Body Interior Exterior Lighting

AFS indicator flashing

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 09:15 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Both sides.
Correct, the passenger's side headlight turns outward at any speed you travel, even when the vehicle is stationary; you can be parked in front of a wall and turn your steering wheel to the right and see the right headlight follow your move. The driver's side AFS only becomes active after a certain speed though.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:14 PM
Carfanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Have the same problem going to do this on Monday hopefully problem gets solved

DID the exact same thing installed 6000 bulbs and then tadaaaaaa
Old 03-21-2014, 04:16 PM
Carfanatic

Bumped this thread, since i'm having the same issue

Turning RIGHT no AFS Light
Tunring LEFT AFS LIGHT FLASHING

Well i understand the position the plug is suppose to be but how do i know which side has the obstruction ... ?

and where the silver shielded wire is suppose to be so it doesn't obstruct the mechanism ....

Any help would be appreciated ?
Old 03-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Pick a side. You have a 50/50 chance of picking the right one on the first try. Make sure that the wiring isn't in the way of the swiveling projector. Move it right to left with your hand through the full range of motion and see if the wiring is in the way. Since it only happens when you turn left and not right, I presume that where the wire's in the way will be on the left side of the projector. Reposition it.
The following users liked this post:
Carfanatic (03-21-2014)
Old 03-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Carfanatic

Thanks Blackbetty i'll give it a shot tonight and hopefully i do pick the correct side can wait to be done with car and show all you guys some picture

so move the projector lens with my hand and see if it gets stuck ?

How'd you even figure it out ... ? just curious too me the wire seemed like plug and play

so 50/50 because the wire could be obstructing on the left for either the driver side or passenger side...

Something tell's me passenger side .... LOL
Old 03-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

I had to figure it out by experimentation since there was nobody who had posted an experience about it to advise me back when I had the issue. I opened it up and looked in there to see what looked amiss.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Carfanatic

I had to figure it out by experimentation since there was nobody who had posted an experience about it to advise me back when I had the issue. I opened it up and looked in there to see what looked amiss.
Honestly bro , your such an asset to this forum among other members who have helped me. Now hopefully i can do this tonight there's something about lights on my dash that **** me off.

You mentioned that you had a long story as to why you don't have AFS i'm curious as to why you'd remove it ?
Old 03-21-2014, 06:49 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Carfanatic
Honestly bro , your such an asset to this forum among other members who have helped me. Now hopefully i can do this tonight there's something about lights on my dash that **** me off.

You mentioned that you had a long story as to why you don't have AFS i'm curious as to why you'd remove it ?
Thanks for saying so.

That was years ago. I had to temporarily use another set of headlights while dealing with a nightmare of horrible problems with 180 Customs. There was a time when they were screwing everything up all the time (including my lights), but they seem to have improved and members seem more happy with their work these days. All us good and my AFS lights are fine now.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:49 PM
Carfanatic

Thanks for saying so.

That was years ago. I had to temporarily use another set of headlights while dealing with a nightmare of horrible problems with 180 Customs. There was a time when they were screwing everything up all the time (including my lights), but they seem to have improved and members seem more happy with their work these days. All us good and my AFS lights are fine now.
Wow thats something, any chance you have some pictures of your light ?
Also im currently at work but when i get home in about an hour i'm goingt o fix my AFS lol otherwise can't sleep LOL .

@ one point do you think we spend too much money on our cars.... considering when will trade them in or resale we wont be getting any of our money back
Old 03-22-2014, 03:30 PM
Carfanatic

Talking AFS Flashing Light SOLVED :)

Well yesterday as soon as i got home i jacked the car but WAIT

Before that too figure out which side was causing the error , i turn AFS Back on and drove 20 feet that way the sensor would engage , then i pointed my car at a fence and turn right i noticed thelense would move ..., then turned left i noticed the driver side lens would not move... THEREFORE LEFT WAS THE PROBLEMATIC ONE

Now back to story, jacked car then look at the ballast power "pentagon-shaped metal connector for the HID bulbs" was not in the same position as pointed out on page one picture.

The reason the positioning of the "pentagon-shaped metal connector for the HID " is so important is because if you place it any other way the metal shaped connector hits against the housing of the headlight unit. it has nothing to do with the cable being trapped.

it's because the metal connector its the inner housing of the headlight unit.

AFS MYSTERY SOLVED

THANKS BLACKBETTY FOR GUIDING ME ALONG !!!
Old 03-22-2014, 04:58 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

You're welcome. Glad you got it solved. However the driver side light is not supposed to swivel to the left so as no to blind oncoming traffic. You got lucky and picked the rcorrect one. 50/50.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:43 AM
Carfanatic

Talking Lol

ahahaha , i got lucky

Thanks again blackbetty wait till i post some pic's of my car i think you'll like it man!!!

installed intakes the same night car sounds great K&N
Old 01-14-2018, 08:56 PM
jaysont96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello. I know this thread is super old but hopefully somebody can help me. I just replaced my factory headlights for my 2008 coupe with the OEMassive haedlights. They are absolutely beautiful and I love them. However they are not AFS equipped which is fine by me but the AFS light will not stop blinking. I understand that there is really no true fix other than getting AFS lights but I want the OEMassive ones. I was just wondering if there was a simple way to turn the flashing light off. Is there a fuse that I can pull that will disable it? I looked at all the fuses and I don't believe that it has its own fuse. Thank you!
Old 01-14-2018, 09:24 PM
soundkillr

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
To bump one extremely old thread for an answer.....ok but two? Cmon man.....forum etiquette....
Old 01-14-2018, 09:27 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by soundkillr
To bump one extremely old thread for an answer.....ok but two? Cmon man.....forum etiquette....
shut up. Quit bitchinnnn.
if he was to make a new thread you'd tell him to search.

Quick Reply: AFS indicator flashing