Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

AUX button/AM/FM

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 05:30 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
AUX button/AM/FM

Hey guys- anyone come across this problem before? the aux button and the AM/FM button are not responding-all others are working...i did take the panel off and unplugged /re plugged the connector, disconnected the battery for 12+ hours and nothing, so not sure if its a fuse related issue or the panel went bad...any ideas?
Old 05-12-2019, 07:13 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,250 Likes on 1,012 Posts
Did you try running the switch self-diagnostic test?

There is also the full AV self-diagnostic which is a little more detailed:

The first diagnostic will tell you what buttons work/don't work. The second will show if there is a detected fault in either switch assembly.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 05-12-2019 at 10:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
G37sPhoton (05-12-2019)
Old 05-12-2019, 09:55 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

^ hey thanks, forgot about that feature...will give it a shot and see what it shows
Old 05-13-2019, 06:27 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

tried them both..the first checked verified that they dont work, but tried the second check, but nothing in there to confirm the buttons, at least not in any settings i saw...but thanks, good stuff to remember
Old 05-13-2019, 07:17 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,250 Likes on 1,012 Posts
In the second diagnosis function, you will want to look at the CONNECTION STATUS between the AV Unit and the modules. Then, check ERROR HISTORY. This may give you some trouble codes that can used to pinpoint the problem.

However, more than likely the switch assembly is shot- luckily there are plenty available on eBay and relatively inexpensive. Not to throw a wrench into the works, but keep in mind that the MFD switch (dial one) connects to the Preset switch panel (clock one). Hard to say which one is shot and is why it would be helpful to know the connection status and if any trouble codes are present.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:53 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

ok, saw the history opt and one of the few options i didn't bother selecting..will check it for any codes/info...also, yeah, saw a few on eBay but was hoping mine would be a fuse etc...as I want to stream audio from my phone, but it seems that without being able to switch to aux(even with a USB cable connection) nothing happens..maybe the aux feature is fried thus no Bluetooth, though i can use the phone etc no issues...but hey, will check that history option out and if nothing viable, then a new one is my next course of option and the panel(clock one) doesn't have any issues, all buttons functions etc, so that is why i thought it was an isolated issue..but thanks again for all the info, much appreciated
Old 05-13-2020, 10:39 AM
Nyzflyyguy
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G37sPhoton
ok, saw the history opt and one of the few options i didn't bother selecting..will check it for any codes/info...also, yeah, saw a few on eBay but was hoping mine would be a fuse etc...as I want to stream audio from my phone, but it seems that without being able to switch to aux(even with a USB cable connection) nothing happens..maybe the aux feature is fried thus no Bluetooth, though i can use the phone etc no issues...but hey, will check that history option out and if nothing viable, then a new one is my next course of option and the panel(clock one) doesn't have any issues, all buttons functions etc, so that is why i thought it was an isolated issue..but thanks again for all the info, much appreciated
did you fix it im having the same problem

Trending Topics

Old 05-14-2020, 02:01 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

hey, yeah, tried all recommendations and none worked...i ended up just buying the console itself from ebay and it came with a cable..took off panel and 4 screws and replaced and it worked, so wasnt fuses or settings issue, something wend bad in console is my best guess..it cost me 27 shipped though now you can find some with the whole housing and console for a few bucks more