Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Major Issue after trying to install GROM

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 02:23 PM
AC3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Major Issue after trying to install GROM

So after attempting to install my new GROM Bluetooth unit, I hooked up my battery, and found that:
-my instrument gauges no longer work,
-all dash switches (A/V, HVAC) stopped working,
-and the car permanently thinks it's in reverse(reverse lights, and sensors going off).

Some lights on the cluster still work, but will not read rpm, speed, etc. The car was blowing the 10A "Elec Parts (IGN)" fuse, but when completely removed, the reverse issue was solved. All other fuses are intact interior and exterior, and I will be checking the BCM soon.
Still doing some troubleshooting, but ideas would be welcome as to what the issue might be. Thanks!

Edit: GROM is removed and trying to reset it to the way it was before.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:25 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,250 Likes on 1,012 Posts
Double and triple check the wiring connectors at the AC amplifier: the little white plastic rectangular box that sits atop the AV headunit. The amp has two connectors going to it and they are identical- very easy to mix up.

Most of the problems you describe can be traced to the AC (accessory) amplifier. You may need to reference the FSM for your car to make sure which connector goes where.

Hope some of this helps.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:58 PM
AC3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
Double and triple check the wiring connectors at the AC amplifier: the little white plastic rectangular box that sits atop the AV headunit. The amp has two connectors going to it and they are identical- very easy to mix up.

Most of the problems you describe can be traced to the AC (accessory) amplifier. You may need to reference the FSM for your car to make sure which connector goes where.

Hope some of this helps.
Helped quite a bit, got the gauges going and it seems to drive fine now, had the cords backwards.

However AC/music control is still not working. Neither are the switches under the screen, will probably need a new unit for that.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:34 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,250 Likes on 1,012 Posts
The multi-function (MFD) switch (below display) is wired directly to the preset switch panel (HVAC/radio) by means of one (1) ribbon cable.

The preset switch panel connects to the main harness by means of one (1) connector (16-pin).

Assuming all of your fuses check out ok, I would double check the 16pin connector ACC wire (preset switch panel) for power. If 12vdc is being supplied than likely your preset switch panel is damaged somehow. The MFD gets its power from the preset panel and should be okay, theoretically.

Best of luck.