Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Remote Starter for 2012 Infiniti G37x Pushbutton

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 05:06 PM
chris87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Starter for 2012 Infiniti G37x Pushbutton

I am planning to install a remote starter for my 2012 Infiniti G37x (pushbutton). I'd like to use a T-harness to simplify installation. I've noticed a few different options, and I am a little overwhelmed. It looks like the starters from Fortin, Omegalink, and Compustar/Idatalink are similar. It does appear that the Fortin version is a bit cheaper, but I'm not overly concerned with price. My understanding is that I may need to purchase an RF kit (longer range) and possibly a flash module. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Is one better than the other? Is there any difference with installation? Are there any other options that I should consider? I just need basic remote start functionality. I appreciate any input!

Here's a link to the items I referenced in my post:

Fortin EVO-NIST1
Omegalink OL-RS-NI5
Compustar FT-NI5-DC
Old 01-04-2016, 09:43 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
i went with the
-DBALL2 Pro
-optional T-Harness: THNISS3C like some of the guys here but the only downfall is you need to have a long range. take a look at this thread, sorry if you did already. hope it help.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...installed.html
Old 01-04-2016, 10:02 PM
si_driver
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts
I went with the Fortin myself. Easy installation almost all plug and play, took about 20 minutes to install.

I think they have an option for long range too.
Based on their website, "Compatible with most protocols & Long Range RF Kits (remote + antenna) on the market."
Old 01-05-2016, 01:21 AM
GFTW
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by si_driver
I went with the Fortin myself. Easy installation almost all plug and play, took about 20 minutes to install.

I think they have an option for long range too.
Based on their website, "Compatible with most protocols & Long Range RF Kits (remote + antenna) on the market."
With this device do you have to turn off the car and turn it back on to drive? or you can take over the device and drive? I think with the DBALL2 you can take over by hitting the brake or something.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:24 AM
Shiesty2000
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the fortin with the nist1 t Harness and extended range remote and it works great. You will also need the flaslink to program it. Install was fairly quick just follow the directions. Only 5 wires need to be connected. 1 crimps to the door pin wire at the bcm. Unlock clips into the bcm harness and lock clips into the bcm harness. And then one to the parking light wire in the fuse panel and one to the start/stop button and the others plug n play. The only thing is I had to extend the wires going to the bcm as they aren't long enough to reach from where I mounted the unit under the steering wheel. And you do not need to shut the car and start it again. Just unlock the door get in and drive away.

Last edited by Shiesty2000; 01-05-2016 at 06:30 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:24 PM
GFTW
Registered Member

Does anyone know the differences between the fortin and the dball2? The fortin seems to be cheaper. I just want a basic remote starter.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:38 PM
chris87

One thing that I noticed with the Omegalink (and I think the Compustar too) is that there is no need to splice/solder at the pushbutton. At least it appears that way from the installation diagram. I believe there is just a connector. I'm not sure if that's worth the extra money though. Are there any significant issues with splicing the pushbutton wire?
Old 01-06-2016, 08:54 AM
Dang
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Shiesty2000
I have the fortin with the nist1 t Harness and extended range remote and it works great. You will also need the flaslink to program it. Install was fairly quick just follow the directions. Only 5 wires need to be connected. 1 crimps to the door pin wire at the bcm. Unlock clips into the bcm harness and lock clips into the bcm harness. And then one to the parking light wire in the fuse panel and one to the start/stop button and the others plug n play. The only thing is I had to extend the wires going to the bcm as they aren't long enough to reach from where I mounted the unit under the steering wheel. And you do not need to shut the car and start it again. Just unlock the door get in and drive away.
If you buy a Fortin that is already programed for your car, there is no need to also purchase the Flashlink. I bought a unit off of amazon, it came programmed and with a T harness.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:34 AM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
I've just ordered the Fortin from Amazon.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:12 PM
chris87

Does anyone know the wire gauge (size) for the following wires?: pushbutton start, lock/unlock, and driver door pin. The wires for the pushbutton start look to be pretty small, but I've only see them on Youtube videos.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:20 AM
Shiesty2000
Registered Member

I don't know for sure but I would say 18ga or 22ga. They are tiny
Old 01-08-2016, 09:09 PM
GFTW
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Dang
If you buy a Fortin that is already programed for your car, there is no need to also purchase the Flashlink. I bought a unit off of amazon, it came programmed and with a T harness.
I just bought one that was already preloaded with firmware for the G37. However, after I installed the module and program it, the 3x lock does not start the car. Do you have any idea? I have tried to reconnect all the connectors and relearn the module multiple times but still no hope. Do you think I need to buy the Flasklink re reprogram it?
Old 01-08-2016, 09:13 PM
Shiesty2000
Registered Member

If your certain everything is connected properly and you follow the sequence to program the module and it's still not working then I would think it wasn't program correctly and you need the flash link. The lock 3x to start is one of the options when you program it
Old 01-08-2016, 09:32 PM
GFTW
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Shiesty2000
If your certain everything is connected properly and you follow the sequence to program the module and it's still not working then I would think it wasn't program correctly and you need the flash link. The lock 3x to start is one of the options when you program it
Well I spliced the white wire with black stripe to the push start. Then I connected the brake switch connector, the OBD port connector, and the key fob slot connector to the appropriate connectors of t-harness. I haven't spliced the door pin wire but it should still work regardless. And I'm pretty sure I followed the sequence correctly when I programmed the module. All the lights on the module flashed just like in the instructions. Did I miss any step?
Old 01-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Shiesty2000
Registered Member

I can't see the door pin being the issue either. Are you sure you're using the red RL2 plug on the module ?

Quick Reply: Remote Starter for 2012 Infiniti G37x Pushbutton