Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Phoenix 13.6 harness issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 06:18 PM
Segev Ben Gigi
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phoenix 13.6 harness issues

Hi all. The car is 2009 g37, just got phoenix tesla screen today, the harness is not fit my car. Does somebody seen it before?
i add photos of my stereo.
3 oem connectors from my car that cant connect to nothing.
1 connector from phoenix harness (big one) that don’t connect to nothing. (But fit to 1 of the module console connectors)

thanks

Old 12-22-2020, 07:40 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,021 Posts
Segev Ben Gigi, is your car Middle Eastern (GCC)-spec? The wiring layouts for JDM and GCC-spec cars are very different compared to USDM models. Based on the photo of your OEM headunit, you do not have a US-spec headunit. I am not sure how much help I/we can offer.

Did you confirm with Phoenix that they could make a harness specifically for your particular car?
Old 12-23-2020, 12:44 AM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts
I saw this post and felt obligated to help since I just went through this issue and got lots of help on the forum. Then I saw your your plugs and was like wtf!? @ILM-NC G37S seems to have the answer. I had no idea non usd spec cars were so different. I can say there is zero chance that Phoenix is going to be able to help you. Those guys are the worst (yes, I hope they read this). Unless your extremely knowledgeable and willing to cut wires in your cars harness (I wouldn’t advise this) I think your unfortunately SOL.

edit: maybe, just maybe someone makes a whatever spec you have to usd spec conversion harness. That’s your only shot I think.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:22 AM
Segev Ben Gigi
Registered Member

honestly i didn't know there is an such thing “middle east” version. I think that phoenix should know by shipping it to me.
i have no problem with cutting wires, as long as i know exactly which wire need to connect where, since i know don’t understand nothing about it.

as the other connector that fit are ok? Because the system don’t even turn on.
is so, there are only 3 connector to be cut?
can i find somewhere the right harness?

Thanks a lot
Old 12-23-2020, 09:19 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

I am 99.9% sure your car is GCC-spec (Middle Eastern region).

Unless you know someone who has, or can find, a copy of the Factory Shop Manual for your region, there is no way to know what wires need to be cut/spliced. Perhaps you can reach out to a local car stereo installer that might be of some help? Do you know anyone at a Niisan or Infiniti dealership?

I definitely would not advise proceeding any further at this point. Cutting the wrong wire can bring many problems. Also, just because the connector fits, does not mean the wires are in the correct locations.

It would not surprise me if even Phoenix does not know there are different-spec versions of these, or other, cars. I would suggest you reach out to Phoenix and see what they have to say. To be honest, if they do not have, or can not make, a compatible harness for your car, I would see about returning the unit for a refund.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 12-23-2020 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:12 AM
Segev Ben Gigi
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
I am 99.9% sure your car is GCC-spec (Middle Eastern region).

Unless you know someone who has, or can find, a copy of the Factory Shop Manual for your region, there is no way to know what wires need to be cut/spliced. Perhaps you can reach out to a local car stereo installer that might be of some help? Do you know anyone at a Niisan or Infiniti dealership?

I definitely would not advise proceeding any further at this point. Cutting the wrong wire can bring many problems. Also, just because the connector fits, does not mean the wires are in the correct locations.

It would not surprise me if even Phoenix does not know there are different-spec versions of these, or other, cars. I would suggest you reach out to Phoenix and see what they have to say. To be honest, if they do not have, or can not make, a compatible harness for your car, I would see about returning the unit for a refund.
I leave in the middle east so you must be right.
i will try speak with phoenix today, but from what i read, its probably will bring me nowhere.
i will try getting that factory shop manual somewhere.
Old 12-23-2020, 03:32 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

@ILM-NC G37S can vouch for how much of pain in the *** these things can be as he helped me every step of the way figuring mine out and mine was the correct harness for my car. Meaning even if you have a shop manual for both cars and you think you’ve got all the wires mapped, you could easily still be in the for the worst headache of your life. Also, the Phoenix people don’t make these radios. They are clueless salesmen at best. These things are made in China and rebranded.

The way I see it you really only have 2 options. 1) Return the radio. 2) Find a usd spec conversion harness (if it exists). If you do decide to get crazy and ignore my advice, I posted some wire mapping for my harness that may be helpful. Find the long Phoenix thread, it’s all toward the end. Honestly hoping you see what sort of hell I went through with a millions times better situation than you and that will deter you from even trying to get crazy. Lol
Old 12-23-2020, 08:13 PM
Segev Ben Gigi
Registered Member

Zero luck project. I spoke with phoenix today he sure that its all going to work. We plug it all up (what can be plugged) the system didn't turn on.
i checked with multimeter and the yellow wire had no current.
checked all the fuse box, all good.
Tried to plug the stock system, it didn't work.
please help me what i’m missing.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:28 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Segev Ben Gigi
Tried to plug the stock system, it didn't work.
please help me what i’m missing.
For your stock system, all I can suggest is for you to check all of your fuses. Some of these systems get power from multiple fuses/circuits.

I am sorry that Phoenix is of no help. They are a useless company that is only interested in making a sale. After that, they drop you. I would still see about returning the item for a refund and look for alternatives for your region.

I am really sorry that I could not be more help to you...

Good luck 🙏

Old 12-24-2020, 11:31 AM
Segev Ben Gigi
Registered Member

The phoenix unit works now. Have sound, have radio. I think its only about air condition, and the emergency light.
how much trouble it could be? Trying to get the infiniti factory specs for my car. I tried to get the right harness but nobody is willing to sell it to me.
after i see it work, i can go back...
Old 12-24-2020, 12:37 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Segev Ben Gigi
The phoenix unit works now. Have sound, have radio. I think its only about air condition, and the emergency light.
how much trouble it could be? Trying to get the infiniti factory specs for my car. I tried to get the right harness but nobody is willing to sell it to me.
after i see it work, i can go back...
Wow, major development. So you plugged in Tesla screen and it didn’t work? Then you plugged in your oem radio again and now it didn’t work? (Probably blew some fuses plugging in Tesla screen) but then you went back to Tesla screen and it’s half working!?

What did you do? Seems wild to me.

Look, I don’t know if this can be much help to you but I put a diagram together of my harness. This will at least tell you which signals from the G the Phoenix radio is looking for in the various plugs/pins. It’s in the Phoenix radio thread toward the end. Should be easy to find. You’ll still need to find your oem spec shop manual to map but my diagram could still help.
Old 12-24-2020, 12:59 PM
Segev Ben Gigi
Registered Member

Sorry, i missed some detail. One of phoenix connector burned my fuse in the engine box, didn’t found it in the beginning.

Old 12-24-2020, 01:31 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Well, strange as it seems, you are making better progress than I thought would be possible. When there is a will there is a way. Trust me, I've nodded my car when they said it couldn't be done.

Please keep us updated and if I/we can help, well, we.can only try our best...
Old 12-24-2020, 01:58 PM
Segev Ben Gigi
Registered Member

Frankly its not much progress. I only have sound, sonar and the steering wheel switches.
i don’t get any detail about the car throw the screen, as far as doors open and all (and it really don’t matters to me) but there some local guy that made all happened except the ac for the 12.1 unit (he put the ac panel in the glove box) He supposed to send me the details for the wiring.
When i bought it i didn’t have a clue but it seems like some pepole had tried that before and pass.
if the ac will work in the screen it will be just fine for me.

thanks a lot!
Old 12-24-2020, 02:40 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Check the connections for the CANBUS. There should be two wires: CAN-H and CAN-L. The CAN system is what the AV system uses to "talk" with the rest of the car
including the AC system...

Quick Reply: Help Phoenix 13.6 harness issues