Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

6000k HID Upgrade from EliteEV -- Absolutely Stunning!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
yeah i kno that but hp has a set for 92 shipped.. i mean another 10 bucks which do you think has better quality?

i mean i dont kno much about this company, hp sells all high end stuff.. get where im coming from?
Those bulbs do look good I must say. There are many many companies out there that sell bulbs super super cheap. I will never come on a forum to knock another company just cause their prices are cheap and automatically say they are "garbage". There are always options on parts being available. There are pros/cons of buying each brand. Many details are built into the quality, that the hidden eye will never see. Our 5 year warranty.....well that speaks for itself. Either or....now people have choices...these bulbs look good still.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:25 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks good as I said before!! One day when Im down in GA again we will do a side by side comparision for the forums to see... as of right now there pretty close but Blackjacks may be a little more blueish... Im sure well snap a pic toghether before long...

Get the group deal goin for a mini bike... I want one soo bad... to ride around the football field...lol

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 08-31-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:30 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
Looks good as I said before!! One day when Im down in GA again we will do a side by side comparision for the forums to see... as of right now there pretty close but Blackjacks may be a little more blueish... Im sure well snap a pic toghether before long...

Get the group deal goin for a mini bike... I want one soo bad... to ride around the football field...lol

I was on their site, I dont think I can get that model bike. I can only get the dirtbike one.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:33 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Originally Posted by Hpauto
I was on their site, I dont think I can get that model bike. I can only get the dirtbike one.
So you want one too huh...COPY CAT!!! Group buy Group buy!! w00t!!
Old 08-31-2008, 03:01 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
lmao... ^
Old 08-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Gthirty7
thank u soo much im gonna order them!
on my old g35 i had 8000k hid's they were whitish bluish color!
if i go with 10000k what color would it be? and would it be brighter?
I personally don't think I'd go for a higher Kelvin bulb that the 6k. My friend put 8k on his motorcycle and you can see a loss of visibility.

dont go with 10k thats rice city!! higher the number is more the blue/purple

Blackjack please find out if shipping is really 20$. If you can work on the shipping im def ordering these..!!
I should know on Tuesday when she returns to the office.

yeah i kno that but hp has a set for 92 shipped.. i mean another 10 bucks which do you think has better quality?

i mean i dont kno much about this company, hp sells all high end stuff.. get where im coming from?
These appear to be high quality, but we can only speculate. A friend of mine was in the xenon business before and he took a look at them and said they appeared to be a good quality bulb as well. MSRP is $120.

Originally Posted by Hpauto
Those bulbs do look good I must say. There are many many companies out there that sell bulbs super super cheap. I will never come on a forum to knock another company just cause their prices are cheap and automatically say they are "garbage". There are always options on parts being available. There are pros/cons of buying each brand. Many details are built into the quality, that the hidden eye will never see. Our 5 year warranty.....well that speaks for itself. Either or....now people have choices...these bulbs look good still.
Thanks for taking a look Andy and the feedback. I too was pleasantly surprised with the appearance.

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37

Yeppers. Max and I were talking about this and we'll definitely do a side by side comparison next time he's in ATL.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:06 PM
Meltdownblitz
Registered Member

Thanks for taking the time to do that review Blackjack, very good review.

I like the OEM lights because I can see alot. I was talking to an Electrician for the Infiniti Service Center, and I was telling him that I like the color of the stock Acura, BMW, Escalade, Porsche lights, etc. And he told me that those lights are nicer from the outside when looking at them but if you want visibility keep the stock HIDS because they are pure white and he said that white reflects more off everything including signs. He has an STI and he said that those come with a slight bluish tint to them and he loved the way they looked from the outside but he wanted more visibility so he got some of OEM lights from Infiniti and put those on his STI and he can see ALOT more and is very pleased with them. Also he said the OEM bulbs are like 100,000 hour bulbs or maybe there were more 0s but he said they will NEVER go out unless its a bad bulb, but he said if they did they replace them for free while its under warrenty. thats just what came from an electician. I used to have another car of mine with 6000K, wasn't to pleased from the inside but from the outside looked very good IMHO.

So with that said, I think I might have to see more pics of the 6000K possibly from the outside if anyone has any maybe even in person we'll compare if anyone lives in NV?

Does anyone really know what bulb Acura and BMW and Escalade and porsche uses?
Old 08-31-2008, 04:28 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have never liked blue headlights, but after seeing these next to the OEM's, the OEM's look yellow.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:37 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Yea you can tell a difference when there side by side... and in the pics you can see the blue come out from the projector... then see the OEM yellowness...

As far as telling high quality from low quality... thats impossible just by looking at a bulb. Just gotta play the waiting game on that...
Old 08-31-2008, 04:49 PM
Meltdownblitz
Registered Member

Do those bulbs void the warrenty? And also Blackjack, do you have any more pics from the outside of how they look?
Old 08-31-2008, 05:57 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Meltdownblitz
Do those bulbs void the warrenty? And also Blackjack, do you have any more pics from the outside of how they look?
No aftermarket bulbs will not void your warranty.

I don't have any more pics right now, but I'll take a few more shots from the outside tonight after dark.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

I wasn't able to get more pics last night... My camera battery was dead. I will take some this evening.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:40 AM
1BADV6

Originally Posted by Meltdownblitz
Thanks for taking the time to do that review Blackjack, very good review.

I like the OEM lights because I can see alot. I was talking to an Electrician for the Infiniti Service Center, and I was telling him that I like the color of the stock Acura, BMW, Escalade, Porsche lights, etc. And he told me that those lights are nicer from the outside when looking at them but if you want visibility keep the stock HIDS because they are pure white and he said that white reflects more off everything including signs. He has an STI and he said that those come with a slight bluish tint to them and he loved the way they looked from the outside but he wanted more visibility so he got some of OEM lights from Infiniti and put those on his STI and he can see ALOT more and is very pleased with them. Also he said the OEM bulbs are like 100,000 hour bulbs or maybe there were more 0s but he said they will NEVER go out unless its a bad bulb, but he said if they did they replace them for free while its under warrenty. thats just what came from an electician. I used to have another car of mine with 6000K, wasn't to pleased from the inside but from the outside looked very good IMHO.

So with that said, I think I might have to see more pics of the 6000K possibly from the outside if anyone has any maybe even in person we'll compare if anyone lives in NV?

Does anyone really know what bulb Acura and BMW and Escalade and porsche uses?
My wife has a 2007 TSX and that has the best lights in it that I have ever driven in. It has a lot to do with the projector housing/cutoff/lense, and the TSX has one of the most desirable housings to have for retrofits. The light color outside the car is beautiful, and next to my car stock there is NO way the G37 is as good or better, in my opinion it is very poor in comparison. The STi lights are also better than the G, I've driven one. BMW again are also better. I wouldn't let the tech pull your leg too far, I think he sounds a bit biased.

The stock TSX has 4300 bulbs, just like the G. The FX also has 4300, which a lot of people use for bi-xenon conversions.

Summary is that you can put the 6000K bulbs in to give it a bit better of an external appearance and add to driving light, but it's going to take changing lenses or even the projector housing to actually bring yourself up to the Acura, BMW, etc. look.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Meltdownblitz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 1BADV6
My wife has a 2007 TSX and that has the best lights in it that I have ever driven in. It has a lot to do with the projector housing/cutoff/lense, and the TSX has one of the most desirable housings to have for retrofits. The light color outside the car is beautiful, and next to my car stock there is NO way the G37 is as good or better, in my opinion it is very poor in comparison. The STi lights are also better than the G, I've driven one. BMW again are also better. I wouldn't let the tech pull your leg too far, I think he sounds a bit biased.

The stock TSX has 4300 bulbs, just like the G. The FX also has 4300, which a lot of people use for bi-xenon conversions.

Summary is that you can put the 6000K bulbs in to give it a bit better of an external appearance and add to driving light, but it's going to take changing lenses or even the projector housing to actually bring yourself up to the Acura, BMW, etc. look.

I had a feeling it wasn't the bulbs that were in it. I still love the way the stock G lights look though, good info! Very interesting,Thanks.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Csquared

Hi Sorry if it's a dumb question but these bulbs work on the G35 sedan right?

Quick Reply: 6000k HID Upgrade from EliteEV -- Absolutely Stunning!!!