remote starter - Fortin evo-nist1 - MyG37

Go Back  MyG37 > Tech Area > Audio, Video & Electronics
Reload this Page >

remote starter - Fortin evo-nist1

Notices
Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Old 12-17-2017, 03:13 PM
mcola

Hi all, I've done some searching and find the unit mentioned in a couple places, but not a diy or any install threads.
So here goes... I'm thinking of getting an evo-nist1 complete with the available T-harness for a quicker DIY install and to eliminate any cutting and splicing of the cars harness. However I'm a little puzzled by some of the info from the Fortin website and wondering if any of you fine folks have installed the system.

I'm looking at the guide for the install with the T-harness...
http://cdn.fortin.ca/download/22271/...ts_l_22271.pdf

Here are my questions, and I apologize in advance if they come across dumb!

1. What is the Data-link being referred to on page 2. Because the install is different with and without it. And does my 2012 G37x sedan/auto/tech package have this?

2. I'm confused at what the remote starter shown in the diagrams at the top of page 5 and 6? As far as I know, the evo module is an all-in-one unit that includes the remote starter.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2017, 06:43 PM
JotaDe

Have you seen this video at all? I will be going with this unit as well so I've been doing my due diligence and came across this...
Old 12-17-2017, 07:45 PM
mcola

I did come across it and will need to watch it again. Unfortunately its not very well made and therefore of limited use. But thanks for posting it.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:26 PM
Marcel4t

I think that manual changed since I put mine in, not sure what that datalink is. Also, you can use the stock keyfob or get a long range fob (I got it, its awesome). I installed one a year ago and had an awesome vid to watch, I found the guy who made it, but for some reason the vid isnt there anymore. Maybe contact him? He had the video up, I know it. It was a step by step, saved my A** installing it, because without it would have been hard.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm7...7xRGOC3NjT65MA

The hardest parts were finding the wire for door dome light switch, and programming it, I didnt know I needed to buy the flash module also.
I bought this to find the dome light door switch:
https://www.tooltopia.com/thexton-12...saAia4EALw_wcB

Last edited by Marcel4t; 12-17-2017 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:48 PM
mcola

I think I saw those videos and didn't see one for our car. Good to know. I have emailed him. I have emailed Fortin also. Here's hoping... but I have read in some reviews and forums that Fortin's customer service isn't the best.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:15 PM
mcola

I called Fortin today and learned that I was looking at the wrong installation guide. I should be looking at the stand alone guide. Stand alone meaning just using it as the by-pass and starter. The other guide that talks about the data-link is used when also installing a separate starter, alarm, rf antenna, etc.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:28 AM
Marcel4t

[QUOTE=mcola;4173646]I called Fortin today and learned that I was looking at the wrong installation guide. I should be looking at the stand alone guide. Stand alone meaning just using it as the by-pass and starter. The other guide that talks about the data-link is used when also installing a separate starter, alarm, rf antenna, etc.[/QUOTO
Oh good, yea, its not super complicated an install. Its one of my favorite mods I have done on a car, so convenient to start my car when its 95* out and get into a cooled down car.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:56 AM
mcola

[QUOTE=Marcel4t;4173703]
Originally Posted by mcola View Post
I called Fortin today and learned that I was looking at the wrong installation guide. I should be looking at the stand alone guide. Stand alone meaning just using it as the by-pass and starter. The other guide that talks about the data-link is used when also installing a separate starter, alarm, rf antenna, etc.[/QUOTO
Oh good, yea, its not super complicated an install. Its one of my favorite mods I have done on a car, so convenient to start my car when its 95* out and get into a cooled down car.
Clearly you live in the south. I'm in Canada. Imagine getting into a -5* car.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:07 PM
blazeplacid

These kits are very easy to install if you have general 12 volt knowledge.

Took me about an hour. 20ish minutes to install and 30ish min to program and make sure everything was set up correctly.

I'm glad this company is making products like this. They are very affordable and have great customer support.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:44 PM
mcola

Merry Christmas!
I'm not having a lot of luck with my present to myself.
I've installed the remote starter and programmed it according to the instructions, and it will not start my car when I press the key fob lock button 3 times. It goes through a cycle but doesn't start.

Confused!!
Old 12-25-2017, 05:39 PM
Epiphany

[QUOTE=mcola;4173704]
Originally Posted by Marcel4t View Post

Clearly you live in the south. I'm in Canada. Imagine getting into a -5* car.
Can't help you with the install unfortunately, but I was a huge fan of my remote start this morning at -25
Old 12-25-2017, 09:00 PM
goldenwingsnyc

Originally Posted by mcola View Post
Merry Christmas!
I'm not having a lot of luck with my present to myself.
I've installed the remote starter and programmed it according to the instructions, and it will not start my car when I press the key fob lock button 3 times. It goes through a cycle but doesn't start.

Confused!!
you have to enable it in the firmwire
Old 12-25-2017, 09:07 PM
mcola

Originally Posted by goldenwingsnyc View Post
you have to enable it in the firmwire
I have. Per the instructions I have turned on options C1 and D1.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:15 PM
blazeplacid

Try calling Fortin. They are very helpful.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:34 PM
mcola

I've meant to update the thread... its up and running!
I had a mechanic friend come by yesterday and I explained the install and programming and showed him it wouldn't start. He reviewed the instructions and double checked my install and everything was ok. Checked over and over again and nothing found and no start. Finally called Fortin when they opened for the day, explained everything we did and checked and was asked to try starting the car again to explain the start up sequence it was going thru, and it actually started!!! Almost as if I needed to call in for official activation, it was really weird.

In all honesty, I think there might have been an issue with one of the t-taps that I installed, and our double/triple checking things finally resulted in a proper connection.

Good timing too... it was -22F this morning with the windchill.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: remote starter - Fortin evo-nist1

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.