Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

USB help needed for music and movies

Old 11-12-2017, 05:55 PM
RANDY350Z
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
USB help needed for music and movies

I have a 2014 Q60. I am trying to put movies on a usb stick. I created a folder called movies then dropped the movies into the folder. The movies are converted from Divix converter. They show up as an mkv file. Screen says unplayable file, then I just dropped movies onto the stick with out a folder. Same issue. Both times the e brake was engaged. I did this last year and this worked on the same PNY usb sticks. Any help would be great. I've read some of the forums on this, but not sure what I am doing wrong.

I want to put music onto the stick. Should I create an artist folder then drop the album/songs under that? I had my ipod in there but I would prefer to use the stick.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2017, 07:25 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,250 Likes on 1,012 Posts
Even though my car is a 2008, I swapped a 2014 NAV system into it so I know firsthand the hassle of getting the video to work. Assuming the USB stick is good and formatted FAT32.....

It sounds like there is a problem with the converted files. Are you using the correct DivX profile? The output file extension, after converting, should be .divx, not .mkv. The G37 will not read any video other than .divx. Ancient profile but that is what Nissan stuck us with...

I use the following profile: HOME THEATER, customize the output to fit resolution 720 x ***, and increase the bitrate to just over 2000kbps. You can use the HD 720p profile but for some reason that did not produce the best results for me. To date I have about 5gb of mp3's and roughly 35gb of video.

You can arrange your files and have as many folders as you desire. Personally, I only have 3 folders total on my USB stick: mp3, Movies, and Music Videos. A word of advice, get everything arranged and in the order you want on your PC BEFORE you transfer them to the USB stick.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 11-12-2017 at 07:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
user 3587587 (11-12-2017)

Search this Thread