Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Adding gps and back up camara

Old 03-15-2017, 10:50 PM
Rv015s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding gps and back up camara

hey my aunt just bought a G37 journey sport with no gps or back up camara, she saw on ebay that they selling the whole factory set up such as screen the radio itself and the buttons for gps function, so can this be change and the car will be gps ready ? When it comes to the camara what if she buys the wing with the camara build in to it and then run connection to the radio, can this be possible? Or there is something else they gotta do ? Or would it be better to make the dealer do it?
Old 03-15-2017, 11:28 PM
g35aa

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the complete kit - $350 USD including shipping for everything EVEN including the PIG tails, antenna, clips and more... It is easy to do if you have all the parts!

The pic above is the main components, but you can email me at platinumpropertymaintenancekw@gmail.com for lots of pics and details!

Last edited by g35aa; 03-15-2017 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:26 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,250 Likes on 1,012 Posts
Can swapping OEM NAV systems and adding a camera be done? Yes, plenty of us here have done it, myself included. Even with "all the parts," the swap IS NOT plug-and-play. Wiring harnesses have to spliced, some terminal pins will have to be moved, wires will have to be added, etc.

Most swaps switch out the older systems (2007-2009) for the newer (2010+) units. More bang for the buck and, in my case, less wiring to deal with.

Someone with good mechanical and electronics skills should have no problem completing this project. The dealership will not help you. A competent audio install shop might but the labor cost will not be cheap.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:11 PM
Rv015s

G37 gps

so it could be done ? Thts perfect but who can doit? I live in jersey and if you know somebody that can pull this off let me know, i also saw that the new infinitis like the 2014 g37 has stereo bluetooth connection besides the regular phone bluetooth in this case should i buy a kit from a 2013 g37 so i could have this feature or it wont be compatible? Thanks all your answers really help . My email is rvigo483@gmail.com

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
Can swapping OEM NAV systems and adding a camera be done? Yes, plenty of us here have done it, myself included. Even with "all the parts," the swap IS NOT plug-and-play. Wiring harnesses have to spliced, some terminal pins will have to be moved, wires will have to be added, etc.

Most swaps switch out the older systems (2007-2009) for the newer (2010+) units. More bang for the buck and, in my case, less wiring to deal with.

Someone with good mechanical and electronics skills should have no problem completing this project. The dealership will not help you. A competent audio install shop might but the labor cost will not be cheap.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:17 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

I left New York metro long ago so, no, I do not know of any shops there or in Jersey that could do this for you. The swap is not hard but it is very technical because of the wiring. Most of the wires are there, they just need to be moved while a few wires have to be added. The only headache is the display cable which I had to order from Infiniti for $25.

I swapped my 2008 system for a 2014 one I found on eBay for around $350. For me, having a better screen, Bluetooth streaming and the USB for music and videos (don't ask) made the whole project worth my time. No more Apple AV cables and multiple chargers. My center console (also upgraded) is actually empty now except for the USB stick. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Any 2010+ NAV unit will have Bluetooth music streaming and USB. Wish I could help more but if you have any questions at all please ask.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:55 AM
Rv015s

Gps

last question if i just add one of the gps of a 2010 g37 with stereo bluetooth is that just plug and play or there still need to be special connections? Not interested in rear camara no more
Old 03-18-2017, 12:31 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

No part of the swap is plug-and-play. The headunit and display require different wiring configurations from what your stock unit likely has. Remember, just about every component of your AV system has to be swapped out.

There are countless ways to add GPS and Bluetooth to your factory system. Just do some searches here in the forum as there are TONS of threads on different methods and products you could use. These may be a more practical and better alternative for you than upgrading OEM units.

Search this Thread