Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Apple Carplay on G37

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2022, 05:13 PM
BigSpoon
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by BOOM_FIST
I agree, it’s nice to retain the factory look, but spending almost $800 just for the addition of Apple CarPlay is NOT worth it for me. Maybe I’ll break down and get it eventually, but I was really hoping to find an alternative option.

Most base model cars come with this option nowadays, just wanted to find a decent option to add it for this dated infotainment center.
You're right, the cost is ridiculous. Some things are insanely overpriced for our cars i.e. aftermarket ECU tuning. One shouldn't have to spend $1400 for a simple basic tune when other cars/platforms can achieve this for 1/4 of that cost lol.
Old 01-30-2022, 10:42 PM
BOOM_FIST
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by BigSpoon
You're right, the cost is ridiculous. Some things are insanely overpriced for our cars i.e. aftermarket ECU tuning. One shouldn't have to spend $1400 for a simple basic tune when other cars/platforms can achieve this for 1/4 of that cost lol.
You ain’t kiddin!!! I guess I’ll use it the way it is for a while to see if I really “need” it. I was wanting to get it tuned for better stock performance and shifting too and I was already expecting that to be pretty pricey, so no surprise there.
The following users liked this post:
BigSpoon (01-31-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 05:21 PM
BigSpoon
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BOOM_FIST
You ain’t kiddin!!! I guess I’ll use it the way it is for a while to see if I really “need” it. I was wanting to get it tuned for better stock performance and shifting too and I was already expecting that to be pretty pricey, so no surprise there.
Hey man I just saw this deal today on NiftyCity and thought about you/this thread conversation. Looks like they're doing a decent deal ATM. I might pull the trigger. Much more digestable/affordable let us know if you end up getting this. If I do, I will post a review or something on the forum about it since I don't see too much info about the Nifty City setup here.

BOOM_FIST (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 05:26 PM
BigSpoon
Registered Member

Also...

Just posting this for the picture from Nifty City. Looks so nice and clean. I wish Infiniti would have offered some kind of retro setup you could purchase to enable CarPlay/AndroidAuto in their vehicles with touchscreens like ours. I understand from a business perspective, this might not be very proifitable. They'd probably rather encourage us to buy their newer vehicles that come equipped like this from the factory. Anyways... I really really want this! Gotta get my car running right first before I can afford entertainment

BOOM_FIST (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 06:10 PM
BOOM_FIST
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by BigSpoon
Hey man I just saw this deal today on NiftyCity and thought about you/this thread conversation. Looks like they're doing a decent deal ATM. I might pull the trigger. Much more digestable/affordable let us know if you end up getting this. If I do, I will post a review or something on the forum about it since I don't see too much info about the Nifty City setup here.

Man! Good looking out! It’s definitely a little more affordable, but I’m now planning on lowering springs and wheels and tires real soon. Wife gave me the green light. Lol

Let me know if you pull the trigger!
BigSpoon (02-08-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 05:08 PM
presidentsdad
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Does anyone actually have the Nifty City one installed? Does it actually "fix" bluetooth (as in calls actually work??)? The reason I ask is the bluetooth is 100% NOT reliable in my 2011 G37. It's truly my only complaint about the car. $800-ish for adding a modern app without having to seriously modify your car (aka being able to use a pre-made harness) to an 11 year old car does not seem that out of line to me. (to each his own).
Old 12-29-2022, 07:57 PM
Mactastic
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by presidentsdad
Does anyone actually have the Nifty City one installed? Does it actually "fix" bluetooth (as in calls actually work??)? The reason I ask is the bluetooth is 100% NOT reliable in my 2011 G37. It's truly my only complaint about the car. $800-ish for adding a modern app without having to seriously modify your car (aka being able to use a pre-made harness) to an 11 year old car does not seem that out of line to me. (to each his own).
It has its own Bluetooth module, so it's a different Bluetooth connection, and uses a newer Bluetooth specification.
Old 01-06-2023, 04:13 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by rs98
Are the Grom and the Aliexpress versions a case of rebranding the exact same hardware?

Also, are there any cheaper alternatives as 2021? I'm coming from a BMW where a similar box for CarPlay could be found on Aliexpress for ~$250, so I'm amazed that these are so much more expensive
Just saw it - the GROM Audio VLine VL2 system is not the rebranding of anything else. GROM VLine VL2 both hardware and software are GROM Audio proprietary. In addition, we are based in TX, US - therefore you get local technical support, 18 month warranty and 30 days money back. We can also install VLine VL2 system to your vehicle if you are local to Plano, TX.

More information about GROM VLine VL2 system for Infiniti G37 is available on our website https://gromaudio.com You can use the "Find what fits your car" search widget on the home page, to see what is compatible with your specific vehicle, depending on the year and configuration.

Here is one if the install videos for VLine VL2 system in Infiniti G37 2010-2013:

Let us know if you have any questions, we are happy to help!

Old 02-01-2023, 02:34 PM
RickyRaz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does modifying the stock unit to these aftermarket ones add or decrease value for resale?
Old 02-01-2023, 05:31 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by RickyRaz
Does modifying the stock unit to these aftermarket ones add or decrease value for resale?
If you replace the factory stereo to the aftermarket, in general in decreases the value. It also depends on the vehicle age, and what aftermarket did you add.

However the GROM VLine VL2 system does not replace the factory stereo. It integrates with the existing factory stereo, adding extra features such as CarPlay and Android Auto integration to the existing factory car stereo. The VLine VL2 system can be easily disconnected from the factory car stereo before the vehicle's resale, and can be sold on its own, or placed into the other compatible vehicle. Depending on the buyer;s preference, it can also increase the value of the vehicle that is being sold due to the new features such as Google and Waze Maps, CarPlay and Android Auto added to the existing factory car stereo.
Old 02-02-2023, 12:46 PM
RickyRaz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by gromaudio
If you replace the factory stereo to the aftermarket, in general in decreases the value. It also depends on the vehicle age, and what aftermarket did you add.

However the GROM VLine VL2 system does not replace the factory stereo. It integrates with the existing factory stereo, adding extra features such as CarPlay and Android Auto integration to the existing factory car stereo. The VLine VL2 system can be easily disconnected from the factory car stereo before the vehicle's resale, and can be sold on its own, or placed into the other compatible vehicle. Depending on the buyer;s preference, it can also increase the value of the vehicle that is being sold due to the new features such as Google and Waze Maps, CarPlay and Android Auto added to the existing factory car stereo.
Oh that's interesting. I'm gonna look into that. Thanks!
gromaudio (02-02-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 12:04 AM
scarlett 999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g25 g37 carplay interface

Infiniti G35 G37 Wireless Apple carplay

https://azton-net.myshopify.com/prod...ca61514f&_ss=r

Old 07-13-2023, 05:03 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

CarPlay on the factory stereo using VLine VL2

Using maps on CarPlay with GROM VLine VL2
We have a group buy for VLine VL2 CarPlay and Android Auto integration, starting today! The group discount will be $120 off the VLine VL2 system and $70 off the VLite VT2. The group ordering period will end on July 20th, and the product will ship after August 3rd.

Both VLine VL2 and VLite VT2 will give you integrated wireless CarPlay and Android Auto.

If you would like to join the group order, send us DM with your email address. We will add you to the group order list. You can also contact us via website at https://gromaudio.com/support.html and submit the request to join the group.
socketz67 (09-14-2023)
Old 08-31-2023, 04:44 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Hi all, we plan to launch a September group order for VLine VL2 / VLite VT2 systems to add CarPlay and Android Auto to the factory stereos of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles.

The group ordering period will start September 7th and last one week. The product will ship at the end of September.

The group order participants will receive a discount of $120 off the VLine VL2 system or $70 off the VLite VT2. Both systems support wireless CarPlay and Android Auto.

If you'd like to participate in the upcoming group buy order, please message us your email and name, and we will add you to the list. You can also send your name and email address via web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html

Here is the latest demo video for Nissan and Infiniti stereos for CarPlay and Android Auto integration using VLine VL2 system:

Last edited by gromaudio; 08-31-2023 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-14-2023, 02:01 PM
vqbreezy
Registered Member

Question

Originally Posted by scarlett 999
Infiniti G35 G37 Wireless Apple carplay

https://azton-net.myshopify.com/prod...ca61514f&_ss=r

i saw what this kit comes with but it doesn integrate with the oem usb and microphone? it uses a completely different set of usb and microphone?