Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

If you have had your seats/foam/seat covers replaced please read...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 12:53 AM
prutkows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have had your seats/foam/seat covers replaced please read...

If you've gotten anything seat related replaced due to wrinkling/dimpling could you please post the problem and the dealership who replaced it? My dealer says its normal and wont do a damn thing but if enough people have had theres replaced im going to make them replace it and tell them the dealerships who have done it.

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:46 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the seat bubbling problem. Just called Santa Monica Infiniti and they said they'll either repair it or replace the seat for me. Keep trying.

How many miles do you have?
Old 04-29-2008, 03:02 PM
vINCe_Inc

same. mine gave me the choice of getting the foam replaced first (which solved the problem because they put in a firmer foam) or if i was not satisfied with it still, they would replace the seat, but this would not solve anything since the new seat will have the soft foam again.
im from markham, toronto.
fyi, i actually had a dent in my seat. no bubble issue, i think the bubbling is minor and not that big of a deal.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:56 PM
prutkows

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
I have the seat bubbling problem. Just called Santa Monica Infiniti and they said they'll either repair it or replace the seat for me. Keep trying.

How many miles do you have?
about 1,400 now.
problem started around 300, took it in at 500 and 1,200.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:37 PM
ucla bruin

Wow, I would definitely try to get them to repair or replace it. I have 6000miles right now. Although the dealer hasn't asked for my mileage, it doesn't seem like they'd have a problem with it.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:47 AM
prutkows

Wow, I would definitely try to get them to repair or replace it. I have 6000miles right now. Although the dealer hasn't asked for my mileage, it doesn't seem like they'd have a problem with it.
all they tell me is "its normal and expected"
I can understnad if it happens 5k+ at the very least but under 2000 miles? unacceptable.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:55 AM
ucla bruin

That just sounds like an excuse, especially when you only have 1400 miles. I'd make them do something about it. Maybe you can tell them that other dealers (Santa Monica) are willing to repair or replace it for cars that have 6000 miles on it. I would not let them brush it off easily
Old 04-30-2008, 04:22 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea id try harder and they should fix it for you... im going to take my car in pretty soon
Old 04-30-2008, 04:25 AM
prutkows

That just sounds like an excuse, especially when you only have 1400 miles. I'd make them do something about it. Maybe you can tell them that other dealers (Santa Monica) are willing to repair or replace it for cars that have 6000 miles on it. I would not let them brush it off easily
You're right. I'm definitely going to take it in soon and make them do it. If they tell me no I'm just going to call Infiniti and complain.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:18 AM
rcharles

My Infiniti dealer in Jacksonville Fl recovered my back seat because of a bubble in the seat. They had no problem doing it at all. Also, with warranty work it is not the dealerships call on whether they will do it. They have to call HQ to get the money for it. When my dealership called, the HQ rep said sure, no problem here is your accounting code. I dont think the dealerships can make the final call. Try talking to the service manager and if that does not work then get an Infiniti customer suppport number. They also gave me a loaner while they did the replacement and did a free oil change.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:17 AM
chucky

got a bubble developing in the driver's seat at about 6k. Taking my car in replace a rattling muffler Monday. I got a little bit of a run around about the muffler but I told them that Inifinti is well aware of the problem and did I need to call a customer rep? They ordered the muffler that day I also mentioned the seat bubble. I'll pursue that when they replace the muffler. Keep you posted.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:37 AM
leeladisky

I'm going on number 3 - replaced drivers seat bottom, that is... #3! Car has 8k on it...NUMBER F'IN 3. Getting a tad bit angry now...
Old 05-03-2008, 12:43 AM
argbol

my seat got replaced at glendale infiniti both seats!
Old 05-03-2008, 04:38 PM
prutkows

Thanks for all the replies/suggestions.

My dealer told me they wouldnt do anything so i went ahead and called Infiniti customer service and they told me they were sending a regional manager down (this was yesterday). Then last night I got a phone call from my dealer saying they would replace the seat.

So I'm going to go in after final exams (in a couple weeks) and most likely complain and ask them why i had to do so much just to get a seat replaced. I'm also going to get it in writing that if I experience the same problem they will continue to replace the seat.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:43 PM
nogoodname
Banned

^^ wow good job, some dealers can be a pain-in-the-neck to deal with after u buy the car from them

Quick Reply: If you have had your seats/foam/seat covers replaced please read...