Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help mirroring iphone to 2011-2013 with NAV

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 07:15 PM
steelsnow

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mirroring iphone to 2011-2013 with NAV

How's everyone doing? Let me start by saying I don't yet own the car, but in the next month I plan on getting one. So, I've been researching mirroring my iphone onto the factory stereo that HAS nav. I've seen it done, and I know its possible, but most of the stuff I see is for non nav and it's not for the years I am looking for. It would need to be for a 2011-2013 style nav system. To get the video portion of the nav screen to mirror my phone, I would need to jailbreak my iphone and then install the displayout app. Check. From what I understand, my 4S should send video through the cable, but I might need to get the composit cable that has the RGB, usb and jack that iphone jack that goes into the phone. Here is an example. Composite Audio and Video Cable For Apple iPad, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, 3G, 2G - Apple iPhone 4S Cables & Docks Past that, do I need anything else? I've seen the mimicsx2 and the Nav Tool along with a few other things, but I think that is stuff I don't need since I have the nav, and I think the video inputs are in the car. Where are you all at with this setup?
Old 06-19-2014, 08:54 AM
gsteigerwald

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
If you have the RCA cables in your center console then you are correct, you don't need the Navtool. But if you don't have them and have the USB input, then you will need the navtool to display your phone on the display. I imagine you have the USB because it is a newer car.

Navtool sells the product for both non-nav and nav so you obviously need the one with Nav. Other than that, I don't know how else one would mirror without Navtool.