Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Has anyone else ordered from Spawn Aero?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 10:40 AM
SpawnAero
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like I said the only thing I need to do is make sure products are coming out with better timing and keep coming out in the great quality they have been. I wont let you guys make it seem different than what it is or more than what it is for what ever personal issue you guys have against me not to mention those who decide to jump on the wagon for no reason.

Customers will be happy.

That is all.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:43 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Spawn has just threatened me with legal action. We all knkow how well that turned out with erickson infiniti. Now we see what will happen when my lawyer calles him. lol
Old 12-14-2009, 10:46 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
You guys have so little startup capital that you can't refund a single purchase? That worries me... maybe the business plan needs to be revisited. If there is one.

Material cost for making a CF part isn't much. Lets use a front lip for example. Maybe 30 bucks material cost, possibly less, depending on how much or how little you use.
You also have to factor in the cost of molding materials, tools, labor, sourcing bumpers to test with ect. I spent more than 30 dollar in materials just to make an emblemless grill.

Yes Spawn is delayed with their orginal timeline but stuff happens when modding a car. There will always be delays and unforseen circumstances that arrive. I do not believe a person should be able to put down a deposit then just ask for it back whenever they feel like it, without just cause. Deciding you dont want it after all is not a valid reason. A depoist is an agreement that you are purchasing a product. The fact he is willing to work with the buyer is honorable. In the future I would also suggest a set return policy.

I am saying we need more vendors on here. If we chase off a new vendor everytime they make a mistake, we will only be screwing ourselves. Give the company a little time and hopefully everyone will benefit.

Spawn has not defrauded, screwed, or scammed anyone as of yet. They are just having some delays. Personally, I do not mind waiting in order to recieve a properly fiting quality product.

Try go ordering something from IvoryGT. I promise you a good 2 month wait....but his results are amazing.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:48 AM
nogoodname
Banned

this is the same story and again and again and again and again and again.....lol

ship some parts out...

Shum is a paying member, so his words should count too.... also, John.... 2 other CF vendors got banned... so dont think you wont
Old 12-14-2009, 10:50 AM
SpawnAero
Former Sponsor

Thank you. And it costs roughly $75 - $100 to make a splitter. We dont use cheap materials. The epoxy is roughly $300/$350 for 5 gallons and the clear coat is roughly $200/$300 for one gallon I forget exactly. Then figure in carbon fiber, brushes, fiberglass, clear gel coat, hoses, power for the pumps not to mention the pums as well, vacuum bagging materials, peel ply, breather materials, flow media, cups, mixing sticks, clamps, couplings, etc etc.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:51 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by nogoodname
this is the same story and again and again and again and again and again.....lol

ship some parts out...

Shum is a paying member, so his words should count too.... also, John.... 2 other CF vendors got banned... so dont think you wont
I agree, everyone can voice their opinion.

I just think we should at least give them an honest shot before cruicifing them.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:51 AM
shumby

I thought you said you were done with this thread? Guess you cannot even keep your word on that either.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:55 AM
shumby

Example of Spawns product.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:56 AM
shumby

Old 12-14-2009, 10:58 AM
nogoodname
Banned

too bad CF is not flexible enough to bend into shape...lol

the blue Z owner had to buy a new set of B Pillars....
Old 12-14-2009, 11:01 AM
shumby

Care to reply to that Spawn. so now you ahve to get your work out on time and have it actuall be a good product.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Oh boy, the lynch mob is forming. No wonder we dont have allot of options for parts for our cars.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SpawnAero
Thank you. And it costs roughly $75 - $100 to make a splitter. We dont use cheap materials. The epoxy is roughly $300/$350 for 5 gallons and the clear coat is roughly $200/$300 for one gallon I forget exactly. Then figure in carbon fiber, brushes, fiberglass, clear gel coat, hoses, power for the pumps not to mention the pums as well, vacuum bagging materials, peel ply, breather materials, flow media, cups, mixing sticks, clamps, couplings, etc etc.
You run a business without knowing your own costs?

The above parts in bold are things you should already have on hand if you've been making parts. I fail to see here how you spent the customer's money for additional supplies, unless you never had them to begin with. Your pictures show otherwise, at least in part.

You may not use cheap materials, I can't prove this, but you certainly don't use expensive stuff either.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:19 AM
nogoodname
Banned

Originally Posted by Kidcane
Oh boy, the lynch mob is forming. No wonder we dont have allot of options for parts for our cars.

didnt the butler screw over MG and the Butler for SE messed up parts too??
Old 12-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
After a little more research, you outsource your clear-coat now anyways.

As for refunds, last I checked, vendors typically charge a re-stocking fee on ordered items. If it's something already in-stock, then the purchase is typically refunded in full. I don't see how a discount is relevant to a refund. If it is clearly posted that refunds are not available because you're liquidating inventory, then that's different.

How about directing us to some positive posts about your products?

Quick Reply: Has anyone else ordered from Spawn Aero?