Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Tinted tail lights???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:06 PM
zesus-G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
he's a habib so its ok, btw I agree with you on the tail lights
Oh lol! Man...(foot in mouth) there goes my rant! Sorry staffer, point taken!
Old 10-20-2009, 01:08 PM
zesus-G

Originally Posted by JLai
Our stock lights are TOO red. Painted > Tinted. Tinted just doesn't look right up close and are definitely not as nice looking in general. Speaking of, my painted taillights should be completed by the painter today.
TOO RED???? god you just made my entire day!!!! I am not even going to comment on this one.......
Old 10-20-2009, 01:51 PM
lakers8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The LED's in the tails are very bright, and most guys either get the GT-r style overlays which DO NOT cover the light output, or they get the 3/10 or 6/10 full overlays which still give off a good amount of light. I agree if you go over your tails with 20 coats of Niteshades, then you should be fully responsible if someones doesnt see you braking. Also, your income level should not matter for things like that. Ive seen lamborghinis and ferraris "murdered out", and im sure their income level is much higher than ours.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:25 PM
zesus-G

Originally Posted by lakers8
The LED's in the tails are very bright, and most guys either get the GT-r style overlays which DO NOT cover the light output, or they get the 3/10 or 6/10 full overlays which still give off a good amount of light. I agree if you go over your tails with 20 coats of Niteshades, then you should be fully responsible if someones doesnt see you braking. Also, your income level should not matter for things like that. Ive seen lamborghinis and ferraris "murdered out", and im sure their income level is much higher than ours.
Niteshades! lol I hear you man...point taken, but yeah you are also pointing out exotic cars, those are exceptions to the majority.... with the exclusion of pro-skateboarders, and maybe some other ghetto-fab athletes, nobody in thier right mind would do that to a Lambo or Ferrari...post pics if you have some evidence....

I do think income level matters as well...heres why...if you are limited budgetwise, you would look to do mods that are cheaper and mods that effect the look of the car while keeping cost in mind...I mean i could have said "where do you live, in the hood?" or something more racially directed but i didnt...(and you know where I was going with that)

Also I would say about 80-90% of the Ferrari's sold here are red, the chance of you seeing a "murdered out" one are two shakes next to unlikely...aside from P-rod, who has that f-430 (which im not even sure is murdered out, im assuming nobody is stupid enough to do that...
Old 10-20-2009, 03:29 PM
zesus-G

I just re-red that...isnt the point of LED's just that? To be too bright? Safer, easier to see in inclimate weather and in extreme sun, or dusk???? And my point before was that there is not state in this country where tinting the tailights is legal....none. There is also no state where you can pass DMV tests with tailight tint either....none. Unlike front window tint (which is illegal in NJ) taillight tinting directly endangers vehichles behind you in that it inhibits BRAKE LIGHTS!!!!!!! are you really going to argue this??? And the fact that this forum actually advises people to do it, and how to do it, is irresponsible.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:17 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by zesus-G
You want to really talk about offending people, I think having an avitar of a Saddam is ofensive to prob most of our middle eastern friends on here too, and your supposedly a staffer here......good choice
Lol man I am from and live in the middle east, but there will change my avator for you

Now let's get back to topic this thread has been whored enough

To the OP, you can either Tint or Paint them, both will cheapen the look on your car in my opinion that is but that's not the point

Just make sure it doesn't block visibility
Old 10-20-2009, 07:04 PM
zesus-G

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Lol man I am from and live in the middle east, but there will change my avator for you

Now let's get back to topic this thread has been whored enough

To the OP, you can either Tint or Paint them, both will cheapen the look on your car in my opinion that is but that's not the point

Just make sure it doesn't block visibility
LOL, Sam, honestly becasue you did that, I will continue to be a part of this forum even though im giving my car back! You didnt really have to do that! lol I kinda dig the Sadam pic, at least its better than Hitler!! lol Your a cool guy, sorry about insulting your avi!!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:08 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
This thread is damn funny. You can tint, paint or use overlays for your tails. Whatever the choice i would recommend that you keep it light so that you end up with burgundy red shade. Any darker and it does look kinda odd.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:36 PM
lakers8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And the fact that this forum actually advises people to do it, and how to do it, is irresponsible.
Its a car MODDING forum, there are do it yourself sections and everything. The forum doesnt allow talk about illegal street racing which i agree with 100%, but if someone wants to mod their car, there are many helpful members on here who dont mind helping them out. What I meant by the LED tails being very bright is that if someone were to do a couple coats of translucent paint over them, the light output of the tails would still be enough for people to see because of the strength of the LED output.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:48 PM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TOO RED???? god you just made my entire day!!!! I am not even going to comment on this one.......
Compare our taillights to one off an AMG. Our "red" looks like toy red where as theirs is a darker almost burgundy red. So yes..."TOO red". Don't get me wrong...I'm not a fan of blacked out taillights either.

If done correctly, there will be little to no visibility loss. Not all of us live in gay states like NJ. I have friends running without cats, front window tint, and limo tint with no problems with the law.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:56 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Its a car MODDING forum, there are do it yourself sections and everything. The forum doesnt allow talk about illegal street racing which i agree with 100%, but if someone wants to mod their car, there are many helpful members on here who dont mind helping them out. What I meant by the LED tails being very bright is that if someone were to do a couple coats of translucent paint over them, the light output of the tails would still be enough for people to see because of the strength of the LED output.
Well you could say the same thing about tinted windows. On one side, you can still see through even if it's x percent. On the other hand, it's still illegal. It's really up to you and how much risk you want to take on. You'll most likely be fine unless it's dark to the point you can't see the brake lights as lakers8 said.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
If I thought My37 was only a car modding forum I wouldn’t bother with it. In reality there are many more areas of tips and general information for us stock owners that make this forum worthwhile. Besides, this place is sometimes just fun.

On the tail light tint issue, I’ve said it many times before: It is unwise to invite cop trouble with illegal mods, and there’s always the safety issue to consider, like getting rear ended by someone who couldn’t see your rear lights clearly enough under certain conditions.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:25 PM
nogoodname
Banned

you'd probably get a fix it ticket added on if you are caught speeding or for wreckless driving.... they wont purposely pull you over for just the tail light tints....

works well on an OB G, black on black........ looks good

the LEDs are bright enough!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by nogoodname
you'd probably get a fix it ticket added on if you are caught speeding or for wreckless driving.... they wont purposely pull you over for just the tail light tints....
The point is we should all strive for "wreckless" driving. It’s reckless driving that should be avoided.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:21 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Good to see you back posting Chekov... Missed you, brotha! or maybe you have been posting and I haven't been paying attention. Lolz.

Quick Reply: Tinted tail lights???