Body Interior Exterior Lighting

2010 Coupe has two 3rd brake lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 09:03 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CarAddict
Either they remove it or take some money off the price and do it yourself. This is unacceptable! If the spoiler was factory installed, then the 4th brake light is not supposed to be there. And I doubt someone on the assembly line made such a big mistake.

Good luck and enjoy your new ride!
The car definitely came from the factory with a rear spoiler installed. It's even listed on the window sticker. I think what happened here is that there were supply issues with the "non-brake light" rear deck, so they started using the standard rear deck with the brake light on all coupes.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:17 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
My rear spoiler was also on the sticker, but was a "PIO Option"
Port Installed Option.

Dont know why but they are not on the car when shipped on the boat, theyare added at the port.

Either way, the dealer at first, thought they were all that way until we walked the lot.

It was done under warranty with no question.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:58 PM
pyschopathic31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Port Installed Option.

Dont know why but they are not on the car when shipped on the boat, theyare added at the port.

Either way, the dealer at first, thought they were all that way until we walked the lot.

It was done under warranty with no question.
They are added on at the port. It has been that way for awhile because Infiniti realized that when they put them on at the factory and shipped them here, like half of them break because the cars are shipped over here on top of each other. So when there is movement, the car on top rocks and sometimes hits the spoiler of the car on bottom and then they have to redo it again. So to make things better, they just install them at port so that it does not happen during transport by boat.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:47 AM
MSCA
Banned

psychopathic31,

No offense, but that doesn't make any sense. Do you really think it is possible to pack the cars so tightly together that a small spoiler could get damaged? And if that's the case, then in the absence of a rear spoiler, the trunk lid would get damaged instead.... Seriously, we're only talking about a couple of inches. Even if they stacked the cars on top of each other, the spoiler wouldn't be touched.

BTW, did you see the pics from a few years ago when a ship carrying a load of new Mazdas tipped over? The cars were anchored in rows to the cargo area of the ship. A lot of the cars were water damaged, but even with the boat tipping over, some of the cars suffered no body damage whatsoever.

Last edited by MSCA; 06-11-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:51 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Port Installed Option.

How do you know that the spoiler on your car was added on at the port instead of being installed at the factory?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:35 AM
MSCA
Banned

Just in case anyone is interested in how cars are transported across the sea, here is a really good link to the Cougar Ace disaster, which is the story of the ship that tipped over carrying more than 4,000 Mazdas:

High Tech Cowboys of the Deep Seas: The Race to Save the Cougar Ace

This is a good read and also has an embedded YouTube video in the article.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:36 PM
pyschopathic31

Originally Posted by MSCA
psychopathic31,

No offense, but that doesn't make any sense. Do you really think it is possible to pack the cars so tightly together that a small spoiler could get damaged? And if that's the case, then in the absence of a rear spoiler, the trunk lid would get damaged instead.... Seriously, we're only talking about a couple of inches. Even if they stacked the cars on top of each other, the spoiler wouldn't be touched.

BTW, did you see the pics from a few years ago when a ship carrying a load of new Mazdas tipped over? The cars were anchored in rows to the cargo area of the ship. A lot of the cars were water damaged, but even with the boat tipping over, some of the cars suffered no body damage whatsoever.
I have had multiple dealers tell me this because originally I was going to order a car with the spoiler and they said don't worry about it because it gets installed at the port when they ship it over. I'm not saying I know 100% but just relaying what dealers have old me.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:41 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
its not a shipping issue for the factory, it's more of a convenience to make one style rear deck cover all w/ brake lights built in.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:03 PM
MSCA
Banned

Okay, now the dealer is telling me that the price for a new rear deck is $750.00. They are also telling me that all 2010 coupes come with the brake light on the rear deck, yet they have an anniversary edition in their showroom that has a factory installed rear spoiler and does not have the brake light on the rear deck.

I'm starting to get a bit aggravated over this whole thing. There's no way I'm paying $750 for the rear deck that was supposed to be on the car in the first place.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:35 PM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
just in case they dont budge (and you do) you can pick one up for ~$190
Old 06-11-2010, 01:50 PM
MSCA
Banned

Where can I get one that cheap? Dealer is saying list price for the part alone is $750
Old 06-11-2010, 02:06 PM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

1) create a bing cashback account (hopefully they still allow new accounts since its being discontinued in july)
2) search "rear shelf g37 ebay" on Bing
3) click buy it now
4) pay with paypal
5) total is around $187 shipped
6) enjoy 8% cashback: $13

Last edited by dainjarouz; 06-11-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:14 PM
KennethG37S

Originally Posted by dainjarouz
1) create a bing cashback account (hopefully they still allow new accounts since its being discontinued in july)
2) search "rear shelf g37 ebay" on Bing
3) click buy it now
4) pay with paypal
5) total is around $187 shipped
6) enjoy 8% cashback: $13
That's not OEM one, that's just factory style spoiler lol
Old 06-11-2010, 02:20 PM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by KennethG37S
That's not OEM one, that's just factory style spoiler lol
rear shelf items - Get great deals on G37 items on eBay Stores!

this is a link for the Stone interior w/BOSE: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/G37-C...Q5fAccessories
Old 06-11-2010, 02:21 PM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

it also looks like i bought the last Charcoal/BOSE one. they should restock soon. Bing Cashback ends on July 31st...so you have until then to get the $13 cashback.

Quick Reply: 2010 Coupe has two 3rd brake lights