MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics-310/)
-   -   Finally some inspiration for that next mod (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/252334-finally-some-inspiration-for-that-next-mod.html)

toughcookie 12-31-2013 11:52 PM

I'm loving this! I might attempt this myself!

Paratrooper 01-01-2014 06:35 PM

Update on initial setup:

The OTG cable I have right now only accesses storage, but does not charge when both are attempted i.e. a usb hub trying to do both. Also, it will not allow the screen to stay awake under charging like a regular charger could do, and will not connect to my laptop anymore. This took me 4 hrs to troubleshoot but I found the issue...

There is a multi use OTG cable that has a micro usb pigtailed into it, it allows charging and hosting so I can keep the screen awake while its in the car and connected to my charger and access whatever external harddrive I am using. It also would connect with my laptop so i can transfer music. I think the only other thing is a kernel patch if my current software needs it. I'm running android 4.4.2

So, i will be ordering this new OTG Y cable soon, but for now I am going to enjoy the setup just using the normal charging cable that came with the nexus, as it now works like a charm. Powers off with car, powers on with car, audio sounds excellent.

warped ideas 01-01-2014 06:43 PM

Incredible..... Enough said.:biggthumpup:

Paratrooper 01-02-2014 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by warped ideas (Post 3718976)
Incredible..... Enough said.:biggthumpup:

In your sig you have Eibach pro comp kit, is that the anti roll kit with coil springs and sways?

oewoko 01-02-2014 11:28 AM

this looks awesome!

my only concern would be to see what mode the heat/ac is on. but i guess a few presses of the button you could figure it out. hah

warped ideas 01-02-2014 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Paratrooper (Post 3719110)
In your sig you have Eibach pro comp kit, is that the anti roll kit with coil springs and sways?

Yes. Full kit with sways only cost me about $700 give or take.

Paratrooper 01-02-2014 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by oewoko (Post 3719156)
this looks awesome!

my only concern would be to see what mode the heat/ac is on. but i guess a few presses of the button you could figure it out. hah

Yea, I am already acclamated to what the knobs and buttons can do for me without needing to see the screen. I laid a towel over the screen for a week and just remembered stuff. I mean if you need to access settings then it may be an issue... so set those before disconnecting. If you ever have to disconnect the battery--just remove center vents (its all one big piece now), and plug in the OEM screen to reset everything, i.e radio presets, lighting, personal settings, MPGs...etc

:BOUNCE:

Paratrooper 01-02-2014 05:55 PM

Here's the first video I have of many that I will post, just the basics for now..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pP58o0l2rNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Darth Kinetic 01-02-2014 10:12 PM

Subscribed.

Rikter 01-03-2014 01:28 AM

Will you be making a DIY or possibly offering install services for those without nav/those interested in this mod?

Paratrooper 01-03-2014 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rikter (Post 3719476)
Will you be making a DIY or possibly offering install services for those without nav/those interested in this mod?

Unless you live close to Charlotte, I don't really see myself trying to do installs... (work, wife,..xbox).

But! , I will make a more in depth youtube video with everything taken out of the dash showing how stuff is ran and hidden throughout the dash and console area. I will also show my rubber band contraption and more of the apps I am using.

:JAMIN:

Rikter 01-03-2014 08:27 AM

damn.. wrong coast. In for updates. Very interested in this mod.

showme99 01-05-2014 07:53 PM

That's a very nice setup you have there. Well done!

Snugenz 01-14-2014 11:32 PM

This is just great. Looking forward to your next video.

Paratrooper 01-20-2014 09:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got my Hotspot set up from my phone, so now my navigation is always up to date with turn by turn directions. My pandora works, and any other internet based apps. I have it set to auto connect when I enter the car, and auto disconnect when I get out. Here's a few pics using the satellite imagery version of google maps!

PICTURES AREN'T THE BEST (PHONE), I CAN UPLOAD A FEW MORE IF REQUESTED, AND I MAY STILL MAKE ANOTHER VIDEO USING ALL THE APPS.

Attachment 148396
Attachment 148397

The audio volumes down whenever the GPS is giving directions, another plus.