Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help 2009 infiniti g37x coupe front a/c heater climate & radio control panel

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 05:48 PM
kstadler
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 infiniti g37x coupe front a/c heater climate & radio control panel

Hi, looking for some help. as stated in the title, we have a 2009 Infiniti G37X coupe. Love the car! Love the oomph. only 79,000 original kms on it.
Our problem is, it was parked in our garage for quite a while and the battery died. Once the battery was charged, the climate & radio control didn't work. It tried to boot up, and you see it on the display, the logo appears and then poof, gone. It tries to boot up again, and again until finally it gives up and no longer tries to boot up. Last summer when it did this, I unhooked the battery, waited a while, then hooked it back up again, and it seemed to work for about 2 weeks, then stopped. It looked like it was trying to boot up several times and then nothing. I thought maybe while it was "in storage" in the garage, something might have crawled in and chewed on some wires but no one seemed willing to look at it. I took it to our mechanic and also to Infiniti itself and all they did was hook up their computer to it and told me squat. basically, they can't fix it and I need a new unit, and as it is a 2009, that would be difficult to find (in canada). I could order a used one, but there is no guarantee that it works.
I even bought a new battery hoping that was the problem. Nope. with this not working, it means the radio and climate control isn't working either.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-31-2024, 02:53 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,021 Posts
If the AV infotainment is failing to boot up, or boot-looping and quitting, than more than likely the internal hard drive is toast. Whether it was already on its way out or if the electrical issue "contributed" to the failure, who knows. Remember, that unit is 15-years-old so it is/ was going to fail. eventually.

Best bet, find a suitable junkyard replacement and go from there. Or, if you plan on keeping the car for the long-term, look into aftermarket options.