Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Can not find speaker wire in footwell

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 08:36 PM
mmnjtwa

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Can not find speaker wire in footwell

I have a 2011 G37S coupe, and I'm trying to run new speaker wire from my amps to the footwell, where I plan to tap into the wires before the molex. I had no problem locating the wires on the driver's side, but cannot find them on the passenger side.

The wires for the woofer are supposed to be green and red, but I cannot find any with the proper gauge near the area. I've even tapped into light green and violet wires near that area, which are for the tweeter/mid but I'm not getting the proper ohm reading. I've checked in the trunk, at the plug, and get the proper reading there.

Any idea where to look in this area? It shouldn't be this difficult. I'm trying to avoid cutting in the molex to run through the door.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jayson

This is a photo of the wires in the area.

Edit: can't seem to post pictures from my Flickr account.

Last edited by mmnjtwa; 04-16-2015 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:33 PM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
If I remember right....the passenger side molex has an opening that you can easily pass wire through. I do know you must drill the drivers side.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:08 AM
mmnjtwa

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by blazeplacid
If I remember right....the passenger side molex has an opening that you can easily pass wire through. I do know you must drill the drivers side.
Thanks. As of now, I have the right side tapped into the harness in the trunk. I may take a day to rerun the wires and go through the molex just for the right side. If things go smoothly enough, and I finish in a good mood, I may take some time to run the driver's side.