Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Samsung Galaxy s8 Plus and Pandora

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 02:39 PM
fyoung
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Samsung Galaxy s8 Plus and Pandora

I have a 2011 G37S with navigation. I just got a Samsung Galaxy s8 Plus. I've tried several times to play Pandora through my car speakers but no luck. My car sees my phone in Bluetooth but it won't play music through the speakers. I can turn on "call audio" in the bluetooth settings and there is also a Media audio selection. Whenever I turn that one on it stays on for a second and turns right back off. So confused.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:34 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
I had the same issue with S7, note4, and g3.
BT connection in the Gs is pretty crappy and you never know when it'll work or not.
You'll need to completely forget your car / phone connection and then try to re-pair.
Also, when connecting 'media' on the car, do it on the phone at the same time. That usually works for me - both sides recognize each other and connect.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:12 PM
fyoung
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went out and tried that a few times but still no luck. This is so strange. I feel like there is a way to get it to play through the speakers but I just can't figure it out. Thank you so much for your response.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:46 AM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Mine works perfect every single time.
Note 5
Note 7
S6
Now s7 edge