Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Which is better fiberglass or Polyurethane?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 02:55 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
hahah keep your fantasys to yourself and put your money where your mouth is... you are full oh hot air.... everyone here has super nice opinions of you
Old 05-03-2008, 03:13 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
oh man what happened here...
Old 05-03-2008, 03:15 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
^^ JDM talk.... "we" wouldn't understand!
Old 05-03-2008, 03:26 PM
ChOy BoY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol this thread took an unexpected turn
Old 05-03-2008, 03:41 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
^^ JDM talk.... "we" wouldn't understand!
yup I definately dont understand... oh well im done...
Old 05-03-2008, 03:44 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
whats jdm?
Old 05-03-2008, 03:56 PM
RYs06MT

JDM TIGHT YO

Old 05-03-2008, 04:19 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
oh man what happened here...
an arguement over fiberglass...unv, no need to be arrogrant, bro..
Old 05-03-2008, 04:40 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
an arguement over fiberglass...unv, no need to be arrogrant, bro..
its not a matter of arrogant but when people are spitting out misinformed information about products they have no experience with what so ever it hurts the tuning world. there is a reason that all the major JDM companies use these materials, its because its the best material for quality, fitment, and craftsmen ship before making the jump to full carbon which raises the price a lot. but i guess these compaines have no idea what their doing...... I will enjoy my crappy fiberglass TS lip and be done with it...
Old 05-03-2008, 04:41 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
hahah keep your fantasys to yourself and put your money where your mouth is... you are full oh hot air.... everyone here has super nice opinions of you
put my money where my mouth is? what are we racing now? I have put my money where my mouth is. My TS lip is ordered with Jeff. I did my part.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Fiberglass is lighter than urethane, but breaks much easier. one solid scrape or drag and the FG will crack out where as the urethane will usually just scrape away.

Most perfer working with poly, just because you get a better fit 95% of the time, and you take out the whole human aspect of manufacturing it. fiberglass molds get used often, don't compensate for wear, some under paid guy SPRAYS in the resin, drops on 7 layers of sheet (if your lucky) and then is supposed to squeege out all the bubbles (don't see this happening). Poly is usually manufactured with a metal , plastic injection mold, and just about every part comes out the exact same as the last.

Poly gets my Vote!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 05:28 PM
RYs06MT

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
its not a matter of arrogant but when people are spitting out misinformed information about products they have no experience with what so ever it hurts the tuning world. ...
Like YOU in the BC coil thread before black guy put facts into you?
All max was saying is that it is a weaker material that will crack easier than others. Which is true, rather if it comes from Japan or U.S.

Last edited by RYs06MT; 05-03-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:30 PM
UNV-IT46

Like YOU in the BC coil thread before black guy own'd you?
own'd me? not even close. he was just being a typical salesmen pushing a product he sells. If someone really wants to argue that BC is better then Bilsteins or motons your on crack. but he is not going to knock a product he sells. no sales person would.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:35 PM
RYs06MT

"products they have no experience with what so ever it hurts the tuning world" quoting you, but yet you've never tried BC, and could support no facts validating your points. point blank you never tried them, no experience with the product; and he asked you several times to state facts about them and I don't remember you producing one.

Putting your money where your mouth is I'm sure max ment you speak all day of these high dollar parts but you've yet to put one on your car......... sorry you have some high dollar lug nuts. Wheres your cuscos, amuse exhaust, 5 sets of rims and everything else you speak of?
I guess we'll all wait to see when your dreams become reality.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:49 PM
UNV-IT46

"products they have no experience with what so ever it hurts the tuning world" quoting you, but yet you've never tried BC, and could support no facts validating your points. point blank you never tried them, no experience with the product; and he asked you several times to state facts about them and I don't remember you producing one.

Putting your money where your mouth is I'm sure max ment you speak all day of these high dollar parts but you've yet to put one on your car......... sorry you have some high dollar lug nuts. Wheres your cuscos, amuse exhaust, 5 sets of rims and everything else you speak of?
I guess we'll all wait to see when your dreams become reality.
as i said in that thread i never claimed to have driven on BC labled coils. I have driven on their relabled coils that BC produces. so i do have experience with their products. So i have tried BC products so your point is well pointless. as far as facts i did state clear facts of how changing to higher quality suspension set ups i.e. bilsteins and then motons improoved my lap times. those are clear facts that cant be denied. So once again another point you made is pointless.

As far as money where my mouth is what products would you like me install? considering none that i would purchase have been released yet. Cusco? nothing in production yet for the 37 still in proto so how can i install those? Amuse still in pre production nothing avail yet so how can i install that? wheels my first gramlights didnt work they sent me G35 offset, my first set of volks arrive tue wed they will be mounted right away, my third set of volks are about to be powder coated just need to decide on the second color, my advan track wheels were ordered after my volks there for they are not here yet. My TS lip is ordered its not here i cant install it. I cant magically make items appear that have not been released. and i am not going to install inferior parts just to make some forum members happy. Sorry i dont mod my cars for other's happiness. So enjoy your trolling and have a nice day...

Quick Reply: Which is better fiberglass or Polyurethane?