Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Ventilated/Cooled seats??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 05:18 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JaxG
Youre crazy. You probably think the 370z and the G37 coupe are the same too right?
Not to create more heat. But in some way, it's understandable to say the 370z and G37 couple are the "same" although I don't 100% agree.

But saying the G37 sedan and the Maxima are the same is ...
Old 07-01-2010, 05:27 PM
mindonmatter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EKinNYC
i left my flame suit at home today.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to flame you. I was just pointing out the fact that you are undoubtedly, undeniably, 100% wrong.

Seriously though, this get's on my nerves. I've had a few people say that to me about my car(just a fancy Maxima) and it simply can't be further from the truth. The last person I would want to have this impression is a fellow G owner.

Peace.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mindonmatter
Seriously though, this get's on my nerves. I've had a few people say that to me about my car(just a fancy Maxima) and it simply can't be further from the truth.
Agreed...everyone knows that the G is a fancy Altima, not a Maxima.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:51 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JaxG
Youre crazy. You probably think the 370z and the G37 coupe are the same too right?
Well that's a much better comparison becuase in many ways they basically are; same platform, same engine, same electronics. The G37 is like a 4 seater version of the 370Z. The Maxima - G37 comparison is faulty as they cars share some electronics and interior parts (centre stack, trim pieces, etc) but that's it.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:54 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hadokenuh
Not to create more heat. But in some way, it's understandable to say the 370z and G37 couple are the "same" although I don't 100% agree.

But saying the G37 sedan and the Maxima are the same is ...
At least in that case they're the same platform. But still not the same car.

Case-in-point: The Taurus and Sables of the early 90s were basically the same car with a different badge. Maybe different options, but otherwise badge engineering was the term.

With the G coupe and the Z you actually have distinctly separate cars, i.e. the backseats are ripped out of the Nissan version but otherwise you get the same engines & drivetrain. And they get that synchro-mesh thing on the MT or something like that.

But there really isn't any sedan platform mate for the G -- just a Nissan Skyline rebadging for Japan. Oh, and someone put the steering wheel on the wrong side of that one. But otherwise, yeah.

And no more needs to be said about the Altimas and Maximas, I think everyone gets it by now.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:23 AM
YeeP

Damnit, I got all excited about cooled seats and instead read 3 pages of bickering about how G37 <> Maxima.... I want my 10 minutes back.....
Old 07-02-2010, 11:24 AM
EKinNYC

im man enough to admit when im wrong with my generalizations.

I want my 10 minutes back
this is the internets, that just doesnt happen lol
Old 07-02-2010, 11:31 AM
YeeP

Originally Posted by EKinNYC
im man enough to admit when im wrong with my generalizations.
I can respect that.

<--- This has nothing to do with the conversation, but I like ta tas.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Midlife Crisis

Just to clear the air. I picked up my G37 convertable, w/premium last month and it has cooled/heated seats. AWESOME
Old 07-02-2010, 10:38 PM
majin ssj eric

Originally Posted by mark55
that sounds like the Lexus IS
Correct. Its an 06 IS350 with nav, ML, and the rare sports package (no wood).

Its also faster than my G...
Old 07-03-2010, 03:28 AM
SM_Shadowman

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
Correct. Its an 06 IS350 with nav, ML, and the rare sports package (no wood).

Its also faster than my G...
And you get 0-60 in < 5 seconds...without even having to press the gas pedal!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:01 AM
majin ssj eric

Originally Posted by SM_Shadowman
And you get 0-60 in < 5 seconds...without even having to press the gas pedal!
Lol! Yeah, I just had to have the recall work performed a couple of weeks ago. They replaced the gas pedal and reprogrammed the ECU to allow the brake to override the throttle under certain circumstances. I was afraid it wouldn't let me brake-torque the engine anymore but that still works....
Old 07-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Harley'sG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry, I wasn't trying to flame you. I was just pointing out the fact that you are undoubtedly, undeniably, 100% wrong.

Seriously though, this get's on my nerves. I've had a few people say that to me about my car(just a fancy Maxima) and it simply can't be further from the truth. The last person I would want to have this impression is a fellow G owner.

Peace.
+1^^

Imagine living in TX and not NJ
^^^No kidding! And we are only in July...

Wow, this thread took a major turn. Cooling fan in the seats means extra weight. haha
Old 07-03-2010, 01:13 PM
DigMy35x

Ok, so let's get this thread back on topic . . .

Had the cooled seats in my M and really liked them. My wife's Lexus has them and like those as well. Wish the G had them but it's not the end of the world (easy for me to say, I only have heat 3 months out of the year ).

When I first got my M back in 06 and took one of the people my from office for a test drive they dubbed the option for the cooled seats:

The Package Cooling Package

That kinda stuck with me through the years

Ok, now everyone can go back to arguing about how a Yugo is the same thing as a TSX which is just like a Taurus which resembles a John Deere tractor . . .

Cheers!!

Jay
Old 07-03-2010, 11:19 PM
SM_Shadowman

So how does the cooled seat thing work anyway? Does it mean extra ventilation, or do hot seats actually cool off the same way they heat up?

On a related not I've been wanting something like the nismo titanium shifter **** but just the metal strip on the current one gets so hot in the summer I can only imagine what an entirely metal piece would feel like.

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
Lol! Yeah, I just had to have the recall work performed a couple of weeks ago. They replaced the gas pedal and reprogrammed the ECU to allow the brake to override the throttle under certain circumstances. I was afraid it wouldn't let me brake-torque the engine anymore but that still works....
Consumerreports did some testing on the new brake-override technologies like that and found they didn't affect that kind of stuff:
Consumer Reports Cars Blog: Track test: How does brake-override affect enthusiast driving?

Quick Reply: Ventilated/Cooled seats??