MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics-310/)
-   -   Finally some inspiration for that next mod (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/252334-finally-some-inspiration-for-that-next-mod.html)

LooksLikeASport 03-16-2014 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by smouth (Post 3751986)
Is there any way to do this without my car having the RCA jacks, just the USB input?

Unfortunately, it will be a bit more difficult. From what I've read, the best way to go about it is to splice into the XM radio wires and use that input. Depending on how you do it, you'll effectively be replacing XM radio with the audio from the tablet. I haven't done this yet, but I'm in the same position and when I get around to doing the mod, this is what I'll be doing. A good amount of people have done this before. I just did a quick search on google and found this guy who connected his XM audio wires to a bluetooth receiver.

http://g37.pl/bt/

In your case you would just connect them to a 3.5mm plug or some RCA jacks, instead of a bluetooth receiver.

EpicOnDaBeat 03-21-2014 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Paratrooper (Post 3743030)
Yes sir, Charlotte--we got to hang out or something. As far as my aux input,..I got lucky and my G has the rca's in the mid console...so i just used an rca to 3.5mm headphone jack. Thats it, I select aux on the radio and its done. Sounds awesome too, no need to increase volume or anything more than the radio.

The screen is perfect, nothing is cutoff. Side to side there is a few millimeters of black space (not noticeable), its the edge of the face of the nexus. Top to bottom is exact fit, so when needing to drop down the status bar its a tight fit for your finger tip..

I don't mean to go off subject but I live in Hickory. I'm down in Charlotte every few weeks. Was just down there last Friday at CIN Motorsports to have HFC's installed actually. Anyway, would love to see this up close before I consider doing anything similar. Any other DIY mods you've done?

TazRider 04-14-2014 09:22 PM

man How much do you Charge? l ' ll drive up from Atlanta for that,!!

stm37s 04-15-2014 12:16 AM

nice build man

Paratrooper 04-15-2014 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by EpicOnDaBeat (Post 3754170)
I don't mean to go off subject but I live in Hickory. I'm down in Charlotte every few weeks. Was just down there last Friday at CIN Motorsports to have HFC's installed actually. Anyway, would love to see this up close before I consider doing anything similar. Any other DIY mods you've done?

PM me the next time your coming down.

TazRider 04-16-2014 08:32 AM

Paratrooper, I assume you decided not to go with the dual screen. Where did you find that dual set up? I've been talking to sound shops in the area and it almost seems like you have to map out what you want for them to "see" if they can do it. This is nuts. The exterior and engine mods are plentyful but the electronic mods seems to be rocket science.

Paratrooper 04-16-2014 12:52 PM

I have not found a need for the factory screen, would still be sick to have it somewhere..

Car audio, mobile video, vehicle security, remote starters, and mobile electronics*-*Jersey City NJ*-*201 Motoring *-*(201) 793-8813

Oxygen955 04-28-2014 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Paratrooper (Post 3766572)
I have not found a need for the factory screen, would still be sick to have it somewhere..

Car audio, mobile video, vehicle security, remote starters, and mobile electronics*-*Jersey City NJ*-*201 Motoring *-*(201) 793-8813

Hey, thanks for the write-up and all the advice. I'm doing this, going to follow in your footsteps! I ordered all the parts.

I was thinking, where did you put your usb hub? Did you leave it in the console or bring it to the glove box? I was thinking of running an extension usb female and replacing that useless iphone port with the line to the hub. Keeps it looking 100% stock and everything hidden.

Paratrooper 04-29-2014 08:05 AM

Would be pretty clean in the console, coming through the existing port.

dlouly76 04-29-2014 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Paratrooper (Post 3766572)

How do can you tell what temperature your heater/ac is at?

Paratrooper 04-30-2014 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by dlouly76 (Post 3772721)

I just turn it until im comfortable.

Oxygen955 04-30-2014 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by dlouly76 (Post 3772721)

I'm combining Paratroopers setup with:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...nexus-7-a.html

That way I can use dashcam to display the stock screen/ settings etc. I still want that to be able to connect a new phone to bluetooth etc

All the parts are ordered. I'm using USBRom. Should all be here by next weekend.

Edit should mention using a different UVC capture device, that Febon is too expensive!

dlouly76 04-30-2014 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Oxygen955 (Post 3772873)
I'm combining Paratroopers setup with:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...nexus-7-a.html

That way I can use dashcam to display the stock screen/ settings etc. I still want that to be able to connect a new phone to bluetooth etc

All the parts are ordered. I'm using USBRom. Should all be here by next weekend.

Edit should mention using a different UVC capture device, that Febon is too expensive!

Yeah I saw this post to and wanted to go that route but was hoping to get better quality as mentions over time its getting wavy? Which capture device are you going to use? Im ready to order all the parts and nexus 7 (2013) as well but just this one hurdle was making me wait a bit. I do need to have my factory display so i can have full functionality of the stock system.

dlouly76 05-09-2014 04:21 PM

That awkward moment you post something last and it kills the thread......:dunno:

Paratrooper 05-12-2014 03:42 PM

REVIVE! just had some close friends of mine actually notice I had a tablet in my car... its been there for months. Turned into a nice conversation about doing a few setups local.