically dim also. If I want to turn the interior lighting back up for the LCD screen and gauges, I have to do so manually by pressing the button with the moon/sun on it and by pressing the "+" button by the speedometer. And of course, if you turn off the car to get out, the continuous chime sounds, alerting you that you left your lights on!

Is there any way around this? I wanna be able to have my front lights on only, without having to manually increase the interior brightness after I turn them on manually.

Does anyone else have this pet peeve, or is it just me?

Thanks
We have the same issue here in MD, many manditory headlight on area's. I haven't found an answer to your question.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:57 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Seems like that would present a pretty difficult wiring/switching project. Definitely never seen anything about it here or anywhere else.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Romulus1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you just turn on your lights and turn up the brightness of your dash and keep the LCD screen in the manual mode they dont dim, atleast thats the way mine is. i personally like the diming when it starts to darken out side, even in the rain.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:21 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
^ this... I do the same. Some time I want it brighter, so I adjust it for my liking.