Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Replacement Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 02:00 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Replacement Speakers

I didn't see anything about this, but I was wondering if other speakers would be a direct fit of the factory plugs? Obviously they would have to be the same size or smaller. I have seen some other factory speakers for sale. I was thinking it would be nice to replace the Bose stuff with B&W speakers from a Jag or Volvo. There is an aftermarket company making direct fit speakers for a tesla. How about for a G37?
Old 02-18-2019, 11:38 PM
slovell1
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
It's not the sizes that are the problem, it's the Bose speakers ohms ratings which are 2 ohms and the oddball EQ curves from their amps. I think Infinity makes some 2 ohms speakers not sure whether they'll fit or whether they'll get along with the amps. Probably not. You can get an adapter for that 10" monster woofer in the doors and put a nice 6.5" in there instead. I yanked all of the Bose stuff out of my Coupe and haven't looked back, sounds so much better now.

Last edited by slovell1; 02-18-2019 at 11:44 PM.