Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

GROM BT3 works but won't skip tracks

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 08:20 PM
yellowjacket83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GROM BT3 works but won't skip tracks

Hello all...I have a 2012 sedan with Bose audio and no navigation. I just installed the GROM BT3 adapter with SAT emulation and unplugged the satellite radio receiver in the trunk. The unit does work for playing audio but won't skip tracks on the radio or the steering wheel controls...it just pauses for a second and continues playing. Anyone else have this issue? I'm using a Samsung Note 8 phone with Spotify. The same phone works and skips tracks fine in my other car. GROM is saying they may be able to fix it with a firmware update but are not committing to anything...which is disappointing since they seem to be the only option for the 2010+ non-nav cars.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:57 PM
yellowjacket83

So just in case someone else has this issue and finds this thread...it turns out if you link a Samsung Note 8 to the GROM BT3 module for audio and the factory G37 bluetooth for call audio at the same time, skipping tracks does not work. If the factory bluetooth is NOT connected and everything is routed through the BT3, this module works as advertised.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else is running the GROM BT3 with the call audio routed through the factory bluetooth and what phones work or don't in this scenario.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:24 PM
Superjay

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm using the BT3 on my 08. Mine won't skip tracks either. With my iPhone 7 and iOS11 I'm having connectivity issues, too. It's not a GROM issue, so much as one device that works with so many platforms. Universal pieces usually only work about 80%. Plus, integrating and emulating are very difficult with aftermarket parts.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:08 PM
yellowjacket83

Originally Posted by Superjay
I'm using the BT3 on my 08. Mine won't skip tracks either. With my iPhone 7 and iOS11 I'm having connectivity issues, too. It's not a GROM issue, so much as one device that works with so many platforms. Universal pieces usually only work about 80%. Plus, integrating and emulating are very difficult with aftermarket parts.
Yeah I know what you mean...I ended up keeping the BT3 and I purchased the Wirelinq product that GROM has which does skip tracks and works as intended. I'll probably keep that in the car for longer trips when I would be charging the phone anyway.