Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Audio Screen Stuck in Boot-Up Loop and AC Controls Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 01:21 PM
Ottomurph
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Audio Screen Stuck in Boot-Up Loop and AC Controls Not Working

Has anyone heard of or had this problem. Occasionally when starting the car the Infiniti logo animation on the navi screen just keeps looping and none of the radio/AC control buttons are working. Happens randomly, and after driving for a bit everything comes back on. 2012 G37 6MT
Old 09-02-2019, 01:40 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Have you had your battery tested
Old 09-02-2019, 06:31 PM
Ottomurph
Registered Member

No I couldnt imagine the car battery would be causing that though. Are you recommending that in reference to something you have experience with?
Old 09-02-2019, 11:08 PM
takemorepills
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Nissan's/Infiniti's will do weird stuff like that if there's an issue with the battery, charging system or IPDM
Old 09-03-2019, 11:11 AM
Ottomurph
Registered Member

By IPDM do you mean the BCM? From what I've read this could be one of two things the entire AV Radio unit which is $6,000 from INFINITI or the BCM (Body Control Module). Just looking for someone who may have had this happen to them
Old 09-03-2019, 11:28 AM
takemorepills
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
IPDM= Integrated Power Distribution Module. This device, next to the car battery, houses many of the relays, fuses and distribution circuits for MOST of the car. Nissan/Infiniti IPDMs are, occasionally, the cause of the problem usually because a relay goes bad (as in develops a high resistance contact when closed) however, sometimes the dealer will diagnose it as the entire IPDM being failed.
It happened on my Titan, my dash would go crazy. Turned out to just need updated relays (easy fix).
Anyways, the point is, that if your audio system is acting up, it could be a low-volt issue. I have had also had a low volt situation in my Titan (had that truck a long time, but it's built exactly the same as G37, electrically speaking) due to a weak battery. The voltmeter on the dash always showed a low voltage. Sometimes my radio would act up. I thought my alternator was bad, but I changed the battery first and that was the resolution to that problem. Something was wrong with my battery (dead cell likely) because the truck voltage would never go above 11.5v, even though the alternator was good.

Oh, and I did run the battery in my Q60 down once, and the audio system started freaking out.

If it's your battery, just check voltage with engine running, should be above 13v without AC on. My truck was at 11 and it was freaking out.

If it's the IPDM relay, a little more difficult to find (because it will only show up in one circuit that powers the audio/HVAC control), BUT, the relays are only a few dollars.

Just hoping your car has an easy fix and doesn't need expensive parts!
Old 09-05-2019, 03:12 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
The network bridge if it sees low voltage it will what your display is doing