Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2012 G37 Journey USB port.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 04:01 PM
Motownmike
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah,

I went back and forth with that. I was going to do just that but decided that with my ipad that I currently use I could sync music quickly and easily and not have a third device.
Can't have it all I guess.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Crystalandmark

If the cord will work, in the end... that will be ok.

I want to to stream music and podcasts.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:50 PM
Motownmike
Registered Member

Clarification,

I use an ipad pro at work and will switch to a iphone so that I can use the phone for streaming in the car and bluetooth calls.
I dont plan to use the ipad in the car. I tested it to make sure it played ok with the usb port and it does.

I ordered an iphone and I should have it in a couple of days. Bye bye Android.
I will be able to sync between my ipad and iphone. Don't want t add another device.

I will update when I get the phone
Old 04-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
No wonder you can't insert the cable- that port is toast. The pins are all bent up and smashed.

Replace the jack and you should be good to go.

p/n: 284H3-1FA0B
$61.42 from discountinfinitiparts.com, though you might find one cheaper/used off eBay.
i would have to agree, not only does it look bent up and smashed, the middle piece that sticks out and rests against the cord appears to be broken off completely...sucks that its so expensive for a replacement, if you're handy with a soldering iron you can probably just grab a generic connector for a few bucks off ebay and solder it in...otherwise ebay or a wrecker would be the way to go...
Old 04-02-2018, 05:55 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Motownmike
Clarification,

I use an ipad pro at work and will switch to a iphone so that I can use the phone for streaming in the car and bluetooth calls.
I dont plan to use the ipad in the car. I tested it to make sure it played ok with the usb port and it does.

I ordered an iphone and I should have it in a couple of days. Bye bye Android.
I will be able to sync between my ipad and iphone. Don't want t add another device.

I will update when I get the phone
after IOS10, my iPhone would lose connection when i would start the car up and need to be unplugged and reconnected.

good luck.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:44 PM
Motownmike
Registered Member

Update,

Received my iphone yesterday.
After setting it up and transferring my music I plugged it in and everything worked perfectly.
For me this is a far better option than taking my dash apart and losing the satellite.
Plugging in the iphone vs Bluetooth is no big deal. I have to plug it in for charging anyway. I can still make Bluetooth phone calls.

All I had to do was convert from Android.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:38 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Motownmike
Plugging in the iphone vs Bluetooth is no big deal. I have to plug it in for charging anyway.

i recently bought a bunch of magnetic charging cables ... nice for in the car - just get it near the charge ports and it attaches. no fumbling around, trying to get it in the slot correctly, which is nice if you're driving.

you do kind of have to replace all your charging cables with them, though.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:43 AM
Crystalandmark

Update

had the usb Port replaced at dealer. $99 no install fee.

It charges but says No Song !!!????? iPhone 7 Plus. No issues with Bluetooth phone connectivity.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:12 PM
ross7778

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Weird. My iPhone 8 works fine. Do you have music on your phone or subscribe to Apple Music?
Old 04-26-2018, 03:38 PM
Crystalandmark

I don’t use ITunes. I use Amazon music. I was under the impression that the cord and USB port would allow me to access all phone audio. (Amazon, Podcast)

does it only work with Itunes ?
Old 04-26-2018, 04:54 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,253 Likes on 1,015 Posts
This was a problem a decade ago with iTunes. If I recall, you must have at least one (1) song downloaded from iTunes.

http://https://www.myg37.com/forums/...e-stumped.html

After that you should not have any problems. Another reason I left all that iCrap iNonsense for Android.

Good luck
Old 04-26-2018, 06:28 PM
user 3587587
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Crystalandmark
I don’t use ITunes. I use Amazon music. I was under the impression that the cord and USB port would allow me to access all phone audio. (Amazon, Podcast)

does it only work with Itunes ?
it will work you just need to start the apple app first. also that port is destroyed. It looks like someone shoved a cable in there and when they pulled it out they took the port with them.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:12 PM
ross7778

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
This was a problem a decade ago with iTunes. If I recall, you must have at least one (1) song downloaded from iTunes.

http://https://www.myg37.com/forums/...e-stumped.html

After that you should not have any problems. Another reason I left all that iCrap iNonsense for Android.

Good luck
I wouldn't blame Apple in this case. Infiniti made the choice to only support Apple products via USB. Not sure why.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:53 PM
codeflux
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

It charges but says No Song !!!????? iPhone 7 Plus. No issues with Bluetooth phone connectivity.

I know this one. That's Apple's fault, actually.

Download any free song from the iTunes store to your phone. One song is all you need. Once the Music app has at least a single song in it, your media over USB will start working in the car.

Beware that this song will start playing any time you plug in your phone after it's been rebooted, so make sure it's not something offensive to your tastes.

Once you play media from any other app (Spotify, DI.FM, what have you), then your single Music track will not play again.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:06 PM
lektrix
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by codeflux
I know this one. That's Apple's fault, actually.

Download any free song from the iTunes store to your phone. One song is all you need. Once the Music app has at least a single song in it, your media over USB will start working in the car.

Beware that this song will start playing any time you plug in your phone after it's been rebooted, so make sure it's not something offensive to your tastes.

Once you play media from any other app (Spotify, DI.FM, what have you), then your single Music track will not play again.
What's the fix for this? I downloaded the Playlists from Spotify onto my phone and tried to play music but I'm still getting this error. Are we only able to use the "Music App" which came pre-installed on the iPhone??