Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Cant get Compact Flash to work, no CF choice in the menu

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 06:12 PM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Cant get Compact Flash to work, no CF choice in the menu

I have a 2008 g37s coupe which seems to be fully optioned. I realized that this year has lots of minor issues like having no usb etc.

I realized there was a compact flash slot and learned that it can read up to 512 songs files folders etc. Got myself a kingston 4gb CF.

After putting some mp3s when I put it in the CF slot (I tried a few times to see if I am doing it wrong but seems it is in securely) I can't get anything about CF.

Not even a message like "no CF inserted". it seems the only options I have are ipod, aux, music box and radios am I missing somthing ?

I pressed the aux button as the manual stated , nothing just seeing the wordl "normal".

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:37 PM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Ok seems this is a rare issue but I found the solution.

Went into the secret settings menu (audio off , press and hold settings button and rotate volume ****). One of the last few options resets the Sound, hdd etc related things , once you reset the unit began to look for and able to read CF, hdd without a problem.