Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

No back light on Radio or Climate Controls

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 07:27 PM
Randy Johnson
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
No back light on Radio or Climate Controls

Hello All,

I have a 2010 Coupe that just had the warranty expire 2 months ago. I had an issue where the car would not start. I could not find an issue so I took it to the dealer (this is when I learned my extended warranty ended). The diagnosed the issue as a main engine fuse blown and bad battery (battery was replaced by dealer about 3 years ago under warranty ). So I get the car back and since it's getting staying darker later and getting darker earlier I noticed they were out. I checked all the fuse in the interior and the engine bay. All were good. Anybody have any other suggestions in troubleshooting this issue? I know the climate control and radio is a circuit board. Do these things go bad on our cars?
Old 10-20-2016, 09:06 AM
Randy Johnson
Registered Member

Old 10-20-2016, 02:09 PM
Elco
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
turn on the AC ON so the AC indicator light will be ON, then plz check if the AC indicator light dim when you tun on the headlights.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:33 PM
Randy Johnson
Registered Member

Hey Elco,

I tried what you suggested and no good. Lights did not dim at all. No change.

So I started poking around the engine bay again and deceided to pull off all the plastic covers. Tucked on the passenger side between the battery and fender is a black box. Looks like a relay box not a fuse box. You cannot see any diagram on top from how it is sitting. It is also long. Well I'm sure you can guess what is in there. Yep you got it. A blown fuse. This is the "hidden" fuse box with most if not all of your lights and accessories. Replaced fuse and all lights work now!!!

PS: you can also check your cabin air filter from here.
Attached Thumbnails No back light on Radio or Climate Controls-img_3187.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
VaderK52 (10-23-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 10:44 AM
sLADe781
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson
So I started poking around the engine bay again and deceided to pull off all the plastic covers. Tucked on the passenger side between the battery and fender is a black box. Looks like a relay box not a fuse box. You cannot see any diagram on top from how it is sitting. It is also long. Well I'm sure you can guess what is in there. Yep you got it. A blown fuse. This is the "hidden" fuse box with most if not all of your lights and accessories. Replaced fuse and all lights work now!!!

Good job buddy!

While you had the fuse box out, did you pull the steering lock fuse as well? Just curious... lol
Old 10-27-2016, 04:28 PM
Elco
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson
Hey Elco,

I tried what you suggested and no good. Lights did not dim at all. No change.

PS: you can also check your cabin air filter from here.

that's the IPDM. Is not hidden... just not everyone know about its presence