Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help 09 g37 music with iphone 5s!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 01:29 PM
im_g37_fast
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 g37 music with iphone 5s!

Think ive tried everything and nothing!!!!

I donot have a usb or aux port in my car. I have the premium packake.

I have the cablejive dockstubz charger converter
Also gave the scosche passport adapter neither of them charge my iphone nor play music from it. So that was a waste of $60 already...

I just want my iphone 5s to be able to play music thru my radio not using bluetooth or aux.

If i absolutely have to ill deal with using aux and charging my iphone thru regular usb charger into cigg lighter.

Help me out
Old 12-29-2013, 03:11 PM
dc2r

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by im_g37_fast

I just want my iphone 5s to be able to play music thru my radio not using bluetooth or aux.

Help me out
how do you expect music to play without bluetooth or aux? magic?
Old 12-29-2013, 03:14 PM
im_g37_fast
Banned

Is that a serious quesion?..... Hmm maybe an ipod cable or certain adapter...... Genius......
Old 12-29-2013, 05:24 PM
DHS803

If you have the premium package, I think you should have the Aux port.

I think what the first guy was saying was, clearly your iphone isn't working using the adapter cable, 30-pin/lightning adapter and cablejive dockstubz, so that leaves your main 2 options as Aux or BT. You could also hard wire to the head unit or go buy an old, cheap iPod and use that in your car.

At first my iphone 5 worked using the adapter and dockstubz+ (the one that allows charging). One day, for whatever reason, it stopped working and only played music through my phone speakers even though the playlists etc showed on the LCD screen. Then somehow my iphone was literally fried. It was still under warranty. The new phone would not work at all. One by one I replaced the Nissan/Infiniti adapter cable, the 30-pin/lightning adapter (to the "real" Apple one) and the DockStubz+. The phone still never worked, but it also did get fried (yay), so I have just used the Aux port since then. It sucks not being able to use the integrated Apple stuff but it is what it is. I could either buy an old iPod or that part of the system is just never going to work unless and until Apple corrects something in iOS or Infiniti updates the system or makes a new adapter. The chances of Infiniti doing anything are essentially nonexistent. Until someone says Apple fixed the issue I am not going to risk the loss of my phone or the frustration of trying to get it to work again.