Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Which phone mount do you all use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 12:35 PM
iddqd
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Which phone mount do you all use?

Hey all! I've had a pro clip mount for 1/2 year now and overall didn't have too many issues since I would just stream music on it. I've been using it more often now for navigation and don't like the idea of how low it sits. I'm thinking of settling for one that's almost eye level, possibly one on the windshield itself in my left corner or wherever else I can place it so it doesn't obstruct my vision.

May I ask what you all use for your G?
Old 08-14-2018, 01:21 PM
6MT>7AT
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I use a magnetic mount that attaches to the air vent. However, I don't like using it during the winter as the heat constantly blows onto the phone. I plan to move to a cd tray magnetic mount during the winter for this reason and will then rotate between the two.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:21 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
^^
I use this!

Work great!

Amazon Amazon
  • Universal - Firmly mounts smartphones, GPS units, and lightweight tablets, incl. iPhone 4/5/5C/5S/6/6+/6 Plus, iPad Mini, iPad Air, Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5, Note 2/3, HTC One, Motorola Turbo Moto X, Nokia Lumia, Google Nexus, Amazon Fire, Nexus 5/6/7
  • Comes ready to use with a heavy-duty, sturdy grip thanks to a rubber-reinforced METAL insertion blade. Built like a tank but quite simple, the installation of the Snap+ blade system involves just the turning of a thumb ****
  • Easy Installation - Insert directly into a front-loading CD player slot and still easily control your device from the driver's seat. Or insert into a dashboard groove to keep your CD player accessible. No suction cups, no clips, no screw, no glue
  • Flexible - Sophisticated ball joint adapter allows for fine-tuning your display angle for maximum viewing comfort while driving
  • How is it different from Mounter's popular groove Snap3? The Snap+ was specifically designed to support the weight of today's larger devices, such as the iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Mini, and iPad Air
Telcoman
Old 08-14-2018, 01:26 PM
iddqd
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Ooh, I never tried a magnetic mount holder before. I guess that would be annoying with it blocking the vent, haha. If you close that vent, would the ac/heat push more through the other ones?

Thanks for the link telcoman! Looks like a perfect way to use the cd slot haha.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:35 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by iddqd
Ooh, I never tried a magnetic mount holder before. I guess that would be annoying with it blocking the vent, haha. If you close that vent, would the ac/heat push more through the other ones?

Thanks for the link telcoman! Looks like a perfect way to use the cd slot haha.
It doesn't block anything

Telcoman
Old 08-14-2018, 02:00 PM
6MT>7AT
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
There is a slight increase in air flow through other vents if you close one but even when you close the vent some heat still blows directly on the phone which really heats it up. I definitely recommend using a magnetic mount. You can either place the metal strips provided between your current case and phone or I opted to buy a case that already had a metal strip integrated into it. Keep in mind though that the metal strip will block wireless charging if your phone has that feature so you have to put the metal piece in a location above or below the center of the phone as to not impede this feature.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:14 AM
rmG37
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I use an iOttie CD mount
Old 08-15-2018, 01:20 PM
mdigiorgio35
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
i use this:
Amazon Amazon

I put it on top of my dash above the radio screen