Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Definitive window reset procedure.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 04:15 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Definitive window reset procedure.

Too many different instruction out there telling you to hold you window switch for 15 seconds, and lack of explanation on how to handle the switches.

Here's a proven method based of the Service Manual:

The trick is to "hold" the switch on the way down, do not hit the switch and let it "auto down".
You do not have to hold it once it hits the bottom.
Once it hits bottom, "hold" the switch on the way up, that tells the BCU you have hit bottom, and returning up.
Do not use the "auto up" function, then keep holding it for 3/THREE seconds, not 15. You will hear a distinctive sound when the auto function has been calibrated, it's the BCU cutting power to the switch because you're at the top.
The 3 seconds is to tell the BCU you have reached the top.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:41 PM
daonlyillwiz

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Heres how i did it yesterday when i changed my battery:

put car in ON position but do not turn on
roll driver window half way down w/o pressing Auto down
roll driver window all the way up while HOLDING the AUTO UP button for 5s after rolling up

and repeat for each window until all 4 or 2 are completed.

DONE.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:47 PM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Too many different instruction out there telling you to hold you window switch for 15 seconds, and lack of explanation on how to handle the switches.

Here's a proven method based of the Service Manual:

The trick is to "hold" the switch on the way down, do not hit the switch and let it "auto down".
You do not have to hold it once it hits the bottom.
Once it hits bottom, "hold" the switch on the way up, that tells the BCU you have hit bottom, and returning up.
Do not use the "auto up" function, then keep holding it for 3/THREE seconds, not 15. You will hear a distinctive sound when the auto function has been calibrated, it's the BCU cutting power to the switch because you're at the top.
The 3 seconds is to tell the BCU you have reached the top.
Thanks for posting this. Sometimes it's easier to search the forum, rather than skim the owners manual
Old 08-17-2017, 09:21 AM
jmoses

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a problem with my passenger side window on a 2011 G37S coupe. Every time I open the passenger door the window drops about a half inch. If I close the door and reopen it....it drops another half inch. It will keep doing this as long as you keep closing and opening the door and does not roll back up on its own.

Anyone else come across this problem? Will this procedure fix this problem?

Thanks
The following users liked this post:
MStrike (09-19-2020)
Old 08-29-2017, 02:29 PM
Bossman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmoses
I have a problem with my passenger side window on a 2011 G37S coupe. Every time I open the passenger door the window drops about a half inch. If I close the door and reopen it....it drops another half inch. It will keep doing this as long as you keep closing and opening the door and does not roll back up on its own.

Anyone else come across this problem? Will this procedure fix this problem?

Thanks
I got the same problem after gettingy windows tinted. The guy removed the ground screw, and told me to put them back on after two days. I just kept them off.