Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

HID Comparison question w/g35

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 03:31 PM
G-Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HID Comparison question w/g35

For all current G37 owners- in comparison to the G35 HIDs, are the G37 HIDs whiter/brighter or about the same? I believe that the G35s HIDs are 4100K?
Old 12-01-2007, 03:46 PM
IP37

pretty sure the g37 comes with 4300k
Old 12-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I think they are about the same as the 06+.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:35 AM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This is my first car with a projector and I Have ALWAYS LOVED THEM, but I are ours as good as say a S2000, Mercedes, TL's? I love theres, and thats what I was expecting, but they are just too yellow hue for my taste!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:59 AM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Raheel
This is my first car with a projector and I Have ALWAYS LOVED THEM, but I are ours as good as say a S2000, Mercedes, TL's? I love theres, and thats what I was expecting, but they are just too yellow hue for my taste!
Depends on taste. I believe the S2000 (especially) has clear lenses which give you that dark blue-purple cutoff line. They also blind you when the cars front end raises up and down from the highway bumps (gives an illusion they are flashing their brights at you).

I think our "G's" have fresnel lenses which don't allow for such a dramatic cutoff line.

I think......
Old 12-02-2007, 11:18 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dr jones you are 100% correct
Old 12-02-2007, 11:21 AM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh!

And I found this little article which may hold a lot of truth about the lenses. I think its a bit dated though but it paints a decent picture....

"Within the realm of retrofitting, there is also a certain level of improvement and upgrading. This is mainly in regards to a projector system and its lenses. The U.S. DOT-spec HID lenses are not as translucent as the European ECE lenses (with the exception of Hella E39 lenses). ECE lenses produce a BRILLIANT blue-violet color flicker noticeable over a mile away, and increase the net light output substantially over its DOT counterpart. The key here is that the light remains true white on the road while the color flicker is intensified by the clear prismatic lens. The ECE cut-off line is also razor sharp comparatively and the farside flare is flattened out. Unfortunately, E-code lenses are quite expensive and must be imported from Europe, but hey: you gotta pay to play. J-spec or JDM HIDs are similar to ECE/E-code except that the shield is flipped for RHD. Below is a picture of an ECE beam pattern. Notice the brilliant violet layer of light under the cut-off line, the amazing contrast of light to darkness, and the sharpness of the beam pattern. The violet light translated to onlookers will appear to be a rich, deep purple twinkle in the headlight..."

Old 12-02-2007, 12:39 PM
NasaMan

Wanna see something cool? let's create a pupple color on top of the light beam. Park your G in fron of the closed garage door so you can see the beam clearly, then slowly lower you palm blocking the TOP beam in front of the housing. Now, look at the beam on the garage, you'll see the creation of the purple color by adjusting the height of your palm.
Someone went into the housing and used a cut off piece from a coke cans. With a eclipe shape, he created a very nice cut off line and the purple color was magnifician. I'll look for his post when I finish helping the wife putting up the Xmas tree.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:19 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DrJones
Oh!

And I found this little article which may hold a lot of truth about the lenses. I think its a bit dated though but it paints a decent picture....

"Within the realm of retrofitting, there is also a certain level of improvement and upgrading. This is mainly in regards to a projector system and its lenses. The U.S. DOT-spec HID lenses are not as translucent as the European ECE lenses (with the exception of Hella E39 lenses). ECE lenses produce a BRILLIANT blue-violet color flicker noticeable over a mile away, and increase the net light output substantially over its DOT counterpart. The key here is that the light remains true white on the road while the color flicker is intensified by the clear prismatic lens. The ECE cut-off line is also razor sharp comparatively and the farside flare is flattened out. Unfortunately, E-code lenses are quite expensive and must be imported from Europe, but hey: you gotta pay to play. J-spec or JDM HIDs are similar to ECE/E-code except that the shield is flipped for RHD. Below is a picture of an ECE beam pattern. Notice the brilliant violet layer of light under the cut-off line, the amazing contrast of light to darkness, and the sharpness of the beam pattern. The violet light translated to onlookers will appear to be a rich, deep purple twinkle in the headlight..."

All Make Sense, So what do Acura TL's Have? And Do Mercedes have this European ECE Lense?

Originally Posted by NasaMan
Wanna see something cool? let's create a pupple color on top of the light beam. Park your G in fron of the closed garage door so you can see the beam clearly, then slowly lower you palm blocking the TOP beam in front of the housing. Now, look at the beam on the garage, you'll see the creation of the purple color by adjusting the height of your palm.
Someone went into the housing and used a cut off piece from a coke cans. With a eclipe shape, he created a very nice cut off line and the purple color was magnifician. I'll look for his post when I finish helping the wife putting up the Xmas tree.
I wanna see I WANNA SEE
Old 12-04-2007, 04:21 AM
NasaMan

Ah, found his thread. Here: http://www.geocities.com/jvxdriver/h...ector_beam.htm
Like I always said, I will always admire to those that have a creative mind.

Last edited by NasaMan; 12-04-2007 at 04:23 AM.